Let's review 'intolerance'

Let's review 'intolerance'

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Apologist

Moves
24 Mar 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
I thought that was GW. Where did Jesus say such a thing?
Matthew
12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
24 Mar 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Darfius
Do you mean Stephen? He was stoned to death, primarily due to Paul.
Good you got the first one right:
Now for the second : who else seen Christ talking to Saul on the road to Damascus?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
24 Mar 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
I thought that was GW. Where did Jesus say such a thing?
#1, Jesus said that one cannot serve two masters. To say that Jesus said you are either for me or against me would be a rather loose translation of this universal truth. But then again there may be a new translations out there, maybe something like the "Revised Standard Republican Version."

e

Moves
24 Mar 05

Jesus Christ said all those who are not with Him are against Him. 🙁
You claimed me to have obvious disdain for Jesus. As with many of your assertions, you have absolutely no proof of that and in fact it's an untruth but that doesn't stop you from saying as much. Please stop speaking untruths, Darfius. Your Father in Heaven knows your mind better than you do and at this moment it pains Him deeply that you say you are Christian on the one hand and on the other you are quick to judge me wrongly. But it's alright in the end Darfius, I forgive you. I mean that sincerely.

You have so very much to learn. One thing you should reflect on is that a Christian speaks the truth to the best of their ability. You have not done so in this instance. I have nothing further to say to a person who is more content to maintain their own perception of being holier-than-thou than one who honestly seeks truth.

May you have every happiness and be free of every suffering now and always, Darfius.

The Apologist

Moves
24 Mar 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
Good you got the first one right:
Now for the second : who else seen Christ talking to Saul on the road to Damascus?
I don't believe anyone else *saw* Christ, but I believe Paul's brother-in-law and another disciple saw the blinding light and saw Saul go blind.

If they had seen Christ, it would not have been a decision of love to come to Him, but rather no other choice. He only revealed Himself to Paul because He knew Paul was actively seeking the Truth.

The Apologist

Moves
24 Mar 05
1 edit

Originally posted by kirksey957
#1, Jesus said that one cannot serve two masters. To say that Jesus said you are either for me or against me would be a rather loose translation of this universal truth. But then again there may be a new translations out there, maybe something like the "Revised Standard Republican Version."
Matthew
12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

BTW, that's from KJV. The 'no man can serve two masters' is elsewhere in the Gospels.

The Apologist

Moves
24 Mar 05

Originally posted by eagles54
You claimed me to have obvious disdain for Jesus. As with many of your assertions, you have absolutely no proof of that and in fact it's an untruth but that doesn't stop you from saying as much. Please stop speaking untruths, Darfius. Your Father in Heaven knows your mind better than you do and at this moment it pains Him deeply that you say you are Chris ...[text shortened]... s truth.

May you have every happiness and be free of every suffering now and always, Darfius.
I thank you for the well wishes, but God's grace is sufficient for me.

I do not claim to be holier-than-thou. I am a vile sinner worthy of death. I love you dearly. But if I do not speak the truth to the best of my ability, I would be disrespecting you.

If you deny Christ as your Savior, that is you hating Him in His eyes. I mean, why do you think of Him as a 'great teacher'? He said He was God. Is He lying? Crazy? Or telling the truth?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
24 Mar 05

I don't believe anyone else *saw* Christ, but I believe Paul's brother-in-law and another disciple saw the blinding light and saw Saul go blind.

If they had seen Christ, it would not have been a decision of love to come to Him, but rather no other choice. He only revealed Himself to Paul because He knew Paul was actively seeking the Truth.
Is "actively seeking the truth" a euphemisn for killing christians ?

Outside of Paul ,is there any other writer , in the NT that mentions Barnabas?

The Apologist

Moves
24 Mar 05

Is "actively seeking the truth" a euphemisn for killing christians ?

Outside of Paul ,is there any other writer , in the NT that mentions Barnabas?

Paul killed Christians because he thought they were heretics against God, and that is what the OT commanded for bearing false witness. He loved God with all of his heart. And God forgives all when we have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Luke wrote Acts. He speaks of Barnabas in 4:36.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
24 Mar 05
1 edit

Paul killed Christians because he thought they were heretics against God, and that is what the OT commanded for bearing false witness. He loved God with all of his heart. And God forgives all when we have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Luke wrote Acts. He speaks of Barnabas in 4:36.
Luke wrote a Gospel and most likely Acts is true, however Luke wasn't an original Apostleand he isnt mentioned anywhere but in Pauls writing.

Mathew 10:2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon,
who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee,
and John his brother; 10:3 Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and
Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose
surname was Thaddaeus; 10:4 Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot,
who also betrayed him.

other than Paul and Luke , there's no mention of Paul, Luke and Barnabas ,, at least that what my text search shows.
And even Stephen is only wrote about in Acts.

Question 3: Is the Gospel of Luke just his version on what the other's had written? Or, rewrite?

btw publican's were created in a roman empire attempt at privatizing tax collection ,,, that should be a caution sign for the conservatives.

The Apologist

Moves
25 Mar 05

Luke wrote a Gospel and most likely Acts is true, however Luke wasn't an original Apostleand he isnt mentioned anywhere but in Pauls writing.

Mathew 10:2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon,
who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee,
and John his brother; 10:3 Philip, and Bartholomew ...[text shortened]... at privatizing tax collection ,,, that should be a caution sign for the conservatives.
Luke was Paul's 'beloved physician.'

(2 Peter 3:15-18 KJV) "And account that the long-suffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

Luke wrote his version of the Gospels based on what Paul told him happened. Paul saw it all in a vision when he saw Christ.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
25 Mar 05

Luke was Paul's 'beloved physician.'

(2 Peter 3:15-18 KJV) "And account that the long-suffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our [b]beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you
;

Luke wrote his version of the Gospels based on what Paul told him happened. Paul saw it all in a vision when he saw Christ.[/b]
So far so good, now: Did Paul's beloved physician take shorthand , and did the other writers get the story from Paul too?

The Apologist

Moves
25 Mar 05

So far so good, now: Did Paul's beloved physician take shorthand , and did the other writers get the story from Paul too?
I don't understand what you mean by shorthand. By the way, Luke was also an amateur historian, so he checked all the facts Paul told him before writing, as he says.

The apostles got their stories from themselves. Timothy and Titus were disciples of Paul. Jude was Jesus' brother, I believe. James definitely was.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
25 Mar 05

I don't understand what you mean by shorthand. By the way, Luke was also an amateur historian, so he checked all the facts Paul told him before writing, as he says.

The apostles got their stories from themselves. Timothy and Titus were disciples of Paul. Jude was Jesus' brother, I believe. James definitely was.
did anybody other than Barnabus get a revelation attesting to Paul conversion?

The Apologist

Moves
25 Mar 05

did anybody other than Barnabus get a revelation attesting to Paul conversion?
What are you getting at? Quit leading me around my the nose and just tell me, please.