1. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 02:58
    Originally posted by galveston75
    http://jwbrothers.org/videos/5612/the-waitress-of-bethel,-brooklyn-ny

Just a little behind the scense video about some who serve Jehovah. This is done daily and earthwide by millions who not only love their God, but love each other as brothers and sisters should within an earthwide family. This love and peace is the way all humans should be living and it can be avalable to all who wish for that...
    I have a question, Can i have this same love and peace with God in another religion, and not be a Jehovah Witness?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 03:15
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    I have a question, Can i have this same love and peace with God in another religion, and not be a Jehovah Witness?
    Zing.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 07:52
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    [bImagine how the world would be different if we could all love ALL our Christian brothers, and yea, even our non-christian neighbors, [/b]
    Sounds like an atheist idyll.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 09:22
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Sounds like an atheist idyll.
    hehe!
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 19:36
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    hehe!
    And you find that amusing because...?

Oh yes, it supports your cultist view of your own superiority, sorry to waste your time.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Oct '13 22:32
    doubtful, after all, lets look at the record of lets say, nominal Christianity? two world wars, hmmm, Islam? well well more wars, Hinduism, more militancy, Buddhists, more militancy, Israel, more militancy, nope, i dont think so.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Oct '13 22:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I don't have any trouble with loving my neighbors. It is my enemies that I can't seem to love.

The Instructor
    Yet, Jesus died for your enemies as well as your neighbors and if we would
    for Jesus' sake win them for Jesus. Jesus would receive more of those He
    died for, and Jesus deserves as many of us we can win. Those that the
    devil has put up against us and those that are for us, we are all sinners
    that Jesus died for, it isn't about those we like, its about the love of Jesus
    for those in our lives.
    Kelly
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 20:561 edit
    I have a question. (after reading all the posts in this thread) Scripture states; love God with all your heart, love God with all your mind, love God with all your spirit and love God with all your strength. And love your neighbor as yourself. Are we doing that here?
    Scripture states; love God with all your heart, love God with all your mind, love God with all your spirit and love God with all your strength. And love your neighbor as yourself. Are we doing that here?

No, not often enough..

John 13:34-35
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."
    NKJV

I don't think anyone can love like this, without a person first having a revelation or understanding of God's unconditional love for them.
    You can't give what you don't have.
    You can't be genuinely kind, unless you understand that God is kind to you.
    You can't genuinely love, unless you understand how Jesus loves you without condition.

Religion has tainted this truth by picturing God as angry. If you don't read your bible, if you don't give, if you don't pray, etc., God will punish you, give you a disease, kill your kids. So be very careful how you walk, what you say.
    Religion has made God a performance rewarding kind of a God.

It is a lie, that needs thorough study. God is love(agape), he is kind, he is good and generous, full of compassion and mercy.

I have a long road ahead, understanding this myself, but at least I am on the road. 🙂
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 21:321 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    .. I don't think anyone can love like this, without a person first having a revelation or understanding of God's unconditional love for them...
    The idea of the 'unconditional love of God' is not a Biblical concept. It is made up by man to use as a springboard for other false doctrines.

I would be interested in seeing where the Bible uses the word 'unconditional' to describe Gods love. Or seeing where such a concept is used even though the word 'unconditional' is not used ie it is explained as being unconditional.

Bear in mind unconditional love is the acceptance of a person without him or her meeting any conditions.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 23:13
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The idea of the 'unconditional love of God' is not a Biblical concept. It is made up by man to use as a springboard for other false doctrines.

I would be interested in seeing where the Bible uses the word 'unconditional' to describe Gods love. Or seeing where such a concept is used even though the word 'unconditional' is not used ie it is explaine ...[text shortened]... unconditional love is the acceptance of a person without him or her meeting any conditions. [/i]
    Our salvation is conditional, however, it appears that God's love is unconditional. How else can you explain the following verses?

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

(Romans 5:8 NKJV)

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

(1 John 4:10 NKJV)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 23:241 edit

I would be interested in seeing where the Bible uses the word 'unconditional' to describe Gods love. Or seeing where such a concept is used even though the word 'unconditional' is not used ie it is explaine ...[text shortened]... unconditional love is the acceptance of a person without him or her meeting any conditions. [/i]
    yes its no longer God is love, but love is our God.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 23:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes its no longer God is love, but love is our God.
    Wow, your a player! I didn't know you thought that way...🙂
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 23:39

For God so loved the world....What exactly did the world do to deserve this love ?...The love of God is so wonderful and beautiful, you need help to misunderstand it.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 00:191 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    For God so loved the world....What exactly did the world do to deserve this love ?...The love of God is so wonderful and beautiful, you need help to misunderstand it.
    Obviously you cannot answer the question and you dont understand what the word 'unconditional' means.

You quoted John 3:16 and its that very verse that says that Gods love is not unconditional because there is a condition [ie something that needs to be done] which will enable people to benefit from Gods love.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 00:20
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Our salvation is conditional, however, it appears that God's love is unconditional. How else can you explain the following verses?

[b]But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

(Romans 5:8 NKJV)

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the ...[text shortened]... 10 NKJV)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
    It appears?
    God's love is unconditional, or It appears that Gods love is unconditional.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree