Logical God?

Logical God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
02 Mar 07

Originally posted by whodey
The difference between you and I is that I believe and search for revelations in terms of difficult questions I may not know. You, on the other hand, reject what you do not know and seek no further explanation as to what may not make sense to you. The proverb, "Seek and ye shall find" I think applies in this regard. Only those who seek to understand will f ...[text shortened]... o understand. You only embrace what you can understand which I find to be very self limiting.
The difference between you and I is that I believe and search for revelations in terms of difficult questions I may not know.

No, the difference is that you insist that all answers must be found within Christian teachings. I don't.

You, on the other hand, reject what you do not know and seek no further explanation as to what may not make sense to you.

Hilarious. In this debate, you were forced to admit that you have no explanation for why God killed many of the people he did, and you're perfectly content with that. You're in no position to criticize anyone in this regard.

Only those who seek to understand will find answers, not the ones who blindly accept that there are no answers and do not seek them.

Since you can't offer any answers, I must conclude you're part of the latter group.

If we are honest with ourselves, we will conceede that we understand very little.

You'll rarely catch a Christian conceding that. The real meaning of your sentence is, "all you heathens should concede that you understand very little."

You only embrace what you can understand which I find to be very self limiting.

I allow more latitude for issues like the existence of God. All it would take is for me to believe that it was more likely that God exists than not, and I would be a theist.

e
Eye rival to Saurons

Land of 64 Squares

Moves
02 Mar 07

Originally posted by scottishinnz
Pick and choose one that you like then? Doesn't mean it's right though, or that any of them are right. In fact, by choosing one, you are denying all others, on what seems a pretty flimsy basis.
You pick the religion which makes the most sense to you. Is that flimsy?

The choices we make are the ones we think that make the most sense, is that flimsy? We deny all the other choices when we make a choice, is that being to flimsy?

Catholicism has a fair amount of evidence for me to think that it is the true religion. That doesn't make it factually correct that it is the correct religion but it makes the most sense to me so I will practice it. I am not going to not practice my religion on the chance I could be wrong when I think it is the true religion.

What are you specifically calling a "flimsy basis?"

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
02 Mar 07

Originally posted by eagleeye222001
You pick the religion which makes the most sense to you. Is that flimsy?

The choices we make are the ones we think that make the most sense, is that flimsy? We deny all the other choices when we make a choice, is that being to flimsy?

Catholicism has a fair amount of evidence for me to think that it is the true religion. That doesn't make it ...[text shortened]... when I think it is the true religion.

What are you specifically calling a "flimsy basis?"
So Whodey criticises me foe being "narrow minded" because I don't follow a religion which, in his words, could open up so much truth to my eyes.

Obviously, then, it's important to get the religion right! I mean, if Catholicism is "right" but I choose Hinduism, well, I'll have rejected the true religion and will be looking at it with skewed eyes. That'll never do.

Now, you tell me that "it doesn't matter if it's factually correct". Which is it to be? Should I be rigorous and get it right, or just submit to the first Charlatan that comes to my door.

You Christians could really do to make up your minds.

w

Moves
03 Mar 07
1 edit

Originally posted by scottishinnz
So Whodey criticises me foe being "narrow minded" because I don't follow a religion which, in his words, could open up so much truth to my eyes.

Obviously, then, it's important to get the religion right! I mean, if Catholicism is "right" but I choose Hinduism, well, I'll have rejected the true religion and will be looking at it with skewed eyes. Th atan that comes to my door.

You Christians could really do to make up your minds.
We all have various beliefs. Some even think that all religions are a path to God. However, what I am talking about are having beliefs that you cannot logically prove. That is all I am saying. If there be a God, that God is greater than you and I in terms of intellectual capacity, thus it is only logical to me that such a God MUST appear illogical at times in terms of my finite logic trying to understand him.