1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Jun '09 03:46
    i have a friend who claims not to lie. However i like to point out to her that she also don't speak up to close friends and family about 'truths' she has witnessed.
    Any ideas?
  2. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    07 Jun '09 13:26
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    i have a friend who claims not to lie. However i like to point out to her that she also don't speak up to close friends and family about 'truths' she has witnessed.
    Any ideas?
    thats not lying. Its discretion . 🙂
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Jun '09 13:352 edits
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    thats not lying. Its discretion . 🙂
    Yeah but when it goes on and on its withholding truth so in a way it could be considered lieing
    maybe not lieing but ...
    Well anyway the truth is not coming to the table in these relationships😀
  4. At the Revolution
    Moves
    07 Jun '09 23:26
    Yeah but when it goes on and on its withholding truth so in a way it could be considered lieing
    maybe not lieing but ...
    Well anyway the truth is not coming to the table in these relationships😀
    I don't believe it's considered lying. At least, not by the courts who make witnesses tell "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth."
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Jun '09 11:33
    Any ideas?
    Its called 'half truths'.

Depending on how you go about withholding the truth it can be a deliberate deception - and thus might fall under the term 'lie'. However if your aim is merely to say that she is wrong to withhold the truth, you could say that without needing to accuse her of lying. Never telling a lie does not make a person righteous.
  6. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Jun '09 13:31
    I don't consider that lying, at least not on the surface of it.

It can't be lying if she's not uttering the words, regardless of how you'd like to be judging it.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 06:18
    Originally posted by Badwater
    I don't consider that lying, at least not on the surface of it.

It can't be lying if she's not uttering the words, regardless of how you'd like to be judging it.
    don't misundrstand,i'm not judging her , it just came up while talking and i though it would be an interesting post
  8. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    10 Jun '09 02:19
    Any ideas?
    The definition of the word "lie" makes her a liar, to herself and to others.
    Also, the definition of the word "spin" makes that a lie.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree