1. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    26 Jun '14 16:22
    Mark 12:30-31
    English Standard Version (ESV)

30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

For Christians, consider this scripture...

Do you feel that you live up to these words? Why or why not? Do you feel your words/posts live up to this scripture here on RHP with your interaction with other posters? Why/why not?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '14 16:47
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    [b]Mark 12:30-31

30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

For Christians, consider this scriptu ...[text shortened]... ts live up to this scripture here on RHP with your interaction with other posters? Why/why not?[/b]
    The answer to both questions is a resounding No.
    No one but the Lord Jesus is able to love God in this manner, even though we try and long to, we often fail. This is precisely why we need a Savior.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jun '14 22:03
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    No one but the Lord Jesus is able to love God in this manner, even though we try and long to, we often fail. This is precisely why we need a Savior.
    I agree. Just what I was thinking. Thanks.
  4. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 03:56
    I totally disagree with you. I've known a few who have lived up to this scripture. They walked with God on earth, and walk with Him now in heaven.
  5. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 03:57

For Christians, consider this scriptu ...[text shortened]... ts live up to this scripture here on RHP with your interaction with other posters? Why/why not?[/b]
    Enoch
  6. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 03:58

I strive to live up to those words, fool that i am. ha ha
  7. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 05:26
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    ...They walked with God on earth, and walk with Him now in heaven.
    In the Gospel of Luke, Jesus described the kingdom of Heaven as being "within and without." Additionally, he emphasized the importance of realizing that state of Heavenness, if you will, in his instruction on prayer. The Aramaic, "Tey, Tey Malkutak," is roughly translated "thy kingdom come..." But it IS emphatic because the repetition of "Tey," or "come" suggests immediacy--as in Heaven NOW!--and not something for which to wait.

In that same spirit, it is my impression that the commandments to love God and to love one's neighbor were not ideals, but mandates with immediacy and the means by which that Heaven Nowness is realized.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 08:44
    Originally posted by hakima
    In the Gospel of Luke, Jesus described the kingdom of Heaven as being "within and without." Additionally, he emphasized the importance of realizing that state of Heavenness, if you will, in his instruction on prayer. The Aramaic, "Tey, Tey Malkutak," is roughly translated "thy kingdom come..." But it IS emphatic because the repetition of "Tey," or "come" sugg ...[text shortened]... not ideals, but mandates with immediacy and the means by which that Heaven Nowness is realized.
    Romans 8: 1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

The thing is God with us is for NOW not for later after we die, we are
    either walking after the Spirit, or the flesh.
    Kelly
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 09:54

I think Jesus Christ gave a detailed explanation of what he meant by 'loving your neighbour' [Luke 10 - Parable of the Good Samaritan]. I got the impression that he meant applying brotherly/chartiable love to those in need around you. He also gave a detailed explanation of what happens if you choose not to follow a course of brotherly/charitable love [Luke 16 - the Story of the Rich Man and Lazarus], which some here enjoy boasting that they do.

Whether or not it is correct to extend what Christ said, to include your interpretation ie heated words exchanged when discussing religion, Im not sure. Many people tend to forget that Christ had no patience with unrepentant sinners, or with persistent unbelievers or with mouth worshipers and referred to them as hypocrites and as fools. The Apostles even went so far as to say:

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds. (2 John 1:9-11 KJV)

I would say that on RHP here that the Christians meet and exceed the expectations Christ and the Apostles set.
  10. Joined
    15 Dec '13
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 10:571 edit
    Double Amen on this one. I fully agree.

And this is why we Christians must abide in the living and available Spirit of Jesus Christ, moment by moment.

- sonship (from gswilm's id)
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 10:58

Don't make me chase you with a whip! 😠
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 11:451 edit
    Originally posted by gswilm
    Double Amen on this one. I fully agree.

And this is why we Christians must abide in the living and available Spirit of Jesus Christ, moment by moment.

- sonship (from gswilm's id)
    Abiding in Christ means you are already following his commandments. Clearly if you agree with Checkbaiter you are not following Christ and also not abiding in Him :

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

This is saying [as so many other places in the Bible], that you keep Christ commandments FIRST, THEN Christ abides in you. Making the claim that you cannot, or dont want to, or dont care to, keep his commandments is the equivalent of saying that you dont believe in Christ. Believe means to follow. If you believe Christ you follow. If you do not follow then you do not believe.

According to John and James, if you say you believe and do not follow you are a liar.

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
    (1 John 2:3-5 KJV)
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 13:29
    And it goes on .. the hypocrites, fools and liars continue to thumbsdown my posts even though its all the words of Christ and Apostles, which I quote, and they thumbsup the posts containing the interpretations of fallible men and false doctrines.

Like Christ said "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way [mainstream Christianity] that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life [those who follow the teachings of Jesus Christ] and few there be that find it. (Matthew 7:13-14 KJV)
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 15:53
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    Enoch
    Enoch was alive before the law was given!

If you could do these two commandments that Jesus spoke of then you would be able to "somehow" keep all 613 laws which would still be impossible!
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    30 Jun '14 15:561 edit
    Perhaps this is true in the purest form or 'completely' for loving another or God, but I do believe that we can come to a point where we choose to 'love' our neighbor or God, or go the other way. It's all about choices and what we decide we are going to do, would you agree?

Edit: Just because we may never 'completely' love our neighbor or God does not mean we don't try.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree