1. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 18:542 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    If you look at him from the head of of the bed when he's asleep, do you see 666?
    Dunno, but he was remarkably reluctant to go on the school day trip to Guildford cathedral.

(One for the film nerds, that one. That's 'movie' nerd for Suzianne.)
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 19:372 edits
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Dunno, but he was remarkably reluctant to go on the school day trip to Guildford cathedral.

(One for the film nerds, that one. That's 'movie' nerd for Suzianne.)
    Not sure what movie this refers to, but this cathedral seems very nice, I'd like to visit if I ever make it to London.

Is it Anglican, or something more multi-denominational? (It seems Anglican, but the website doesn't actually say.)
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 19:41
    Will I be part of microchipping pets?
    Microchipping pets is commonplace here in the US, countless lost pets are returned to their owners every year because most all vets and shelters and municipal and county dog pounds have scanners that can read the info on the chip.

Not the same, nor for the same reason, as putting these in humans.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 19:54
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Microchipping pets is commonplace here in the US, countless lost pets are returned to their owners every year because most all vets and shelters and municipal and county dog pounds have scanners that can read the info on the chip.

Are you saying that microchips are the "mark of the beast"?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 20:03
    Are you saying that microchips are the "mark of the beast"?
    I believe this is the OP's contention.

I don't have enough information to come to that exact conclusion yet, but it seems likely. More likely than the mark being a roman coin in Nero's time.
  6. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 20:59
    Not sure what movie this refers to, but this cathedral seems very nice, I'd like to visit if I ever make it to London.

Is it Anglican, or something more multi-denominational? (It seems Anglican, but the website doesn't actually say.)
    Guildford Cathedral was the location for the scene in The Omen where the young Satan is taken to church by his parents and throws a fit until he is taken home.

I expect it's Anglican, as I went to an Anglican school quite close and we went on trips there from time to time.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 04:27
    I believe this is the OP's contention.

I don't have enough information to come to that exact conclusion yet, but it seems likely. More likely than the mark being a roman coin in Nero's time.
    So if they come out with any "mark" that gets implanted in your right hand or forehead, will you take the mark?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 04:28

I met a lady the other day that keeps a flash drive on her medical bracelet. She said it helped save her life and pushes for others to have one.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 15:05
    Originally posted by whodey
    So if they come out with any "mark" that gets implanted in your right hand or forehead, will you take the mark?
    Absolutely not.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 15:06
    I met a lady the other day that keeps a flash drive on her medical bracelet. She said it helped save her life and pushes for others to have one.
    That's a little different than an implanted microchip containing your banking information.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 15:081 edit
    Guildford Cathedral was the location for the scene in The Omen where the young Satan is taken to church by his parents and throws a fit until he is taken home.

I expect it's Anglican, as I went to an Anglican school quite close and we went on trips there from time to time.
    Okay, I've seen The Omen, but it was a long time ago.

Yes, I thought it seemed Anglican to me, too.

Edit: and Damien is not a "young Satan". He is supposed to be the AntiChrist.
  12. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 17:02
    Okay, I've seen The Omen, but it was a long time ago.

Yes, I thought it seemed Anglican to me, too.

Edit: and Damien is not a "young Satan". He is supposed to be the AntiChrist.
    I am happy to be corrected, it was a long time since I saw the film also.

Though, in my defence, Christians haven't exactly been of one voice over who Christ is in relation to God, so whose to say? Maybe they are two parts of the Satanic Trinity?
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 17:30
    This is of course not much different from having emergency numbers on your cell phone.
    Of course your cell phone can be recorded by the NSA, any if it has GPS, your whereabouts can be tracked too.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 18:231 edit

Yes Guilford cathedral was a set in the omen. I live not far from it and coincidentally visited it this year out of sad movie curiosity. It looks exactly as it did in the movie. Yes it's Anglican.

Movie
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s2h9HuqmWC8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Ds2h9HuqmWC8

Wiki
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guildford_Cathedral

Homepage
    http://www.guildford-cathedral.org
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 19:34
    Though, in my defence, Christians haven't exactly been of one voice over who Christ is in relation to God, so whose to say? Maybe they are two parts of the Satanic Trinity?
    99% of Christians understand that Jesus is the Son of God, but what we differ on is whether Jesus is Divine (Trinity concept).

As much as Satan tries to mimic God, I find he fails with the Trinity concept. I mean yeah, I get the God/Satan part and the Jesus Christ/AntiChrist part, but I don't understand what "satanic" character can be compared with the Holy Spirit.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree