1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 18:10
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Why was woman created?
    Because HE saw that man was alone and it was not good. It follows that it was better that man had a companion.

Now read "The wife of noble character" and report back.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 18:30
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Because HE saw that man was alone and it was not good. It follows that it was better that man had a companion.

Now read "The wife of noble character" and report back.
    So God created woman and not a man to be a man's partner in marriage.

In other words, it was God's choice that woman to be man's mate.

Do you agree that God could have chosen another man?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '17 09:451 edit
    So God created woman and not a man to be a man's partner in marriage.

In other words, it was God's choice that woman to be man's mate.

Do you agree that God could have chosen another man?
    Well he did choose to be a husband to his bride which will partly consist of men.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '17 14:511 edit
    Well he did choose to be a husband to his bride which will partly consist of men.
    He didn't choose, God created her and chose for Adam.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '17 16:09
    He didn't choose, God created her and chose for Adam.
    I was referring to Jesus.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Jul '17 16:57
    The Bible uses the term "builded" when referring to the woman that God brought forth from Eve.

"And Jehovah God BUILT the rib, which He had taken from the man, into a woman and brought her to the man." (Gen. 2:22 Recovery Version)

This underscores the point that the building of Eve Adam's wife was a high typology of Christ building the church out of what Christ IS.

Excerpt from The Glorious Church by one Watchman Nee:
    [copied without permission from http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?cid=23]

THE TYPE OF EVE

In creation two persons were created: one was Adam and the other was Eve. Both were created human beings, but each typify something different. First Corinthians 15 says that Adam was a type of the Lord Jesus, and Romans 5 says that Adam was a figure of the man who was to come. Adam, then, foreshadowed Christ; he portrayed Christ in figure. In other words, all that God purposed in Adam was to be achieved in Christ.

But besides Adam in the creation, there was also the woman, Eve. God very carefully recorded the creation of this woman in Genesis 2, and when we come to Ephesians 5 we are clearly told that Eve typifies the church. Therefore, we can see that God's eternal will is achieved partly through Christ and partly through the church. In order for us to understand how the church can achieve God's will on earth, we must learn from Eve. The purpose of this book is not to discuss the type of Adam. Therefore, we will not consider this matter here; rather, the emphasis is upon Eve. We are not focusing our thoughts upon the work of Christ, but upon the position the church occupies in relation to that work.

When we read Genesis 2:18-24 and Ephesians 5:22-32 we find that a woman is mentioned in both places. In Genesis 2 there is a woman, and in Ephesians 5 there is also a woman. The first woman is a sign typifying the church; the second woman is the first woman. The first woman was planned by God before the foundation of the world and appeared before the fall. The second woman was also planned before the foundation of the world, but was revealed after the fall. Although one appeared before the fall and the other after, there is no difference in God's sight: the church is the Eve of Genesis 2. God created Adam to typify Christ; God also created Eve to typify the church. God's purpose is not only accomplished by Christ but is also accomplished by the church. In Genesis 2:18, the Lord God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet for him." God's purpose in creating the church is that she may be the help meet of Christ. Christ alone is only half; there must be another half, which is the church. God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone." This means that in God's sight Christ alone is not good enough. Genesis 2:18-24 reiterates the events of the sixth day of creation. On the sixth day God created Adam, but afterward it seems that He considered a little and said, "No, it is not good that the man should be alone." Therefore, He created Eve for Adam. By then, everything was completed, and we find that Genesis 1 ends with this record: "And God saw every thing that He had made, and, behold, it was very good" (v. 31). From this we realize that having Adam alone, or we may say, having Christ alone, is not enough to satisfy God's heart. With God there must also be Eve, that is, there must also be the church. Then His heart will be satisfied.

Read more. Its really good.

http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?cid=23
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '17 03:15
    I was referring to Jesus.
    If you'd bother to listen to Jesus you would know after this life there is no gender.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 16:36
    Once again, why did God create woman?
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 18:59
    Originally posted by @avalanchethecat
    You know that marriage existed before the bible, right?
    Apparently some here think that Christians have a patent on marriage.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 19:03
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    Apparently some here think that Christians have a patent on marriage.
    God does.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 19:10
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Once again, why did God create woman?
    I have a horrible feeling you're going to say 'to do the ironing.'
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 19:231 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    I have a horrible feeling you're going to say 'to do the ironing.'
    No, God created woman to be man's mate.

I suppose a better way of framing the question would be to ask when God created a mate for man did he create a woman or another man?
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 07:50

I suppose a better way of framing the question would be to ask when God created a mate for man did he create a woman or another man?
    Is there any indication that Adam and Eve were married?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 08:01
    If you'd bother to listen to Jesus you would know after this life there is no gender.
    You don't know your Bible well enough Eladar. Find me the scripture that precisely says what you claim?

What the Bible says is that none will be given in marriage and that we will be like the angels.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 08:03
    Again you are incorrect, you don't know your Bible well enough Eladar.

Eve was primarily created to be Adam's "helper".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree