1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 01:331 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well there is a lot but here's a few for consideration.

Understanding who the "Great Crowd" who the "Little Flock" and the 144,000 are.
    Knowing what "Hell" is and isn't.
    Knowing who goes there.
    Knowing what the "Lake of Fire" is and isn't.
    Understanding what all the wild beast in the Bible are and what they represent.
    Knowing what "Babylon

A small example and I could go on and on but this page isn't long enough.
    This is according to the Watchtower Society, I suppose? I know about
    their weird interpretation of the 144,000. They haven't done too well
    on knowing when the "signs af the last days" will happen.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 01:34
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    This is acording to the Watchtower Society, I suppose? I know about
    their weird interpretation of the 144,000. They haven't done too well
    on knowing when the "signs af the last days" will happen.
    But we're way beyond you....
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 01:42
    But we're way beyond you....
    You think??? 😉
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 01:45
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You think??? 😉
    The bible proves it, I don't have to.... Just for the fact you faught in war and no doubt killed other humans.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 20:10
    No cult here with the JW's or I wouldn't belong to it but for sure an organization just as Matt 24:14, 28:19,20. Luke 8:1, 9:1-6 10:1-16. Heb 10:24,25' 13:17. 1Cor 1:10, 14:33,40. 1Pet 2:9, 17.
    These and many more scriptures shows that God is very organized and has always been that way with his people.
    God being "organised" (your word not mine) has absolutely nothing to do with "organised religion" or christianity based cults. Which are based on extorting and controling their members.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 20:13
    Lone wolf Christians?
    Spiritual loneliness has nothing to do with wolves.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 21:34
    Originally posted by divegeester
    God being "organised" (your word not mine) has absolutely nothing to do with "organised religion" or christianity based cults. Which are based on extorting and controling their members.
    Perhaps you didn't read the scriptures I posted? God has always been very organized with his people both in the past and in the present. Just go look at the Isrealites and the laws and rules and they way the different tribes were told to work with each other. Then you go to the congrgations and the way Jesus organized them when he was on earth and then followed up by the Apostles.
    So no God does not deal with lone wolfs especially with the world wide work that this son started that's clearly explained in the 24th and 28th chapters of Matthew.
    And then ignoring the previous scriptures that I doubt your read clearly explains the congregations and the importance to be a part of them.
    If you don't agree with these scriptures that's not my problem but don't say it's not important as that is not what the Bible says.
    If your having some voice tell you it's not then it's certainly not God's voice your hearing.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 22:46
    Perhaps you didn't read the scriptures I posted?
    Perhaps you didn't read my reply...
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 22:58
    Perhaps you didn't read my reply...
    Yes and that's why I replyed to yours unless your post about wolves. You do know what the term lone wolf means don't you?
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 23:041 edit
    Organization of the Christian Congregation
    From the time of Moses onward, the Jewish nation was in a unique position—it served as the congregation of God. That congregation was highly organized by God under older men, heads, judges, and officers. (Josh. 23:1, 2) But the Jewish nation lost its privileged position because it rejected Jehovah’s Son. (Matt. 21:42, 43; 23:37, 38; Acts 4:24-28) On Pentecost 33 C.E., the Christian congregation of God replaced the congregation of Israel. How was this Christian congregation organized?
    Already on the day of Pentecost, the disciples were “devoting themselves to the teaching of the apostles,” indicating that they began with a unity based on teaching. From that first day, they met together “with one accord.” (Acts 2:42, 46) As the disciple-making work spread, congregations of believers began to form, first in Jerusalem and then outside Jerusalem. (Acts 8:1; 9:31; 11:19-21; 14:21-23) It was their custom to assemble together in public places as well as in private homes.—Acts 19:8, 9; Rom. 16:3, 5; Col. 4:15.
    What kept the expanding Christian congregation from becoming a loose association of independent local congregations? They were united under one Leader. From the beginning, Jesus Christ was the appointed Lord and Head of the congregation, and he was recognized as such by all the congregations. (Acts 2:34-36; Eph. 1:22) From the heavens, Christ actively directed the affairs of his congregation on earth. How? By means of holy spirit and angels, put at his disposal by Jehovah.—Acts 2:33; compare Acts 5:19, 20; 8:26; 1 Pet. 3:22.
    Christ had something else at his disposal for maintaining the unity of the Christian congregation—a visible governing body. At first, the governing body was made up of the faithful apostles of Jesus. Later, it included other older men of the Jerusalem congregation as well as the apostle Paul, even though he did not reside in Jerusalem. Each congregation recognized the authority of this central body of older men and looked to it for direction when organizational or doctrinal issues arose. (Acts 2:42; 6:1-6; 8:14-17; 11:22; 15:1-31) With what result? “Therefore, indeed, the congregations continued to be made firm in the faith and to increase in number from day to day.”—Acts 16:4, 5.
    The governing body, under the direction of holy spirit, supervised the appointment of overseers and assistants, ministerial servants, to care for each congregation. These were men who met spiritual qualifications that applied in all the congregations, not merely standards set locally. (1 Tim. 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Pet. 5:1-3) Overseers were urged to follow the Scriptures and submit to the leading of holy spirit. (Acts 20:28; Titus 1:9) All in the congregation were encouraged to ‘be obedient to those taking the lead.’ (Heb. 13:17) In this way unity was maintained not only within each congregation but within the Christian congregation as a whole.
    Even though some men held positions of responsibility, there was no clergy-laity distinction among the first-century Christian witnesses of Jehovah. They were all brothers; there was but one Leader, the Christ.—Matt. 23:8, 10.

An organized religion is nothing new even now. Most religions have some organization even if it is a lose one and not necessarily doing the will of God but still it's an organization.
    Why should the JW's not be organized and condemned for that?
    Ones who do not agree with religions are usually the ones that do their own thing which is not accepted by the Bible.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 23:04
    Yes and that's why I replyed to yours unless your post about wolves. You do know what the term lone wolf means don't you?
    Perhaps you should be clearer about the meaning you have in focus and the person in mind?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 23:05
    From the time of Moses onward, the Jewish nation was in a unique position—it served as the congregation of God. That congregation was highly organized by God under older men, heads, judges, and officers. (Josh. 23:1, 2) But the Jewish nation lost its privileged position because it rejected Jehovah’s Son. (Matt. ...[text shortened]... nesses of Jehovah. They were all brothers; there was but one Leader, the Christ.—Matt. 23:8, 10.
    TLDNR
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 23:11
    From the time of Moses onward, the Jewish nation was in a unique position—it served as the congregation of God. That congregation was highly organized by God under older men, heads, judges, and officers. (Josh. 23:1, 2) But the Jewish nation lost its privileged position because it rejected Jehovah’s Son. (Matt. ...[text shortened]... ith religions are usually the ones that do their own thing which is not accepted by the Bible.
    tell it tell it brother, tell it like it is!
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 23:15
    Perhaps you should be clearer about the meaning you have in focus and the person in mind?
    A loner or one who does not want direction? How's that? And I'm not mentioning names but most here who say their Christain have abandoned their church. So even though they may disagree with that church which is fine, but now what do they do? Again the Bible is clear on this as it will not work according to scripture.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 23:15
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    tell it tell it brother, tell it like it is!
    🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree