1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 10:52
    In Genesis marriage is before the entrance of sin. This indicates that before there was a problem of sin and death God already had an eternal plan. This plan is quite apart from solving the sin issue.

I do not mean that God does not solve the sin issue. And I do not mean He doesn't care about the sin issue. I mean that before there was a sin issue there was already an eternal purpose of God concerning the creation of man.

The entrance of sin causes God to do some remedial work to bring man back to His pre-ordained eternal purpose. The joining of Adam to his wife is described prior to the problem of sin and death. This should indicate that something more basic is involved in God's creation besides solely the forgiveness of sins.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 10:582 edits
    We're talking about marriage according the the Bible.

God considers that as the Creator He is also created man's Husband.
    Therefore in a sense we are all a collective female - to God's mind the one and only Wife, a Woman, a Female.

Isaiah 54:5 says the Creator of Israel is the Husband - God.

"For your Maker is your Husband; Jehovah of hosts is His name. And the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; He is called the God of all the earth." (Isa. 54:5)

If God is your Creator, in one sense He views you as intended to be His Spouse - His Wife. "Your Maker is your Husband".
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 11:31
    In the consummation of history, in the conclusion of all of God's work of salvation, all the saved are a female - a wife. In a sense the only man is God.

Here we get a brief glimpse of the climax of God's work in history - a marriage of a city with her Husband - God in Christ the Savior.

" And I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband." (Rev. 21:2)

The city is a great collective.
    The city is holy. That means God has dispensed Himself into man. God alone is holy (Rev. 14:4).

All other things in the universe can only be holy by two means.
    1.) set aside and dedicated to God.
    2.) receive the nature of God.

The city wife - New Jerusalem is both, set aside to be dedicated to God - consecrated to God. And she is filled with God's life. She comes OUT of God.

Just as Eve came out of Adam so the final corporate entity of God's will comes out of God Himself. The one became two and the two became one again. We see this in both the marriage of Eve with Adam and the marriage of New Jerusalem with the Redeeming Lamb - Christ as God incarnate.

Only what comes out of Christ can come back to join God.
    The joining is for eternity.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 11:35
    The marriage of the New Jerusalem with Christ actually means that man becomes God in life and nature, glory and expression but not in the Godhead.

God then became man so that man might become God in life and nature but not in His unique Godhead. God ever maintains the Head of the joining. There are attributes of God which are not communicable. But all His communicable attributes are expressed in human virtues because God will dispense His Spirit and His divine life into man.

Go back now and read about the marriage of Adam with his wife with this bird's eye view of the Bible in mind.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 14:58
    Originally posted by sonship
    The marriage of the New Jerusalem with Christ actually means that man becomes God in life and nature, glory and expression but not in the Godhead.

God then became man so that man might become God in life and nature but not in His unique Godhead. God ever maintains the Head of the joining. There are attributes of God which are not communicable. But all Hi ...[text shortened]... nd read about the marriage of Adam with his wife with this bird's eye view of the Bible in mind.
    I thought you believed that church was married to Christ?
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 15:04
    Funny how Satan's children who like to pretend to lnow God can't answer a simple question.

Why was woman created acvording to the Bible and Jesus?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 16:14
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Funny how Satan's children who like to pretend to lnow God can't answer a simple question.

Why was woman created acvording to the Bible and Jesus?
    "Satan's children"

You really are a nasty piece of work aren't you.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 16:17
    Originally posted by divegeester
    "Satan's children"

You really are a nasty piece of work aren't you.
    Are you going to answer the question?

Why was woman created?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 16:25
    Are you going to answer the question?

Why was woman created?
    As you consider me to be a child of Satan, why on earth would you be interested in my opinion...or indeed the opinions of any of the others in here whom you sneer at on a daily basis?
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 16:26
    As you consider me to be a child of Satan, why on earth would you be interested in my opinion...or indeed the opinions of any of the others in here whom you sneer at on a daily basis?
    So you can demonstrate that you are in disagreement with God.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 16:36
    So you can demonstrate that you are in disagreement with God.
    Lol, what?!
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 17:01
    Lol, what?!
    Why was woman created?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 17:03
    Why was woman created?
    Adam was having sex with the sheep.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 17:061 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Adam was having sex with the sheep.
    Why not just created another man?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 17:11
    Why not just created another man?
    Nah .. then they would spend their time making beer and booze.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree