London Olympic Ceremony

London Olympic Ceremony

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
03 Aug 12

Originally posted by FMF
You mentioned "nationalism" and "national anthems". Do you think that by quoting the Paul Simon lyrics you are communicating a point of view on "nationalism" and "national anthems"?
The Simon lyrics mean different things to different people, it is therefore impossible to
state with any certainty what the perception of others is likely to be. They are what
you make them.

F

Moves
03 Aug 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
The Simon lyrics mean different things to different people, it is therefore impossible to
state with any certainty what the perception of others is likely to be. They are what
you make them.
I am not asking what Simon meant. I am asking what you meant by citing them. Do you think that by quoting them you are communicating a point of view on "nationalism" and "national anthems"?

rc

Moves
03 Aug 12

Originally posted by FMF
I am not asking what Simon meant. I am asking what you meant by citing them. Do you think that by quoting them you are communicating a point of view on "nationalism" and "national anthems"?
I know you are and as I stated, its entirely up to you what you make of them. End of.

F

Moves
03 Aug 12

I know you are and as I stated, its entirely up to you what you make of them. End of.
Yes, I know full well that it's up to me what I make of the lyrics. I am not asking about that. I am asking you what you meant by them. JS357 suggested that you were perhaps using the lyric to critcize "worship of mammon". Is he right about that?

rc

Moves
03 Aug 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Yes, I know full well that it's up to me what I make of the lyrics. I am not asking about that. I am asking you what you meant by them. JS357 suggested that you were perhaps using the lyric to critcize "worship of mammon". Is he right about that?
It was an abstract thought, as i have already explained, which seemed good enough for
JS357, but then again, he is not seeking to extract a definition or an explanation where
none exists, is he.

F

Moves
03 Aug 12

It was an abstract thought, as i have already explained, which seemed good enough for
JS357, but then again, he is not seeking to extract a definition or an explanation where
none exists, is he.
No explanation of what you meant exists?

Moves
04 Aug 12

As i stated both yours and his posts are a reflection not of me, but of you.
You love the attention your deflection brings don't you? This thread has been a bit of revelation for me; every post you make I now see you preening with vanity at how you are the centre of attention.

Your slightly pathetic bleating that it's "not about you" (which we have been hearing in several threads now), seems more like a soothing response to your own troubled conscience than a serious attempt at highlighting projection in others.

F

Moves
04 Aug 12

Originally posted by divegeester
You love the attention your deflection brings don't you?
I wonder if robbie's assertion that his explanation about the Simon lyric does not exist is a "self-certified" non-existence, or if it is "certified" in some sort of external way that does exist?