1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jul '12 07:10
    I don't think the Brits should make their Queen parachute in like that. What do you say?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jul '12 07:22
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I don't think the Brits should make their Queen parachute in like that. What do you say?
    We don't care what anyone else thinks; it's part of what makes us "Great".
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    28 Jul '12 08:51
    I wouldn't normally post in an RJH thread, but the opening ceremony was brilliant. How drunk was Danny Boyle when he came up with that?
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jul '12 12:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Can I assume you knew it was an actor?
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Jul '12 13:15
    it blew me away. i even got a lump in my throat at a few points, but im blaming the all day drinking for that.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jul '12 13:27
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I know James Bond was played by an actor. They never said the Queen was played by an actor. If so, she looks exactly like the Queen.
  7. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    28 Jul '12 13:29
    IDK but accept australia to do well better than the americans anyway lol
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jul '12 13:36
    Originally posted by tim88
    IDK but accept australia to do well better than the americans anyway lol
    That is indeed lol. 😀
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    28 Jul '12 15:13
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You could if you wanted to be a spoilsport🙁
  10. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    28 Jul '12 15:25
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    it blew me away. i even got a lump in my throat at a few points, but im blaming the all day drinking for that.
    Did you have to swallow them lumps again, did they taste of nostalgia or carrots.

Brought back some good memories, and I liked the multi cultural aspects.
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Jul '12 18:50
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Did you have to swallow them lumps again, did they taste of nostalgia or carrots.

Brought back some good memories, and I liked the multi cultural aspects.
    the lumps in my throat squeezed up and out of my eyes as some sort of liquid, ive never experienced this before, it was a strange sensation.
  12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    28 Jul '12 19:12
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    the lumps in my throat squeezed up and out of my eyes as some sort of liquid, ive never experienced this before, it was a strange sensation.
    How ironic, there you are enjoying a celebration of Britishness and you have an attack of 'johnny foreigner' syndrome, or 'wet eye', as it is sometimes known.

Best advice is to stay drunk until it passes, or complain bitterly about bloody hay fever. and how you suspect it is caused by imported crops like rapeseed.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jul '12 20:03
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    How ironic, there you are enjoying a celebration of Britishness and you have an attack of 'johnny foreigner' syndrome, or 'wet eye', as it is sometimes known.

Best advice is to stay drunk until it passes, or complain bitterly about bloody hay fever. and how you suspect it is caused by imported crops like rapeseed.
    I wish they had more of Mr. Bean, so I could laugh at the British.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jul '12 23:13
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    I wouldn't normally post in an RJH thread, but the opening ceremony was brilliant. How drunk was Danny Boyle when he came up with that?
    I missed the first 25mins which I heard was the best. The kids secton with the NHS, Mary Poppins etc all were great, but I got really bored during the 2 hour parade and the Monkey's/Macca finalle was a bit poor if I'm honest. Overall itwas very entertaining but I can't help thinking a bit of a waste of money n some ways.
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Jul '12 10:43
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I missed the first 25mins which I heard was the best. The kids secton with the NHS, Mary Poppins etc all were great, but I got really bored during the 2 hour parade and the Monkey's/Macca finalle was a bit poor if I'm honest. Overall itwas very entertaining but I can't help thinking a bit of a waste of money n some ways.
    the beginning was by far the best bit. its on the bbc iplayer. i liked that it avoided the middle class view of britain and seemed very down to earth, but spectacular at the same time. macca bit was pretty bad. they should have finished with the arctic monkeys they seemed to fit in with the vibe better.
    i think i liked it so much because i do spend most of my time bitching and complaining about britain, it was nice to be reminded of all the awesome things weve given the world.
    i tried not to think of the money spent. it was hard not to though during the nhs section.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree