1. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 04:00
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Jesus Christ sent out his disciples to establish the Christian Church and preach the gospel throughout the world. All you have to do is look and you will see many more Christain Churches today than there were in the time of the apostles. There are Christian Churches in every part of the world today. Many are broadcasting over the airways, which was not pos ...[text shortened]... his message to only one ministry.

You can call me Pastor if you wish, I will not object. 😏
    If it is an organization why don't they all preach and teach the exact same thing?
    We do.
  2. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 04:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are you, by any chance, going to suggest a US-based non-stock, not-for-profit corporation that you happen to be a member of ~ or will you reveal this a bit later in this "honest debate" you're conducting?
    If you don't know by now who I am, you must be part ostrich.
    I have not hid it.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 04:35
    Originally posted by roigam
    If you don't know by now who I am, you must be part ostrich.
    I have not hid it.
    What is the purpose of all your disingenuous beating round the bush?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 08:44
    If it is an organization why don't they all preach and teach the exact same thing?
    We do.
    You preach and teach the exact same thing because your teaching is the Watchtower Society propaganda.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 12:00
    Since Jesus was a Jew, and the Apostles were Jews, according to Isaiah 43:10, they were all Jehovah's Witnesses.
    I wont even bother to ask anything further ... 😀.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 15:33
    Since Jesus was a Jew, and the Apostles were Jews, according to Isaiah 43:10, they were all Jehovah's Witnesses.
    Who does "all" refer to here? The Apostles or Jesus and the Apostles?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jan '16 21:44
    The Watchtower Society are not Jews.
  8. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '16 21:57
    That depends. What constitutes the "good news of the kingdom" to you? That is, how do you interpret the phrase?
  9. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    01 Feb '16 05:18
    Originally posted by Badwater
    That depends. What constitutes the "good news of the kingdom" to you? That is, how do you interpret the phrase?
    We preach the good news that Jehovah God has established His Kingdom through Christ Jesus as He promised in the Bible.

It is good news because through God's Kingdom the rebellion that started in the Garden of Eden will be brought to a halt.
    (1 John 3:8b) For this purpose the Son of God was made manifest, to break up the works of the Devil.

Then the Earth will enjoy 1000 years of peace and security under Christ's reign.

(Ephesians 6:15) ..... declare the good news of peace.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '16 05:283 edits
    The only supposed "good news" I have heard roigam talk about clearly is the news - in his view - that the world will end soon, although he doesn't know when it will happen.

The religious organisation he belongs to believes that only its members will be "saved" (8-9 million) and that everyone else will be destroyed (approximately 691,000,000,000 people).

My next door neighbours, for example, are apparently going to be destroyed seeing as they have never heard of that particular non-stock corporation with its head office in New York that roigam just so happens to favour.

It would seem that his God figure has no plan to "save" them and will therefore destroy them instead. This is not exactly everyone's idea of "good", I reckon. Presumably you have to join the organisation in order to think it is.

This is some "good news" he mentions a lot. A lot of the other stuff he talks about doesn't come across as "good", or joyful, or loving, or deserving of emulation, or particularly coherent either.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Feb '16 05:58
    This is the Good News of the Kingdom:
    Jesus said, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
    John 3:16-17
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '16 06:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    The religious organisation he belongs to believes that only its members will be "saved" (8-9 million) and that everyone else will be destroyed (approximately 691,000,000,000 people).
    That should be 6,910,000,000 of course.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Feb '16 07:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    That should be 6,910,000,000 of course.
    Is that about 6.9 billion?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Feb '16 20:44
    We preach the good news that Jehovah God has established His Kingdom through Christ Jesus as He promised in the Bible.

It is good news because through God's Kingdom the rebellion that started in the Garden of Eden will be brought to a halt.
    (1 John 3:8b) For this purpose the Son of God was made manifest, to break up the works of the Devil.

Then the Ear ...[text shortened]... ace and security under Christ's reign.

(Ephesians 6:15) ..... declare the good news of peace.
    "..HAS ESTABLISHED .." ???

Where, when and how ?

Jesus warns of false prophets like the JWs:

Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. (Matthew 24:23-27 KJV)
  15. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    01 Feb '16 23:21
    Originally posted by FMF
    The only supposed "good news" I have heard roigam talk about clearly is the news - in his view - that the world will end soon, although he doesn't know when it will happen.

...[text shortened]... oss as "good", or joyful, or loving, or deserving of emulation, or particularly coherent either.
    (2 Thessalonians 1:6-10) This takes into account that it is righteous on God’s part to repay tribulation to those who make tribulation for you. 7 But you who suffer tribulation will be given relief along with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with his powerful angels 8 in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance on those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus. 9 These very ones will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction from before the Lord and from the glory of his strength, 10 at the time when he comes to be glorified in connection with his holy ones and to be regarded in that day with wonder among all those who exercised faith, because the witness we gave met with faith among you.

Nobody says you have to believe the bible. God gave us free will to chose what we want to believe but we will answer for our choice.

It is good news for all the earth that God will bring vengence upon those who (by choice) do not know God or obey the good news from Christ Jesus. Those are the ones who continue to do evil in the Earth and hurt other people.

We look for the time for the good things God has promised to be realized.
    i.e. (Psalm 37:9-11) For evil men will be done away with, But those hoping in Jehovah will possess the earth. 10 Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. 11 But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

Just as a caution:
    (Matthew 12:31, 32) “For this reason I say to you, every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven. 32 For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come.
    We believe that, do you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree