1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 06:14
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    ... but you gotta sign up first.

Imagine how the world would be different if we could all love ALL our Christian brothers, and yea, even our non-christian neighbors, as commanded by Christ himself.

We're told to love our neighbor as we love ourselves, which is pretty rough when you put yourself up on a pedestal that no one else (in your opinion) is qu ...[text shortened]... n, so how can we possibly expect you to love your (possibly non-Christian) neighbor as yourself?
    I don't have any trouble with loving my neighbors. It is my enemies that I can't seem to love.

The Instructor
  2. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 06:20
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I don't have any trouble with loving my neighbors. It is my enemies that I can't seem to love.

The Instructor
    Being a smart butt. If you work at it hard enough you might get a Thread like Rajk999 got. ha, ha.
    It can be VERY frustrating, but you have to remember in the back of your head, they are God's children too, even if they don't think so.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 07:25
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    I have a question. (after reading all the posts in this thread) Scripture states; love God with all your heart, love God with all your mind, love God with all your spirit and love God with all your strength. And love your neighbor as yourself. Are we doing that here?
    nothing but love going on here ...
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 08:541 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Not sure I've ever seen a room full of such middle-of-the-road, dull looking stiffs in all my life.
    haha, balance in all things my son, even a snow boarding video could not convince you that we are the hippiest numbers in town, so sad, id just like to remind you that every girls crazy about a sharp dressed man!
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 08:591 edit
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    I have a question. (after reading all the posts in this thread) Scripture states; love God with all your heart, love God with all your mind, love God with all your spirit and love God with all your strength. And love your neighbor as yourself. Are we doing that here?
    An excellent point and one which comes up in here every so often due to the nature of the posting and the deeply held values and beliefs of those posting.

I think it's fair to say that while many in here irritate the heck out of each other, there is no hatred, despite the JWs repeated protestations of persecution. I'm fairly certain that most of the regulars would help each other other out of scrape should the opportunity provide.

Christians are instructed to "contend earnestly for the faith" in Jude. I can't speak for the others here, but my bone of contention is with organised corporate religion and it's octopus like tentacles which reach into state, business and politics and vice versa, but particularly those denominations, sects and cults which set themselves up (or at least their corporation) as being the gatekeepers of salvation, as in the case of the JW organisation claiming to be "the sole holders of god's truth of earth" and that unless an person is an active member of their corporate religion they cannot gain access to life after death. Basically they vicariously set their corporate body as being the straight gate of entry. The Mormons, the Catholics and most of the other strictly sectarian denominations have similar positions. It's about control of the laity and the spirit of control is usually represented by one of the 'three Ms: MONEY, MEMBERSHIP or ME.

If you look at the JW posting in this thread you will clearly see the "ME". The spirit of self righteousness and actually fear, that has deceived members of that church into believing that if they leave they will lose their salvation and be "apostate". What's more they will be "shunned" by the rest of the congregation, irrespective of them being family or friends. the Jehovah's Witness corporation is a pernicious, manipulative cult masquerading as god's chosen ones, "persecuted" for being basically downright annoying and NOT for the name of Jesus Christ as spoken by Jesus himself - plenty of scripture to support that. "Persecution" according to scripture comes for being associated with and recognising the authority of the name of Jesus Christ, not because a person goes to church, annoys people through an inappropriate door to door strategy or for holding disturbing doctrines such as forbidding the giving of blood to save a life. Did you know that JW authorised teaching is that not only is Jesus not lord almighty, he is actually the archangel Michael? He is however classed by the JW leadership as a "mighty god" (not almighty) in order to circumvent Isaiah's prophesy. Did you know that in this forum robbie carrobie has admitted that they therefore have 2 gods (one mighty and one almighty) and that they have 2 saviours, Jesus AND Jehovah? For the members to be so deceived to believe that these doctrines are in alignment with biblical teaching is an astonishing representation of the power of the cult's leadership.

You are right though, tone in some of my posting could be better. However having chased galveston75 and robbie carrobie down their rabbit warren as they hem and haw on points of critical doctrine whilst positioning themselves as they do in the two opening posts of this thread does become tiresome and difficult to stomach after time.

Is this a justification of my own behaviour? Not really but it is a bit of an explanation.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 09:451 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    haha, balance in all things my son, even a snow boarding video could not convince you that we are the hippiest numbers in town, so sad, id just like to remind you that every girls crazy about a sharp dressed man!
    Showing a few guys snowboarding, I'm afraid, doesn't rub off on to the rest of you. If you're a middle-aged, podgy, stiff looking, middle-of-the-road sap it doesn't matter if some guy who serves you dinner goes snowboarding, skateboarding or sky diving, you're still a middle-aged, podgy, stiff looking, middle-of-the-road sap.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 11:144 edits
    Showing a few guys snowboarding, I'm afraid, doesn't rub off on to the rest of you. If you're a middle-aged, podgy, stiff looking, middle-of-the-road sap it doesn't matter if some guy who serves you dinner goes snowboarding, skateboarding or sky diving, you're still a middle-aged, podgy, stiff looking, middle-of-the-road sap.
    LOL, thats bitter Mr Universe but regardless of your bitterness, we are spiritually beautiful! cant touch this, do doo doo doo, doo doo, cant touch this, do doo doo doo, doo doo, cant touch this, in fact, I think ill watch it again to remind myself, how awesome we are.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 11:24
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    nothing but love going on here ...
    you love pinging your triangle?
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 12:511 edit
    LOL, thats bitter Mr Universe but regardless of your bitterness, we are spiritually beautiful! cant touch this, do doo doo doo, doo doo, cant touch this, do doo doo doo, doo doo, cant touch this, in fact, I think ill watch it again to remind myself, how awesome we are.
    No bitterness involved, just looked like a room full of people who needed a good beating with a 'fun-stick'. It also appears you maybe using a non-standard definition for the word 'awesome', because that's not the word I'd use to describe that room full of people. In fact, to me, that is what hell would be like.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 13:411 edit
    No bitterness involved, just looked like a room full of people who needed a good beating with a 'fun-stick'. It also appears you maybe using a non-standard definition for the word 'awesome', because that's not the word I'd use to describe that room full of people. In fact, to me, that is what hell would be like.
    hardly, the video demonstrated that we are fun loving people and that we are awesome (standard definition), all that you see is the result of volunteers, the people serving are volunteers, the people who work there are volunteers, the donations which support it are entirely voluntary, dude even a die cast rampant militant base materialist atheist has to admit that thats pretty damn awesome!
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 14:00
    hardly, the video demonstrated that we are fun loving people and that we are awesome (standard definition), all that you see is the result of volunteers, the people serving are volunteers, the people who work there are volunteers, the donations which support it are entirely voluntary, dude even a die cast rampant militant base materialist atheist has to admit that thats pretty damn awesome!
    You are so lucky. The people at my church HATE having fun and are in no way awesome, they are just average, if that. Plus NONE of our volunteers are volunteers; we have to press gang them into working for us and the donations are not donations either we actually steal the money from their wallets as they walk in.

How you have achieved in getting a group of people who all belong to the same religion, together in one place to have some fun and help out voluntarily as well as giving to the collection must be unique in all the world and truly a sign that god is with you.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 15:061 edit
    Why don't you answer some REAL questions for us, Mr. Awesome?

Like explain why JWs have such a problem following Christ's commandments to love your Christian brothers, and to love your neighbors as you love yourselves?

Come on, I've only been waiting to hear this for at least the past year.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 15:08
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You are so lucky. The people at my church HATE having fun and are in no way awesome, they are just average, if that. Plus NONE of our volunteers are volunteers; we have to press gang them into working for us and the donations are not donations either we actually steal the money from their wallets as they walk in.

How you have achieved in getting a gr ...[text shortened]... giving to the collection must be unique in all the world and truly a sign that god is with you.
    Psssssst... go try out an Episcopalian church.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 15:501 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Why don't you answer some REAL questions for us, Mr. Awesome?

Like explain why JWs have such a problem following Christ's commandments to love your Christian brothers, and to love your neighbors as you love yourselves?

Come on, I've only been waiting to hear this for at least the past year.
    well well miss sprawling forest in the eye but let me extract that straw from yours, our work speaks for itself, we show love to people every single time we knock on their door, people who do not reciprocate that love, after all, if you show love to those who show love to you, what extra ordinary thing are you doing? and on the question of brothers and sisters, Jesus said, who really are my brothers and sisters, that is correct, those who are DOING the will of the father, we don't need to prove anything to you or anyone else, we are awesome just be carrying out the the will of the father! who else is DOING the will of the father, show me.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '13 08:571 edit
    ... our work speaks for itself, we show love to people every single time we knock on their door...
    Err, no that's not correct.

Your "work" speaks for "yourself" not itself. Your boring boastfullness about it bears that out.

And no I would not say that JWs trying to earn their way into thier god's favour by banging on my door and telling me how right they and how wrong everyone else is, is "showing me love".

You live in a dream world.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree