1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 11:34
    @chaney3 said
    God needs to be reminded.
    Interesting.
    A good way to know your prayers are in accordance with the will of God is to pray
    those things you know He desires. Not much different than saying I know you like
    this because. If you want to little god, you really are working towards that end.
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 11:37
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    As the Lord said in Isaiah, "Put Me in remembrance" (43:26).

It is as if God can forget, and we have to remind Him. God may have promised, but He needs us to remind Him. We should say, not with a heart of unbelief but with a heart of faith, "Lord, You have given me Your promise. You should remember Your promise." This is exactly what King Solomon did. He said to Go ...[text shortened]... new knowledge; we have learned how to remind Him.

(Watchman Nee - Vol. 10: The Present Testimony)
    That's an incorrect interpretation of Isaiah 43:26.

"Put me in remembrance" is God telling Israel to remember Him.

God does not need to be reminded about anything. God knows everything at once and never forgets anything, but can choose not to remember.

Hebrews 10:16,17 taken from Jeremiah 31:34
    This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
    And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Jeremiah 31:34
    And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

And there are dozens and dozens of verses in both the old and new testaments where man is told to remember because we are the ones that forget.

These things are sixth grade stuff for the student of the Bible.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 12:401 edit
    @secondson said
    That's an incorrect interpretation of Isaiah 43:26.

"Put me in remembrance" is God telling Israel to remember Him.

God does not need to be reminded about anything. God knows everything at once and never forgets anything, but can choose not to remember.

Hebrews 10:16,17 taken from Jeremiah 31:34
    This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, sait ...[text shortened]... use we are the ones that forget.

These things are sixth grade stuff for the student of the Bible.
    No argument from me.

I suggest taking it up with sonship, as I was quoting 'his' Watchman Nee.
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 13:05
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    No argument from me.

I suggest taking it up with sonship, as I was quoting 'his' Watchman Nee.
    Don't get me wrong. I wasn't necessarily "taking it up" with you.

I'm an objective guy you know! 😉

There's tons of stuff out there being taught about the Bible that's simply incorrect, wrong and outright blasphemous.

It takes years to sift through. Heck, when I first got saved I didn't know the difference between an apostle and an epistle!
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 15:40
    @secondson said
    Don't get me wrong. I wasn't necessarily "taking it up" with you.

I'm an objective guy you know! 😉

There's tons of stuff out there being taught about the Bible that's simply incorrect, wrong and outright blasphemous.

It takes years to sift through. Heck, when I first got saved I didn't know the difference between an apostle and an epistle!
    Apologies. I was just causing a little ghostly mischief in my quoting of Watchman Nee.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree