1. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Oct '12 05:42
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    how about we play another game: i name a male leader that has ever supported or gone to war, you can name female leaders who have done the same.
    Lets do it with races too! I vote for the Bushmen of Southern Africa as the most peace loving race ever. I bet nobody can name any war started by them nor name any leader or instigator of even the tiniest conflict started by them.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Oct '12 00:35
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    i hear what your saying but if i listen to g75 only j.w's will qualify as true christians, my game, im including anybody who says they are a christian.
    Christians don't start wars, they finish them. 😏
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Oct '12 00:45
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Christians don't start wars, they finish them. 😏
    What?? like Vietnam? Or the Gulf war?

You really do just make it up as you see fit don't you?

Or perhaps you were thinking of WWII where the the U.S. apparently finished with dropping the bomb on Japan (?)
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Oct '12 00:461 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Lets do it with races too! I vote for the Bushmen of Southern Africa as the most peace loving race ever. I bet nobody can name any war started by them nor name any leader or instigator of even the tiniest conflict started by them.
    they sound similar in this respect to the aboriginals of Australia, who were actually a heap of different 'nations' with their own dialects.
    They tell a lot of stories but I haven't heard anything remotely akin to war in their narratives.
    From what I can tell it was just as unexpected and "soul destroying" as the introduction of alcohol to them.
  5. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    11 Oct '12 00:55
    its called - name a war monger.

the rules are simple. atheists can only submit christian leaders who have gone to or supported a war and christians can only submit atheist leaders who have gone to or supported a war. whoever names the most wins. sounds like a fair game to me.

ill start - Pope Urban II - gave his blessings to the crusaders.

atheists 1 christians 0.
    Hi,

Not sure I understand the point of your game.

I think that I can speak for most people here in that war is a very terrible thing.

1. Are you trying to denounce war all together? If so were there any past wars that you view as totally avoidable? Any you see as more important or world changing than others? Any that if a certain country or countries sat out would have had a better or worse outcome?

2. You some how think that Christians started more wars than atheists? It very well could be , but I still miss your point. Does it really matter? War is terrible no matter who started it.

3. You just found another fun way to mock Christians?

Interested in your thoughts.
  6. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    11 Oct '12 01:22
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    Hitler & Joseph Stalin. (Two people worth two points) Hitler and Joseph is debatable if they can be added to this list or not.

Atheists 1 Christians 2.
    except that hitler was a christian. your count is off.
  7. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    11 Oct '12 01:291 edit
    http://www.examiner.com/article/refuting-the-myth-that-hitler-stalin-and-pol-pot-were-atheists-1

Once Stalin was firmly seated in office, he revived the Russian Orthodox Church in order to intensify patriotic support for the war effort. Stalin was part of a council convened to elected a new church Patriarch. Then the Russian theological schools were opened, and thousands of churches began to function. Even the Moscow Theological Academy Seminary was re-opened, after being closed since 1918.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Oct '12 03:551 edit
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    http://www.examiner.com/article/refuting-the-myth-that-hitler-stalin-and-pol-pot-were-atheists-1

Once Stalin was firmly seated in office, he revived the Russian Orthodox Church in order to intensify patriotic support for the war effort. Stalin was part of a council convened to elected a new church Patriarch. Then the Russian theological schools ...[text shortened]... en the Moscow Theological Academy Seminary was re-opened, after being closed since 1918.
    The Lord works in mysterious ways.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Oct '12 04:09

Once Stalin was firmly seated in office, he revived the Russian Orthodox Church in order to intensify patriotic support for the war effort. Stalin was part of a council convened to elected a new church Patriarch. Then the Russian theological schools ...[text shortened]... en the Moscow Theological Academy Seminary was re-opened, after being closed since 1918.
    Other pearls of wisdom to be found on the site:

http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/baby-s-got-back-top-20-celebrity-rear-views?cid=PROG-Slideshow-HomepageFeatured2-StarRears
  10. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    11 Oct '12 04:451 edit
    except that hitler was a christian. your count is off.
    Sure, Hitler must be Christian. Afterall, he lived precisely as Jesus commanded.

Yep. Anyone who has ever claimed to be Christian at any point in their life, has got to be a Christian to the end. No exceptions.

I guess that makes your buddy FMF a Christian as well.

Or, is the title only reserved for people who commit genocide?

I see.

No bias there... not at all. A completely fair and balanced assessment. Well done.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Oct '12 04:55
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Sure, Hitler must be Christian. Afterall, he lived precisely as Jesus commanded.
    Do you think Hitler should be counted as an atheist then?
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Oct '12 05:21
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    they sound similar in this respect to the aboriginals of Australia, who were actually a heap of different 'nations' with their own dialects.
    They tell a lot of stories but I haven't heard anything remotely akin to war in their narratives.
    From what I can tell it was just as unexpected and "soul destroying" as the introduction of alcohol to them.
    In general, war requires resources both to fight over, and to use in the fight. Apart from possibly the Amazon, most places require agriculture to get the necessary resources.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Oct '12 05:24
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Or, is the title only reserved for people who commit genocide?
    No the title is for those who claim to be Christian at the time in question. If Hitler stated that he had converted to Islam prior to world war II then we would all happily accept that he was Muslim at the time of the genocide.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Oct '12 05:50
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No the title is for those who claim to be Christian at the time in question. If Hitler stated that he had converted to Islam prior to world war II then we would all happily accept that he was Muslim at the time of the genocide.
    Maybe so, but if Hitler had claimed to be a Scotsman, he would have been no true one.
  15. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    11 Oct '12 06:43
    i cant, but i was feeling sorry for the christians as they can usually only name two athiests (and one wasnt really and athiest)
    you are pathetic - so much for a fair game right? this only proves why atheists have no good moral values and only think about them self. you should really feel sorry for yourself instead. good luck with your game, you won it from the word go.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree