Love for serving their God and all humans...

Love for serving their God and all humans...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Oct 13

http://jwbrothers.org/videos/5612/the-waitress-of-bethel,-brooklyn-ny

Just a little behind the scense video about some who serve Jehovah. This is done daily and earthwide by millions who not only love their God, but love each other as brothers and sisters should within an earthwide family. This love and peace is the way all humans should be living and it can be avalable to all who wish for that...

rc

Moves
12 Oct 13

Originally posted by galveston75

Just a little behind the scense video about some who serve Jehovah. This is done daily and earthwide by millions who not only love their God, but love each other as brothers and sisters should within an earthwide family. This love and peace is the way all humans should be living and it can be avalable to all who wish for that...
we are beautiful 4sure.

Moves
12 Oct 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
we are beautiful 4sure.
I just retched.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Oct 13

... but you gotta sign up first.

Imagine how the world would be different if we could all love ALL our Christian brothers, and yea, even our non-christian neighbors, as commanded by Christ himself.

We're told to love our neighbor as we love ourselves, which is pretty rough when you put yourself up on a pedestal that no one else (in your opinion) is qualified for. Why do you think Christ said to love ones neighbor as oneself?

You guys can come talk like this to me after you've finally mastered this concept. But no, you won't even consider your other Christian brothers as Christian, so how can we possibly expect you to love your (possibly non-Christian) neighbor as yourself?

rc

Moves
12 Oct 13

Originally posted by Suzianne

Imagine how the world would be different if we could all love ALL our Christian brothers, and yea, even our non-christian neighbors, as commanded by Christ himself.

We're told to love our neighbor as we love ourselves, which is pretty rough when you put yourself up on a pedestal that no one else (in your opinion) is qu ...[text shortened]... n, so how can we possibly expect you to love your (possibly non-Christian) neighbor as yourself?
you never mind about us, you just look at your own rafter! then the Christ states, you may be in a position to look at the straw in your brothers eye.

Moves
12 Oct 13

We're told to love our neighbor as we love ourselves, which is pretty rough when you put yourself up on a pedestal that no one else (in your opinion) is qu ...[text shortened]... n, so how can we possibly expect you to love your (possibly non-Christian) neighbor as yourself?
JW #1 here are some people from our exclusive god chosen group being really righteous and exemplifying why we are spot on and other religious groups are not.

JW #2 I agee (especially me because I am special)

I wish I was able to hold up the metaphorical mirror to this pair.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Oct 13

Just answer me this:

Are these people serving the poor, the destitute, the homeless? No, they are serving the top tier of the JW presence in that region. Why? Because no one else is 'good enough'.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Oct 13

you never mind about us, you just look at your own rafter! then the Christ states, you may be in a position to look at the straw in your brothers eye.
I'd appreciate your analogy better if it were true.

All I can see is that it's only a straw in my own eye, if that.

In this particular case, the rafter is your own.

You act like the voice of the all-powerful Oz: "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"

How about if you put this suggestion in your suggestion box at the Hall? "Hey, I've a great idea! Why don't we take all the money spent at places like Bethel, NY to feed the already rich JWs there and instead spend it on feeding the poor!" and then push the idea as far as you can. Would you really get any further than your own local leader who tells you that the best he can do is to advise you to not make any waves?

You have a far greater problem than straws in your eye, friend.

Moves
12 Oct 13

You're not gettin' a lot o' lovin' on this one. It may be because you're showing your love by telling people their faith is wrong and yours is right.

rc

Moves
12 Oct 13
2 edits

I'd appreciate your analogy better if it were true.

All I can see is that it's only a straw in my own eye, if that.

In this particular case, the rafter is your own.

You act like the voice of the all-powerful Oz: "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"

How about if you put this suggestion in your suggestion box at the Hall? "Hey, I'v ...[text shortened]... se you to not make any waves?

You have a far greater problem than straws in your eye, friend.
Lol, everyone else has a rafter and you have a straw, thats brilliant. How much do our elders get paid? Nada, they do it of their own free will, unpaid, how much does a minister of the church get paid, plenty, so why dont you pop the suggestion in the church box that the minister do it for nothing, instead of telling us how we should spend our voluntary donations, we do awesome!

rc

Moves
12 Oct 13

Originally posted by JS357
You're not gettin' a lot o' lovin' on this one. It may be because you're showing your love by telling people their faith is wrong and yours is right.
Jesus did say that his followers would not be very popular, didn't he.

Moves
12 Oct 13

No only that, being loved isn't the point; loving is.

Moves
12 Oct 13

Well you're one of the most unpopular posters at RHP so I guess that makes you his biggest fan huh?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
13 Oct 13

Not sure I've ever seen a room full of such middle-of-the-road, dull looking stiffs in all my life.

P

Moves
13 Oct 13

I have a question. (after reading all the posts in this thread) Scripture states; love God with all your heart, love God with all your mind, love God with all your spirit and love God with all your strength. And love your neighbor as yourself. Are we doing that here?