Lone wolf Christians?

Lone wolf Christians?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
20 Dec 11
2 edits

no quite obviously the op (a known liar) has not read the full article, has
misrepresented the article and can only do what he has always done, slandered
Jehovahs witnesses because he is empty and deviod of anything else. Touch his posts
like you would a pile of Longhorn bull, for God knows they stink, taken out of context
and fed up for the gullible, judge for yourself.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Dec 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
no quite obviously the op (a known liar) has not read the full article, has
misrepresented the article and can only do what he has always done, slandered
Jehovahs witnesses because he is empty and deviod of anything else. Touch his posts
like you would a pile of Longhorn bull, for God knows they stink, taken out of context
and fed up for the gullible, judge for yourself.
That's deceitful. You removed the offending line from the article. Even so if someone reads the whole article minus that line, the conclusion still remains that the WT org is advising its members NOT TO PURSUE HIGHER EDUCATION...

What about these quotes. Lets see you remove these lines from the article and post the whole article ...

No Jehovah's Witness should want to go to college. Rather, work in the Watchtower Organization! Watchtower,9/1/75, p.543; Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock, 1977, p. 105..

Do not pursue higher education. There is very little time left! Make pioneer service, the full-time ministry with the possibility of Bethel or missionary service, your goal.WT 3/15/1969, p. 171

What about professional careers? The position has not changed. If you are a young person thinking about a career-forget it. The end will be "in a few years". Do you remember expecting the end by the mid-1970's. Awake!, 5/22/69, p. 15.

Professional people, doctors and lawyers are often "inconsiderate of others" due to their undesirable higher education. Awake!, 918168, p.1 0. It is foolish to want to be a doctor or a lawyer. Watchtower, 8/1/75, p.451.

Moves
20 Dec 11

well you have stated that you

1.dont belong to any denomination and thus no congregation
2.gather regularly together with other christians

in my mind that's rather a contradictory stance and seeing that you seem rather adept
at asking others questions about their faith, lets see how you do when asked about yours.
I'm not interested in "works" yours especially! Your constant bleating about your "good works" and your "special awesomeness" makes me sick to my core.

I'm more than happy to explain what my faith, the scriptural reasons why it is what it is and why I believe it, but I don't demand nor expect you to agree with them.

rc

Moves
20 Dec 11

Originally posted by divegeester
I'm not interested in "works" yours especially! Your constant bleating about your "good works" and your "special awesomeness" makes me sick to my core.

I'm more than happy to explain what my faith, the scriptural reasons why it is what it is and why I believe it, but I don't demand nor expect you to agree with them.
you have state d that you are no part of any denomination yet find time to gather
together to incite other christians to love and as the Bible states, FINE WORKS, tis a
funny kind of Christian that is uninterested in FINE WORKS, dont you think, soo, how
do you incite others , just by way of interest? Oh and bye the way, ere not talking of
my religion for a change, but yours, lets see how you do, shall we.

Moves
20 Dec 11

you have state d that you are no part of any denomination yet find time to gather
together to incite other christians to love and as the Bible states, FINE WORKS, tis a
funny kind of Christian that is uninterested in FINE WORKS, dont you think, soo, how
do you incite others , just by way of interest? Oh and bye the way, ere not talking of
my religion for a change, but yours, lets see how you do, shall we.
I'm not telling you about my "good works". Your intention is to either judge me by them or measure your own efforts by them in a vainglorious attempt to feel good about it. We would be more productive comparing our penis sizes.

rc

Moves
20 Dec 11

I'm not telling you about my "good works". Your intention is to either judge me by them or measure your own efforts by them in a vainglorious attempt to feel good about it. We would be more productive comparing our penis sizes.
I am not asking about your good works , I am asking about how a person, who states
that they do not belong to any denomination gathers together with other christians,
and if that is the case, how do you incite each other to love and fine works, which, is
according to the Bible, the purpose for meeting together, is it not. So how do you do it?

Moves
20 Dec 11

I am not asking about your good works , I am asking about how a person, who states
that they do not belong to any denomination gathers together with other christians,
and if that is the case, how do you incite each other to love and fine works, which, is
according to the Bible, the purpose for meeting together, is it not. So how do you do it?
They gather together by being in the same place at the same time with other non-denominational Christians.

They study the scriptures and follow the leading of the spirit; including encouraging one another as you suggest.

Anything else...?

rc

Moves
20 Dec 11

They gather together by being in the same place at the same time with other non-denominational Christians.

They study the scriptures and follow the leading of the spirit; including encouraging one another as you suggest.

Anything else...?
where do you meet? in people houses, in a rented building? what form does the study
take? the leanings of the spirit? what's that?

Moves
20 Dec 11
1 edit

where do you meet? in people houses, in a rented building? what form does the study
take? the leanings of the spirit? what's that?
In people's houses as described in scripture if you bother to look it up - what difference does what the building is make?
The study takes the form of reading and err... studying together.
What do you think leading of the spirit means? Do you ever actually read a version of the Bible outside of a JW one!

Hang on mate I'm just nipping out to the kitchen to get another straw for you to clutch.

rc

Moves
20 Dec 11

In people's houses as described in scripture if you bother to look it up - what difference does what the building is make?
The study takes the form of reading and err... studying together.
What do you think leading of the spirit means? Do you ever actually read a version of the Bible outside of a JW one!

Hang on mate I'm just nipping out to the kitchen to get another straw for you to clutch.
I was only curious, the building makes no difference at all,

reading is not studying, there is a difference, you might want to think about that

leadings of the spirit, mmm, why can't you just tell me what it is,

as for Biblical study, I have more than fifteen translations in my own library, many of
which are excellent in one point or another, your prejudices, not withstanding.

Moves
20 Dec 11

I was only curious, the building makes no difference at all,

reading is not studying, there is a difference, you might want to think about that

leadings of the spirit, mmm, why can't you just tell me what it is,

as for Biblical study, I have more than fifteen translations in my own library, many of

Did you actualy read my post!

leadings of the spirit, mmm, why can't you just tell me what it is

I'm afraid that is for the initiated only...

Why have so many when you are told what to believe anyway? And before you launch into another rant; is there ONE thing in JW doctrine that you do not agree with?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 Dec 11

[b]reading is not studying, there is a difference, you might want to think about that

Did you actualy read my post!

leadings of the spirit, mmm, why can't you just tell me what it is

I'm afraid that is for the initiated only...

which are ex ...[text shortened]... re you launch into another rant; is there ONE thing in JW doctrine that you do not agree with?
I don't know why there is this constant misconseption by you and others that we are brain washed or that we're robots and that we have no brain in our heads that we can't think, research and come to an educated conclusion about what we believe and accept about the Bible and what the WTS teaches as individuals.
It seems to me that some here are so hardheaded and stuck in this mentality that it is you who are brainwashed and have robot minds that you can't think outside your little boxes that we are individuals and have a full mental capacity to decide what is right and wrong when it comes to the teachings but out religion.
The reason Robbie and most JW's have an extensive library including many Bibles is we do more research then you and most here combined will ever do on scriptural matters.
All the Kingdom Halls I've ever been in have very well stocked libraries and could challenge most book stores on the selectioon of "OTHER" bibles that are there for any JW to go in and compare anything scripture they wanted with our Bible.
There is nothing to hide and nothing that that we are told not to look at and do research with.
Perhaps you should educate yourself more about what research we do and what we have at our desposel to do that with instead of this repeating of ignorance over and over and over. It's getting really old and pointless.
Or perhaps you should ask to look at one of our library CD's sometime that we all have but only if you have a year or so to look at it as it will take you that long even if you're a speed reader.

Moves
20 Dec 11

Originally posted by galveston75
I don't know why there is this constant misconseption by you and others that we are brain washed or that we're robots and that we have no brain in our heads that we can't think, research and come to an educated conclusion about what we believe and accept about the Bible and what the WTS teaches as individuals.
Name ONE doctrine of the JW organisation that you fundamentally disagree with?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 Dec 11

Name ONE doctrine of the JW organisation that you fundamentally disagree with?
-------------------------- 0 --------------------------------

Moves
20 Dec 11

Originally posted by galveston75
-------------------------- 0 --------------------------------
Sure, I see it now, you're not brainwashed or anything...