1. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 21:28
    I am watching a tv series and someone mentioned that child molesters go to a special hell. This reminded me of comments made by sonship about really evil people getting served justice after death.
    How many people here who believe in hell, believe that there are different levels of torture depending on how bad a person you were.
    Will I get a lower temperature than Hitler, or will it be all the same?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 21:331 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I am watching a tv series and someone mentioned that child molesters go to a special hell. This reminded me of comments made by sonship about really evil people getting served justice after death.
    How many people here who believe in hell, believe that there are different levels of torture depending on how bad a person you were.
    The Catholics love this sort of thing, so does sonship who once said something along the lines of "gods justice (of eternal hell) helps him forgive those who mistreat him". (Quotation marks are there for reference only).
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 21:51
    As far as I am aware Islam has a special place for Jews and Christians.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 23:04
    Are you reffering to the nine circles of hell at all?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 23:13

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 23:32
    It must be a special kind of fire and the people must be made of some kind of asbestos?
    Any fire I have ever seen "consumes" what is in it.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 23:58
    You will be doomed to RHP Spirituality forums for all of eternity.

Mwhahahahaha!!!
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 04:41
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Isn't that from Dante's "Inferno"?
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 04:51
    According to Dante you will probably go to Limbo, the outermost circleof Hell.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inferno_(Dante)

In Limbo reside the unbaptized and the virtuous pagans, who, although not sinful, did not accept Christ. Limbo shares many characteristics with the Asphodel Meadows; thus, the guiltless damned are punished by living in a deficient form of Heaven. Without baptism ("the portal of the faith that you embrace"😉[7] they lacked the hope for something greater than rational minds can conceive. Limbo includes green fields and a castle with seven gates to represent the seven virtues. The castle is the dwelling place of the wisest men of antiquity, including Virgil himself, as well as the Persian polymath Avicenna. In the castle Dante meets the poets Homer, Horace, Ovid, and Lucan. In the castle's gardens are the Amazon queen Penthesilea; the mathematician Euclid; the scientist Pedanius Dioscorides; the statesman Cicero; the first doctor Hippocrates; the philosophers Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, and Averroes; the historical figures Lucretia, Lucius Junius Brutus, and Julius Caesar in his role as Roman general ("in his armor, falcon-eyed"😉;[8] mythological characters Hector, Electra, Camilla, Latinus, and Orpheus; and many others. Interestingly, he also sees Saladin in Limbo (Canto IV). Dante implies that all virtuous non-Christians find themselves here, although he later encounters two (Cato of Utica and Statius) in Purgatory and two (Trajan and Ripheus) in Heaven.

When Dante asked if anyone has ever left Limbo, Virgil states that he saw Jesus visit it once, when he took Noah, Moses, Abraham, David, and Rachel (see Limbo of the Patriarchs) into his all-forgiving arms and transported them to Heaven as part of his Harrowing of Hell.

Beyond the first circle, all of those condemned for active, deliberately willed sin are judged to one of the lower eight circles by the serpentine Minos. Minos initially hinders the poets' passage, until rebuked by Virgil. Minos sentences each soul by wrapping his tail around himself a corresponding number of times. The lower circles are structured according to the classical (Aristotelian) conception of virtue and vice, so that they are grouped into the sins of incontinence, violence, and fraud. The sins of incontinence – weakness in controlling one's desires and natural urges – are the mildest among them, and, correspondingly, appear first, while the sins of violence and fraud appear lower down.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 06:12
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Isn't that from Dante's "Inferno"?
    that's the only reference I've heard to "levels" of hell
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 06:37
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    It must be a special kind of fire and the people must be made of some kind of asbestos?
    Any fire I have ever seen "consumes" what is in it.
    Its not a special kind of fire, it's a special kind of twisted religious morality.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 06:521 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I am merely asking whether or not there is a different amount of punishment depending on what sins you have committed during your life. It seems to me that most Christians preach two very conflicting messages:
    1. There will be a last judgement at which all your sins will be tallied up and you will be punished accordingly.
    2. Those that believe, get off scot free, those that do not believe go to hell for eternal torture.

So far, not a single theist that believes in hell has given an answer to the question.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 07:11
    I am merely asking whether or not there is a different amount of punishment depending on what sins you have committed during your life. It seems to me that most Christians preach two very conflicting messages:
    1. There will be a last judgement at which all your sins will be tallied up and you will be punished accordingly.
    2. Those that believe, get off ...[text shortened]... rture.

So far, not a single theist that believes in hell has given an answer to the question.
    A flat Earth would suggest a flat hell.

It therefore logically follows that hell is a subterranean bungalow.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 07:31
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    As far as I am aware Islam has a special place for Jews and Christians.
    But what Christians?
    True Christians?

It would be most amusing after a lifetime of berating others for not
    being a "True Christian" to face Allah and say "Oh ... I was never
    a true Christian .. honest!" ... Oh the irony .... 😉

Of course that won't happen because Islam is a false religion.

Like all the others.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 07:36
    Yep.
    Adolf gets 25C while you get -10C without a blanket.
    😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree