1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Aug '14 20:09
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    And there is a Spaghetti Monster?
    No. That is not truth. Neither is it 100% certifiably false.

Just the same as your god.
  2. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Aug '14 21:121 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    No. That is not truth
    Isn't that apostasy?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Aug '14 07:14
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    You are trying to redefine "truth" to fit in with your superstitions.

Saying "truth" is a living being is nonsense.

Truth is the world is not flat, fairies do not exist and I am having roast lamb this evening.
    "You are trying to redefine "truth" to fit in with your superstitions."

You mean like your next statement? How am I trying to redefine truth? That's impossible! One can try I suppose, but truth is immutable, so how can I or anyone else redefine it? You're merely projecting your bias because, beyond the elementals, such as your bottom statement you don't know any truth as it pertains to God, who is living truth. Call it superstitious all you like, but it sounds more like you're the one that's superstitious, believing superstitious lies about what the truth is!

Think about that one sometime.

"Saying "truth" is a living being is nonsense."

No it is not! Hear this just once. Truth, it could be said, is knowledge. Knowledge is of what exists. What exists is known or it wouldn't exist.

Think about that for a moment. I'd like to hear your reply.

"Truth is the world is not flat, fairies do not exist and I am having roast lamb this evening."

Everyone knows that, except that lamb I mean. There's no shortage of people that believe untruth, whether believer's in one thing or another.
  4. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Aug '14 09:11
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"You are trying to redefine "truth" to fit in with your superstitions."

You mean like your next statement? How am I trying to redefine truth? That's impossible! One can try I suppose, but truth is immutable, so how can I or anyone else redefine it? You're merely projecting your bias because, beyond the elementals, such as your bottom statement you ...[text shortened]... There's no shortage of people that believe untruth, whether believer's in one thing or another.[/b]
    You're really talking about two different things as though they're one and the same. It's as if I were to use the word colour both in the sense of lightwaves hitting the retina and in the sense of political ideology colouring people's social perceptions, and act as though I'm talking about the same thing in both cases. Truth as in accurate (my eyes are blue) and truth as a living being are miles apart in their meanings. You don't get from using the word in one sense to another simply by positing that truth is knowledge (which incidently is not an accurate definition of the word truth).
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Aug '14 10:30
    Originally posted by C Hess
    You're really talking about two different things as though they're one and the same. It's as if I were to use the word colour both in the sense of lightwaves hitting the retina and in the sense of political ideology colouring people's social perceptions, and act as though I'm talking about the same thing in both cases. Truth as in accurate (my eyes are blue) ...[text shortened]... ting that truth is knowledge (which incidently is not an accurate definition of the word truth).
    Thing is, you're right in the sense in which you're defining the use of the term truth, but I'm talking about its spiritual application.

Of course you'll take exception to that as well seeing as you don't know God, or more precisely, don't believe there is a God, which is essentially the same thing.

Jesus said He is the truth. I believe it. You don't. So then you'll say that truth as it is personified in a living being is ridiculous.

Sounds a lot like a closed mind to me. Just sayin'.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Aug '14 21:46
    Thing is, you're right in the sense in which you're defining the use of the term truth, but I'm talking about its spiritual application.

Of course you'll take exception to that as well seeing as you don't know God, or more precisely, don't believe there is a God, which is essentially the same thing.

Jesus said He is the truth. I believe it. You don't. ...[text shortened]... onified in a living being is ridiculous.

The is a huge difference between closed mind and simply not believing something. You want us to be programmed into your religion, and if we don't accept that programming, then, according to you, we have closed minds.

How bout the part where YOU might be the one being duped, you and a few billion other folk? I bet you can't open your mind for THAT thought, can you?

Sounds like a closed mind to me.
  7. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    25 Aug '14 23:52

Jesus said He is the truth. I believe it. You don't. ...[text shortened]... onified in a living being is ridiculous.

The problem I have with this is that you are talking about the truth as if it was some sort of material thing. One has to have some sort of statement, that statement is either the truth or not. Truth can't be abstracted away from a sentence. It's not some blue blob floating around.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Aug '14 00:26
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The is a huge difference between closed mind and simply not believing something. You want us to be programmed into your religion, and if we don't accept that programming, then, according to you, we have closed minds.

How bout the part where YOU might be the one being duped, you and a few billion other folk? I bet you can't open your mind for THAT thought, can you?

You have been duped by the evolution fairy tale.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Aug '14 00:27
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    The problem I have with this is that you are talking about the truth as if it was some sort of material thing. One has to have some sort of statement, that statement is either the truth or not. Truth can't be abstracted away from a sentence. It's not some blue blob floating around.
    Creation by God is the truth.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Aug '14 01:02
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You have been duped by the evolution fairy tale.
    Your mind is closed and always will be. I feel sorry for what is left of your brain.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Aug '14 04:49
    Your mind is closed and always will be. I feel sorry for what is left of your brain.
    I am believing that God will restore my brain to a much better state when He resurrects the rest of my body from the grave.

HalleluYah !!! Prasie the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Aug '14 05:28

You just jumped ship and shifted the topic of discussion. It's called obfuscation. You completely derailed my point by misapplying the meaning of what I said to your own idealogical perspective.

Your religion has you blindsided.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Aug '14 05:42
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    The problem I have with this is that you are talking about the truth as if it was some sort of material thing.
    I don't know how you can say that. Truth is everything that's true, as apposed to the misrepresentation of the truth of everything with a lie.

The concept that "God is truth" isn't material at all. It's a spiritual truth concerning the nature and attribute of who God is. As best as I can understand it.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Aug '14 08:191 edit
    You just jumped ship and shifted the topic of discussion. It's called obfuscation. You completely derailed my point by misapplying the meaning of what I said to your own idealogical perspective.

Your religion has you blindsided.
    MY religion? That old rube again? I have lack of religion, I want freedom FROM religion. I don't have a church of agnostics or atheists I attend, we don't spend millions on a building or build up huge networks of idiots giving stupid talks.

I want to live on a planet where there is no religion based on a common lack of belief where the people there KNOW the harm religion does to people.

The scourge of religion is an indictment of the insecurity and basic lack of intelligence and the sheep like quality of the human race.

You give up your right to think for yourself in religion. You either believe the Earth was created 6K years ago or you get thrown out of that clik.

If you are Islam and want to leave, they kill you.

500 years ago, Christians were burned at the stake by other christians.

The thing is, you feel Christianity is ever so much more mellow now but Christians are killing Muslims as we speak so just how mellow is that? Religion can turn ugly really fast, there is no guarantee your mellow religion will stay that way.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Aug '14 16:34
    MY religion? That old rube again? I have lack of religion, I want freedom FROM religion. I don't have a church of agnostics or atheists I attend, we don't spend millions on a building or build up huge networks of idiots giving stupid talks.

I want to live on a planet where there is no religion based on a common lack of belief where the people there KNOW ...[text shortened]... ligion can turn ugly really fast, there is no guarantee your mellow religion will stay that way.
    I used the word "religion" as a metaphor for your own specific world view of atheistic doctrine. You aren't going to deny you hold a world view that is based in some kind of belief system are you?

I've told you this before, that religion is the bane of the planet and human civilization as it is reflected in the culture, history, politics, psychology and everything else known to man as regards man's conduct and behavior.

Can you imagine killing in the name of God? Yes, I know, now you're going to go off on how God ordered the mass killing of untold numbers of innocent people!

Thing is though sonhouse, there isn't any God after all, so the claim made by the Jews that God told them to kill the inhabitants of the land promised by a nonexistent God is just more religious zealotry.

On the other hand, if the Biblical narrative is true, and the God of the Bible is the only true and living God, anyone that pits themselves against the truth is in for a rude and severe awakening.

The Bible describes God as infinitely just. His judgements are final. If this is true, who can question God's actions?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree