1. Lebanon
    Moves
    12 Feb '06 21:18
    everyone is talking about god in this clan, i guess understanding the story of god needs to be clarified with that part concerning the only angel who refused to obey him and decided that he - GOD - is unfair, crazy, sadic, racial... and chose to fight him.
    Anyone..anyone?
  2. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 04:19
    Originally posted by Diala
    everyone is talking about god in this clan, i guess understanding the story of god needs to be clarified with that part concerning the only angel who refused to obey him and decided that he - GOD - is unfair, crazy, sadic, racial... and chose to fight him.
    Anyone..anyone?
    Satan is the ultimate loser, next to mankind for following him. Satan will get his punishment in the Lake of Fire, and many humans who follow his doctrine: unbelief in Jesus Christ as the Savior will go to Hell, according to the Bible. So, everybody, don't beat the messenger......I'm sure some will lambaste me though....😲
  3. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 04:24
    Originally posted by chancremechanic
    Satan is the ultimate loser, next to mankind for following him. Satan will get his punishment in the Lake of Fire, and many humans who follow his doctrine: unbelief in Jesus Christ as the Savior will go to Hell, according to the Bible. So, everybody, don't beat the messenger......I'm sure some will lambaste me though....😲
    (chuckle chuckle)

Chancre: - Look, I'm only a messenger, you can torture me all you want.

Infidels: Torture you? That's good, that's a good idea, I like that one.
  4. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 04:34
    Originally posted by Diala
    Anyone..anyone?
    Might want to check out these threads--

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=35779&page=1

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=34554&page=4

BTW, Biblically, "Lucifer" and Satan are not the same person.
  5. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 07:53
    Originally posted by vistesd
    BTW, Biblically, "Lucifer" and Satan are not the same person.[/b]
    Why is that? Have you got any prove?
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 08:231 edit
    Originally posted by Nicolaas
    Why is that? Have you got any prove?
    I guess you can't be bothered to read Vistesd's excellent post in http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=34554&page=4
  7. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 08:32
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I guess you can't be bothered to read Vistesd's excellent post in http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=34554&page=4
    I read it, it is quite interresting but according to what he wrote there was - "Lucifer (or “day star” ) appears in the Tanach once, but I do not think it refers to Satan."...says to me that this is his way of thinking, which he has the right to, but that is no prove to me.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 09:32
    I read it, it is quite interresting but according to what he wrote there was - "Lucifer (or “day star” ) appears in the Tanach once, but I do not think it refers to Satan."...says to me that this is his way of thinking, which he has the right to, but that is no prove to me.
    Maybe you should try to understand his reasoning rather than simply holding your breath till you turn blue.
  9. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 10:07
    Maybe you should try to understand his reasoning rather than simply holding your breath till you turn blue.
    I do understand what he said, but there is no prove, its just his point of view.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 10:161 edit
    I do understand what he said, but there is no prove, its just his point of view.
    Is that how you discuss things all the time? Someone presents a well reasoned hypothesis based on actual evidence i.e. the Hebrew wording, its place in the Bible, etc. etc. and you respond "that's not prove"? Ignorance is really bliss for some people.
  11. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 10:28
    Is that how you discuss things all the time? Someone presents a well reasoned hypothesis based on actual evidence i.e. the Hebrew wording, its place in the Bible, etc. etc. and you respond "that's not prove"? Ignorance is really bliss for some people.
    I totally agree with "Ignorance is really bliss for some people" 😉
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 11:10
    Originally posted by chancremechanic
    My understanding was that Satan had already recieved his punishment and that he was not the only angel to be sent to hell.

I also disagree with your statement that "unbelief in Jesus Christ as the Savior will go to Hell". There have been many threads on this forum discussing that and there is cirtainly not a consensus even amoung Christians.
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 11:43
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    My understanding was that Satan had already recieved his punishment and that he was not the only angel to be sent to hell.

I also disagree with your statement that "unbelief in Jesus Christ as the Savior will go to Hell". There have been many threads on this forum discussing that and there is cirtainly not a consensus even amoung Christians.
    So now truth is a consensual matter, eh? If everyone doesn't agree with 32 fps for gravity, should we repeal the same?
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 13:07
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    So now truth is a consensual matter, eh? If everyone doesn't agree with 32 fps for gravity, should we repeal the same?
    At no point did I state or imply that truth was a consensual matter. However neither do I believe that there is much truth in the Bible.
  15. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 15:11
    I was too equivocal. I should have said: there is only one reference to Lucifer, in a passage that clearly refers to the King of Babylon, as part of the "Song of Scorn" that runs from verses 4 through 21. There is absolutely no Biblical basis for conflating Lucifer and the Shatan. But people can make that up if they want to. (That one's a hard one to turn into midrash, though--I tried.)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree