1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 17:241 edit
    One thing is sure. If Joseph had been the biological father of Jesus, this would have disqualified Jesus from being the Messiah.

He had to be related to David through another way. It could not have been through Joseph and He still be qualified to be the Messianic son of David - King of Israel.

Mary was also related to David. So being born of the virgin Mary preserved Christ's right to be considered as a descendent of King David to inherit the messianic throne.
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 17:24
    Originally posted by mikelom
    What a crock of shiite.

Mary still had a hymen after Christ. (Hymen was a local pimp!😛)

-m.
    i had a friend in High School name Brian Hyman and he said he was going to name his son Buster, LOL.
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 17:26

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 17:32
    Originally posted by jaywill
    One thing is sure. If Joseph had been the biological father of Jesus, this would have disqualified Jesus from being the Messiah.

He had to be related to David through another way. It could not have been through Joseph and He still be qualified to be the Messianic son of David - King of Israel.

Mary was also related to David. So being born of the v ...[text shortened]... Christ's right to be considered as a descendent of King David to inherit the messianic throne.
    I'm always amazed at how easily the family tree was maintained back in these times. It really is a wonder to behold.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 17:441 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    wee man says "man friend".
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 20:17
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Joseph was also skeptical for a while.

skepticism usually gives the appearance of wisdom.

... the appearance.
    Hallelujah!~

My sister had a God baby also, my father didn't listen to reason.

P-
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 21:23
    Originally posted by Thomas Lavery
    Matthew 1 24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

1:25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.
    I have always found this to be a strange verse in support for Mary's sexual activity. First, if you infer from the words the meaning 'He knew her after she had born her firstborn son', then the evangelist would be making quite a scandalous comment on the sexual life of a young woman -- something I do not expect any 1st century Christian would be comfortable with. Second, I don't think that it is a valid rendering of the meaning of 'until' in this case. I think in context the meaning of 'until' (heos, in the Greek, or donec, in the Latin) is merely 'up to this point in time'. What the evangelist seeks to convey is that Mary has remained virginal all through the entirety of her pregnancy. The point is not to say that Mary, after giving birth, then had sex. I can't see why the evangelist would want to so boldly declare that.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 23:37
    Phlabibit,darvlay and mikelom and any other non-christians butt out. RBHILL said he didn't want responses from the likes of you. All though your answers are the best.
    (maybe he just didn't want me answering and it was his way of throwing off...)
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 23:41
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Was Mary a virgin her whole life? I don't think it would be possible because Joseph took her as his wife. And the Bible claims Jesus had half brothers ans sisters. And when he was a yuong child he was left behind in Jerusalem by his parents so I just don't see joseph being with her and not getting some.
    Why is this of interest?
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    01 Feb '11 00:23
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why is this of interest?
    1. Well I just don't see someone being married not having sex if they are physically able to after giving birth to Jesus.

2. If Mary had other children then those blood lines would be alive today.
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    01 Feb '11 07:06
    There is a cult of Mary who believe in her perpetual virginity and also believe she is the Co-Redeemtress equal with Christ. I guess this would be the reason why this subject matters at all. Also in the natural course of things I'm sure Mary and Joseph being married and all had relations of a sexual nature.

Manny
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Feb '11 08:29
    Originally posted by menace71
    There is a cult of Mary who believe in her perpetual virginity and also believe she is the Co-Redeemtress equal with Christ. I guess this would be the reason why this subject matters at all. Also in the natural course of things I'm sure Mary and Joseph being married and all had relations of a sexual nature.

Manny

The doctrine of Mary's perpetual virginity is shared by the majority of Christians, Orthodox and Catholic. They are hardly a cult. The doctrine of the Co-Redemptrix is not espoused by any Christian church officially and is a much later development than the perpetual virginity (the perpetual virginity of Mary is first expressed in the second century in the Protoevangelium; the doctrine of the Co-Redemptrix only appeared explicitly last century.) Also, the doctrine of the Co-Redemptrix does not entail that Mary is equal with Christ; it means that Mary had a significant role in Christ's redemptive mission by accepting to bear Christ into the world. Catholics, who primarily subscribe to this doctrine (although they are not obligated to by the Catholic faith), would obviously reject the idea that Mary is equal with Christ.
  13. Wat?
    Moves
    02 Feb '11 11:05
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I'm always amazed at how easily the family tree was maintained back in these times. It really is a wonder to behold.
    It's still ruddy hard to find out who your great great grandad was nowadays, or what he did and where he lived.

Thank fuct for the bible. It explains everything about maintaining family history, relations and such.

I never could find the name of Jesus' and Mary Magdeline's kid in there tho.

God I searched, and yet you beheathened me with no answer. :'(

-m.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Feb '11 11:202 edits
    Originally posted by darvlay
    why should it be a matter of wonder? you keep a record? Indeed the Jews kept a public register which existed up until 70 C.E after which the temple was destroyed by the Romans under Titus and those genealogical records destroyed. Indeed if one was to serve in any priestly activity it was paramount that you must trace your lineage to the levitical priesthood, those who could not, were disqualified from serving.

'I have sent you a copy of that decree, registered on the tables, which concerns Hyrcanus, the son of Alexander, the high priest and ethnarch of the Jews, that it may be laid up among the public records' - Flavius Josephus, Antiquities of the Jews, book 14.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Feb '11 13:11
    Originally posted by mikelom
    I never could find the name of Jesus' and Mary Magdeline's kid in there tho.
    Only because there was no such kid.

What about "Jesus was without sin" do you not get?

Keep on reading those Dan Brown novels. They turn your brain to mush.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree