Moves
    15 Nov '05 16:27
    Luke 7:50 Jesus said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."
  2. London
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 16:35
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Luke 7:50 Jesus said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."
    [36] One of the Pharisees asked him to eat with him, and he went into the Pharisee's house, and took his place at table.
    [37] And behold, a woman of the city, who was a sinner, when she learned that he was at table in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster flask of ointment,
    [38] and standing behind him at his feet, weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.
    [39] Now when the Pharisee who had invited him saw it, he said to himself, "If this man were a prophet, he would have known who and what sort of woman this is who is touching him, for she is a sinner."
    [40] And Jesus answering said to him, "Simon, I have something to say to you." And he answered, "What is it, Teacher?"
    [41] "A certain creditor had two debtors; one owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty.
    [42] When they could not pay, he forgave them both. Now which of them will love him more?"
    [43] Simon answered, "The one, I suppose, to whom he forgave more." And he said to him, "You have judged rightly."
    [44] Then turning toward the woman he said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I entered your house, you gave me no water for my feet, but she has wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair.
    [45] You gave me no kiss, but from the time I came in she has not ceased to kiss my feet.
    [46] You did not anoint my head with oil, but she has anointed my feet with ointment.
    [47] Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much; but he who is forgiven little, loves little."
    [48] And he said to her, "Your sins are forgiven."
    [49] Then those who were at table with him began to say among themselves, "Who is this, who even forgives sins?"
    [50] And he said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."
    --- Luke 7, RSV
  3. England
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 16:411 edit
    just woundering why this post. why the quote. we know this from the scriptures . did someone ask you blindfaith or did you read it and thought it would be a nice post. Tho complements to lucifer for the full version. just to show the deciver knows the bible too
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 16:48
    Originally posted by stoker
    just woundering why this post. why the quote. we know this from the scriptures . did someone ask you blindfaith or did you read it and thought it would be a nice post. Tho complements to lucifer for the full version. just to show the deciver knows the bible too
    LOL, wrong guy.

It is the faith that she had that saved her nothing else.

Read the book of Hebrew. It talks about how Abe. was justified by faith too.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 17:022 edits
    LOL, wrong guy.

Another example of your inability to read and understand perfectly plain Scripture.

"Do you see this woman? I entered your house, you gave me no water for my feet, but she has wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair.
    [45] You gave me no kiss, but from the time I came in she has not ceased to kiss my feet.
    [46] You did not anoint my head with oil, but she has anointed my feet with ointment.
    [47] Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much; but he who is forgiven little, loves little."

Jesus compares and contrasts the woman's ACTIONS with those of Simon. Why do you think he does that? Why would he if all that matters was that Simon had "faith", too? He wouldn't have to give Jesus any water for his feet; just screech that he was saved. He wouldn't have to kiss Jesus; just say he was going to Heaven. He wouldn't have to anoint Jesus with oil, either. The message here is perfectly consistent with Matthew 25; your faith must be expressed in your works or your faith will NOT save you. In reality one cannot have "faith" in Jesus and his message and NOT do good works towards his fellow Man as they are essential to his teachings.

And Jesus could have said "only your faith has saved you" if he wanted to, but he didn't. You take one sentence out of all context and read it to mean the EXACT opposite of what the passage is saying! Incredible!
  6. Forgotten
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 18:44
    LOL, wrong guy.

i say-a a yea-ah
  7. London
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 19:33
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Another example of your inability to read and understand perfectly plain Scripture.

"Do you see this woman? I entered your house, you gave me no water for my feet, but she has wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair.
    [46] You did not ...[text shortened]... of all context and read it to mean the EXACT opposite of what the passage is saying! Incredible!
    And that is why I posted the full episode...
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 19:47
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    And that is why I posted the full episode...
    Thanks, LH. I knew that, but merely posting the complete Scripture is tooooooo subtle for some of our "Secret Decoder Ring Christians".
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 21:43
    Thanks, LH. I knew that, but merely posting the complete Scripture is tooooooo subtle for some of our "Secret Decoder Ring Christians".
    Ah...not so fast...

Luke 23:39-43
    39 Then one of the criminals who were hanged blasphemed Him, saying, "If You are the Christ, save Yourself and us."
    40 But the other, answering, rebuked him, saying, "Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation?
    41 "And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong."
    42 Then he said to Jesus, "Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom."
    43 And Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise."
    (NKJ)

What did this criminal do but have faith?🙂
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 21:591 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Ah...not so fast...

Luke 23:39-43
    39 Then one of the criminals who were hanged blasphemed Him, saying, "If You are the Christ, save Yourself and us."
    40 But the other, answering, rebuked him, saying, "Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation?
    41 "And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but t ...[text shortened]... , today you will be with Me in Paradise."
    (NKJ)

What did this criminal do but have faith?🙂
    Ever hear of comforting the sick and/or dying? And what do you know of the man's other deeds in life? I can't think of a thinner reed to argue "faith alone".

EDIT: As an aside, this incident is not mentioned at all in Mark and John and is flatly contradicted in Matthew 27:44 which said the robbers crucifed on both sides reproached Jesus.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 01:20
    Ever hear of comforting the sick and/or dying? And what do you know of the man's other deeds in life? I can't think of a thinner reed to argue "faith alone".

EDIT: As an aside, this incident is not mentioned at all in Mark and John and is flatly contradicted in Matthew 27:44 which said the robbers crucifed on both sides reproached Jesus.
    That's because there were four. You heard right. Four, two on each side. The four gospels compliment each other. Just because two do not mention something and two do, so what? That does not cause conflict. Why do you suppose there are four gospels? Just for something to write? Get real. If you are going to critisize the bible as an unbeliever, at least learn it first.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 01:285 edits
    That's because there were four. You heard right. Four, two on each side. The four gospels compliment each other. Just because two do not mention something and two do, so what? That does not cause conflict. Why do you suppose there are four gospels? Just for something to write? Get real. If you are going to critisize the bible as an unbeliever, at least learn it first.
    What a joke! Please point to me in ANY Gospel where it says there were four, two on each side! You people make this s**t up as you go along! Matthew 27:44 says the robbers (plural) reproached Jesus and doesn't mention Luke's contrived incident at all. Learn your own book of fairy tales.

EDIT: Read your own cited passage: ONE of the criminals .....

But the OTHER. (that's TWO).

EDITEDIT: Ever read Matthew 27:38: 38 Then are there crucified with him two robbers, one on the right hand and one on the left.

Who doesn't know the Bible, sport??

EDITEDITEDIT: Mark 15:27: 27 And with him they crucify two robbers; one on his right hand, and one on his left.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 01:38
    What a joke! Please point to me in ANY Gospel where it says there were four, two on each side! You people make this s**t up as you go along! Matthew 27:44 says the robbers (plural) reproached Jesus and doesn't mention Luke's contrived incident at all. Learn your own book of fairy tales.

EDIT: Read your own cited passage: ONE of the criminals .....
    ...[text shortened]... bbers, one on the right hand and one on the left.

Who doesn't know the Bible, sport??
    Gee...like I haven't heard all this before...it takes a little study to see it.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 01:401 edit
    Gee...like I haven't heard all this before...it takes a little study to see it.
    Yes, it takes a lot of study to see things that aren't there. Haven't got to John yet, but the other three Gospels say TWO, not four. Does your "Secret Decoder Ring" say differently??

EDIT: It's unanimous: John 19:18: 18 where they crucified him, and with him two others, on either side one, and Jesus in the midst.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 01:45
    Yes, it takes a lot of study to see things that aren't there. Haven't got to John yet, but the other three Gospels say TWO, not four. Does your "Secret Decoder Ring" say differently??

EDIT: It's unanimous: John 19:18: 18 where they crucified him, and with him two others, on either side one, and Jesus in the midst.
    If you really are interested here is a link that takes you step by step.
    http://www.truthortradition.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=516

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree