1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 23:041 edit
    Words of Jesus

He said to them, “Have you not read that He Who made them in the first place made them man and woman? 5 It says, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will live with his wife. The two will become one.’ 6 So they are no longer two but one. Let no man divide what God has put together

Notice the reason given as to why a man and woman get married and become one. The reason given was that God created man and woman.

Here is the Genesis account of the first marriage according to Jesus

So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place. 22 The Lord God [t]fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man. 23 The man said,

“This is now bone of my bones,
    And flesh of my flesh;
    [u]She shall be called [v]Woman,
    Because [w]she was taken out of [x]Man.”
    24 For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. 25 And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.

God made woman specifically to be man's mate. This is how God ordained it from the beginning and is what Jesus validated.

Perhaps there is something in the Bible I am missing.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 23:14
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Words of Jesus

[b]He said to them, “Have you not read that He Who made them in the first place made them man and woman? 5 It says, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will live with his wife. The two will become one.’ 6 So they are no longer two but one. Let no man divide what God has put together

Notice the reason given ...[text shortened]... beginning and is what Jesus validated.

Perhaps there is something in the Bible I am missing.[/b]
    Suppose the man does not leave his father and mother. Instead he lives with his parents, is he violating that commandment of Christ?
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 23:25
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Suppose the man does not leave his father and mother. Instead he lives with his parents, is he violating that commandment of Christ?
    Matthew 14

The disciples *said to Him, “If the relationship of the man with his wife is like this, it is better not to marry.” 11 But He said to them, “Not all men can accept this statement, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother’s womb; and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men; and there are also eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. He who is able to accept this, let him accept it.”

As you can see, Jesus says it is better not to marry as long as you are able to live a life without sex.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 23:38
    Matthew 14

[b] The disciples *said to Him, “If the relationship of the man with his wife is like this, it is better not to marry.” 11 But He said to them, “Not all men can accept this statement, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother’s womb; and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by ...[text shortened]... an see, Jesus says it is better not to marry as long as you are able to live a life without sex.
    Lol .. you are a comedian 😀
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 23:40
    Lol .. you are a comedian 😀
    Just as Jesus was.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 00:591 edit
    Words of Jesus

[b]He said to them, “Have you not read that He Who made them in the first place made them man and woman? 5 It says, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will live with his wife. The two will become one.’ 6 So they are no longer two but one. Let no man divide what God has put together

Notice the reason given ...[text shortened]... beginning and is what Jesus validated.

Perhaps there is something in the Bible I am missing.

Eladar is once again being deceitful. He has intentionally left out the beginning of that passage in an attempt to deceive:
    Matthew 19
    3Some Pharisees came to Jesus, testing Him and asking, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any reason at all?”

I know it was intentional because just a few days ago he brought this up in another thread and I posted the following in response:
    Jesus was asked, ""Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?". So naturally He answered in the context of a man and woman. He makes no mention of homosexuality there or elsewhere.

This is an example of how Eladar takes verses out of context so that he can use the Bible as a weapon to further his bigotry, just as the KKK takes verses out of context so that they can further their bigotry.

Evidently Eladar has missed the following words of Jesus which seem to be speaking directly to him:
    John 8
    43“Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word. 44“You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 01:14
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [b]Perhaps there is something in the Bible I am missing.

Eladar is once again being deceitful. He has intentionally left out the beginning of that passage in an attempt to deceive:
    Matthew 19
    3Some Pharisees came to Jesus, testing Him and asking, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any reason at all?”

I know it was ...[text shortened]... e speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies. [/quote][/b]
    Why was woman created?
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 01:20
    Why was woman created?
    You need to ask ?
    You are more badly off than I thought.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 01:26
    You need to ask ?
    You are more badly off than I thought.
    I am waiting for the obvious answer from the apostate.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 04:45
    Matthew 14

[b] The disciples *said to Him, “If the relationship of the man with his wife is like this, it is better not to marry.” 11 But He said to them, “Not all men can accept this statement, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother’s womb; and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by ...[text shortened]... an see, Jesus says it is better not to marry as long as you are able to live a life without sex.
    This is not in Matthew 14
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 04:48
    I am waiting for the obvious answer from the apostate.
    Get your gluttony under control before you start throwing around accusations like that. Even then...still don't bother accusing in this way.
  12. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 06:42
    Words of Jesus

You know that marriage existed before the bible, right?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 09:09
    Originally posted by divegeester
    This is not in Matthew 14
    It's Matthew 19.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 10:362 edits
    Marriage in the Bible is pointer and window into the heart of God concerning His eternal purpose. Marriage certainly has a practical use in human society from the creation of man. But beyond this practical purpose of providing the God ordained unit into which new human beings are best to be born, marriage points way beyond this to the eternal purpose for which God created all things, especially human beings.

Please notice the little word BUT in the following passage about marriage [my emphasis] :

" For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother and shall be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.

This mystery is great, BUT ... I speak with regard to Christ and the church." (Eph. 5:31,32)

Marriage - the joining of the woman to the man to be one flesh points to a most profound matter transcending mere culture of human society. "but I speak with regard to Christ and the church".

Marriage is a pointer designed by God to inform us of His eternal purpose that God incarnate come and be join His redeemed and saved people to Himself that they may be one entity in union.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 10:47
    " For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother and shall be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh. This mystery is great, but I speak with regard to Christ and the church." (Eph. 5:31,32)

From God's perspective there is only one male - Christ.
    From god's perspective there is ONE Husband- Himself.
    And God Himself has become incarnated in the God-man Jesus Christ.

From the perspective of God there is only one wife - one female.
    That corporate female is the ekklesis - the called out ones - the church.
    The body of human beings collectively called out, redeemed, saved, reborn and destined to be conformed to the image of Christ is the Wife.

Whether you are man or woman, in the sense that God's eternal purpose is to be joined to His people we are all a collective female.

The final entity which Christ cannot fail to obtain is a group of people brought OUT of Him and brought BACK to Him to join Him to be one.

The Bible closes with a marriage in Revelation 21 and 22 of the Triune God and the New Jersusalem a collective entity brought out of God and brought back to God to be one with God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree