1. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '14 19:341 edit
    I was thinking about that and realised that whenever a baby is conceived that's a new life created. What will become incredibly complex if nothing goes horribly wrong, was created through a process that required no intelligence at all really. Why do religious people insist then, that an intelligence is required to create life?

(This is possibly the dumbest thread I've created yet, but my happy fingers couldn't resist.)
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Aug '14 19:441 edit
    Originally posted by C Hess
    I was thinking about that and realised that whenever a baby is conceived that's a new life created. What will become incredibly complex if nothing goes horribly wrong, was created through a process that required no intelligence at all really. Why do religious people insist then, that an intelligence is required to create life?

(This is possibly the dumbest thread I've created yet, but my happy fingers couldn't resist.)
    That is not life from non life, its life to life great C Hess, never the less when one examines even a single cell there is intelligence, harmony, design and purpose, a set of plans, a blueprint from the architect of life himself, Jehovah the father of the celestial lights. Does harmony arise from chaos? design by chance? We the poet theologians of the universe think it irrational and illogical to assume so.
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    17 Aug '14 19:47

And yet, intelligence is not required to create a new thread. 😉
  4. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '14 19:49
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Ha ha ha ha! Thanks, I needed a good laugh. 😀
  5. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '14 19:57
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    We the poet theologians of the universe think it irrational and illogical to assume so.
    Poet theologians, eh? Maybe in your case, mighty master of the zen way. 🙂
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Aug '14 20:26
    Poet theologians, eh? Maybe in your case, mighty master of the zen way. 🙂
    Zen again, maybe not🙂
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Aug '14 00:06

To even suggest that there is no intelligence involved in the creating of a baby is pretty dumb.
  8. Standard memberKellyJayonline
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Aug '14 10:19

A process that required no intelligence at all!? Seriously, how would you
    know? A process that came from nothing that was able to produce a life
    that complex is quite a leap of faith on your part. You trolling?
    Kelly
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '14 11:02
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    He single handedly proved his own thread. 😲
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '14 11:03

Never mind life, I would like you to tell me where nonlife came from.
  11. Standard memberKellyJayonline
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Aug '14 11:07
    Originally posted by whodey
    🙂
    KJ
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Aug '14 13:34
    Originally posted by whodey
    Nobody knows. And wild guesses by theists are not more plausible just because atheists lack an answer.
  13. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '14 14:141 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    To even suggest that there is no intelligence involved in the creating of a baby is pretty dumb.
    I understand that from your perspective as a creationist, making a baby was no doubt on
    par with a class in advanced physics (uh, it goes where you say), but to most people it's
    more a matter of passion and irresistable urges than an intellectual challenge, making
    babies. 😛

I'd say it takes slightly more intelligence to not make babies.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 17:53
    Why do religious people insist then, that an intelligence is required to create life?
    Because, C Hess, the one and only authority on the subject of how life began is God, and He tells us how He did it right there in the only reliable source for knowing how life began, the Word of God, which is contained in a book we call the Bible.

🙂
  15. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 18:412 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    Because, C Hess, the one and only authority on the subject of how life began is God, and He tells us how He did it right there in the only reliable source for knowing how life began, the Word of God, which is contained in a book we call the Bible.

🙂
    Yeah, I'd say that's a solid all right. I mean that book is a straight line between god's thoughts and your mind, is what that is. No interference whatsoever. Nope.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree