1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 08:20
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I am merely asking whether or not there is a different amount of punishment depending on what sins you have committed during your life. It seems to me that most Christians preach two very conflicting messages:
    1. There will be a last judgement at which all your sins will be tallied up and you will be punished accordingly.
    2. Those that believe, get off ...[text shortened]... rture.

So far, not a single theist that believes in hell has given an answer to the question.
    I'm an "annihilationist", but as I understand it, sin is sin. The major point is if one is repentant or not.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 08:24
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I'm an "annihilationist", but as I understand it, sin is sin. The major point is if one is repentant or not.
    So you believe that if I am bad during my life, it doesn't really matter how bad. My annihilation will be no different from Hitler's, and if Hitler was repentant, he gets to live and I don't?
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 08:25
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Yep.
    Adolf gets 25C while you get -10C without a blanket.
    😉
    When hell freezes over!
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 21:38
    I am merely asking whether or not there is a different amount of punishment depending on what sins you have committed during your life. It seems to me that most Christians preach two very conflicting messages:
    1. There will be a last judgement at which all your sins will be tallied up and you will be punished accordingly.
    2. Those that believe, get off ...[text shortened]... rture.

So far, not a single theist that believes in hell has given an answer to the question.
    To me , analyzing your post, would seem that it is begininng to look more and more bogus(the idea of hell)
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 21:42
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    But what Christians?
    True Christians?

It would be most amusing after a lifetime of berating others for not
    being a "True Christian" to face Allah and say "Oh ... I was never
    a true Christian .. honest!" ... Oh the irony .... 😉

Of course that won't happen because Islam is a false religion.

Like all the others.
    The only true religion is your own. Like the bums who go on talking to themselves in public and the like.

Mind you this also applies to wealthy "lost" people (scientologists come to mind) who go about rattling their brains of how to fit a square peg in a round hole
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 23:47
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Its not a special kind of fire, it's a special kind of twisted religious morality.
    It's Greek Mythology which was very popular at the time of the 1st Century church.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Apr '16 06:17
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    It's Greek Mythology which was very popular at the time of the 1st Century church.
    What is Greek mythology, the so called Christian idea of hell?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Apr '16 12:31
    What is Greek mythology, the so called Christian idea of hell?
    All this about an eternal hell was introduced from Greek Mythology. They believed in "Tartarus", a place in hell where gods, people were kept.

http://www.greekmythology.com/Other_Gods/Tartarus/tartarus.html
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Apr '16 12:45
    You are not a very well-read person. The Jewish writings and literature found in the Dead Sea area gives a pretty good idea what they believed at the time pertaining to hell and the afterlife. It has nothing to do with Greek anything.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Apr '16 13:231 edit
    So you believe that if I am bad during my life, it doesn't really matter how bad. My annihilation will be no different from Hitler's, and if Hitler was repentant, he gets to live and I don't?
    I am not God. Only God knows a man's heart, be it Hitler's or even yours.

Besides, I didn't know there were degrees of annihilation.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Apr '16 13:46
    All this about an eternal hell was introduced from Greek Mythology. They believed in "Tartarus", a place in hell where gods, people were kept.

http://www.greekmythology.com/Other_Gods/Tartarus/tartarus.html
    I'm sure sonship will disagree with you.
    At length.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Apr '16 14:19
    I'm sure sonship will disagree with you.
    At length.
    And then some...😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree