1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Apr '15 20:482 edits
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    [b]God is not real to people because of their sins

is it any specific sin, or sins in general?[/b]
    It is good to go to God with specifics. This is very very effective.

You don't have to make up stuff.
    But to get specific with God and you'll find like the Prodigal Son the father RUNS to welcome you and throw his loving arms around your neck before you get your speech out.

Is there anyone who would say "Amen" to this among my brothers and sisters in Jesus?

The loving Father is SO eager, the parable of the Prodigal Son is very apt in many cases Luke 16:11-32

"And he rose up and came to his own father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was moved with compassion, and he ran and fell on his neck and kissed him affectionately." (v.20)

I dare say that if you come to Jesus Christ with a list of 10 genuine actual sins that you are feeling the guilt about, confessing to God for forgiveness, the eagerness of the Father will flood into your heart before you get through your list.

He is eager to receive his lost son. This is my story.
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Apr '15 22:39
    Originally posted by sonship
    It is good to go to God with [b]specifics. This is very very effective.

You don't have to make up stuff.
    But to get specific with God and you'll find like the Prodigal Son the father RUNS to welcome you and throw his loving arms around your neck before you get your speech out.

Is there anyone who would say "Amen" to this among my brothers ...[text shortened]... art before you get through your list.

He is eager to receive his lost son. This is my story.[/b]
    I dont think this answers the question asked. Still though, your wording interests me. Nothing is mentioned of the motive of the sinner, all that is mentioned is that they should 'ask for forgiveness'. Surely it only matters if the sinner feels genuine guilt rather than a fear of punishment? Isnt that the most important factor of the equation?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Apr '15 23:081 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    I dont think this answers the question asked.
    Still though, your wording interests me. Nothing is mentioned of the motive of the sinner, all that is mentioned is that they should 'ask for forgiveness'. Surely it only matters if the sinner feels genuine guilt rather than a fear of punishment? Isnt that the most important factor of the equation?

HOW you come to Jesus .... is secondary.

That you COME to Jesus .... THAT is the most important thing.

The simplicity still alludes.

Don't think everyone who came to the loving Father had the best motive. In the parable teaching that I referred to, the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32) maybe the prodigal was sick of eating pig's food. Maybe he still didn't like his dad that much. But he considered the expediency of his situation -

"But when he came to himself, he said, How many of my father's hired servants abound in bread, but I am perishing here in famine!

I will rise up and go to my father, and I will say to him, Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired servants." (Luke 15:17-19)

Maybe he still thought it was a nuisance to have to go to his father's house. He thought of the whole matter in commercial terms. "Let me come back as one of your hired employees to work for you, to do stuff for you, to labor and sweat it out producing a profit for you."

His concept was askew. He did not really know his father's heart. Years of accepting lies from the devil had warped his idea of his father's heart.

We come back to God because of how GOLDEN the heart of JESUS was toward His Father. And it is HIS finished work which counts. He is the "fatted calf" in the parable. He is also "the best robe". He clothed the man outwardly in a robe of righteousness and was JUSTIFIED. Not only outward need was met. The inward need to fill his HUNGER was met. The fatted calf FOR THE OCCASION was slaughtered and the FEAST was held.

His SON who was dead is now ALIVE. His CHILD who was once lost is now FOUND.

I come back to the Father. I have nothing to offer except CHRIST.

I COME With my hands full of CHRIST.
    I don't stand upon my own merit.
    Even my tears need to be washed in the blood of Jesus.
    Even my "regret" is unclean before Him.

I offer Him only what satisfies the Divine WIll - Jesus Christ my ONLY ground, my only standing forever.

I fear that in this post your specific question was not answered either.
    Just take it.
    You'll be blessed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree