1. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Jun '16 15:251 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You are supposed to be a believer in God, one of His own and you do not know the
    answer to these questions....SERIOUSLY?
    I know the answer .. you dont apparently.
    I answered it for you.
    See my previous post
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Jun '16 15:39
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I will answer it for you again.

1. A person follows Gods lead by:
    [b] following the teachings of His Son Jesus Christ

2. A person does the good works God has for them by:
    following the teachings of His Son Jesus Christ

Those like YOU KJ who constantly try to reduce, make light of, condemn, ignore the teachings of Jesus by:
    - Fabricat ...[text shortened]... God IS JESUS CHRIST.
    Gods good works that he has for Christians IS THE COMMANDMENTS OF CHRIST.[/b]
    If that is what you think you are in error, if you renounce the Holy Spirit's part in your life
    you have rejected what God has done for you only to 'earn' your own way in by walking
    out letter of scripture avoiding the Spirit of God.

You have not yet responded to the scripture provided to you about the need for the
    Holy Spirit in our lives. Why is that?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Jun '16 16:031 edit
    If that is what you think you are in error, if you renounce the Holy Spirit's part in your life
    you have rejected what God has done for you only to 'earn' your own way in by walking
    out letter of scripture avoiding the Spirit of God.

You have not yet responded to the scripture provided to you about the need for the
    Holy Spirit in our lives. Why is that?
    I see no question from you about the need for the Holy Spirit.
    The Holy Spirit or the Comforter is the guiding force that God sends for Christians.
    And Yes the Holy Spirit is a guiding force in my life.

Contrary to what you think, even those with this guiding force can and do fall away.

Where does the Bible speak of these 'special good works' God has for Christians.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Jun '16 16:34
    The Holy Spirit or the Comforter is the guiding force that God sends for Christians.

Contrary to what you think, even those with this guiding force can and do fall away.

Where does the Bible speak of these 'special good works' God has for Christians.
    You must have selective reading skills or something, I'm not going to repeat myself if you don't want to take part in a conversation I can not make you.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Jun '16 18:13
    You said basically 4 things.
    1. I think those that turn their lives over to God through Jesus Christ, who receive God's Spirit,
    2. and walk out the remainder of their days following God's lead in their lives,
    3. doing the good works God had for them to do
    4. will without a doubt be REVIELVED as a son of God..

Im interested in bible suppo ...[text shortened]... e logic of your doctrine and neither is your doctrine clearly stated by Christ. Please clarify.
    "However you, in this thread has suggested that following these teachings of Jesus, means that the person is following a righteousness of their own, instead of following Gods righteousness. How do you arrive at that?"

Did you read where I said that those that belong to Christ receive the Spirit of God and
    that God's Spirit will lead them into the works God has for them?
    I have given you scripture for that countless times. There is NOTHING about doing
    anything on your own in what I have said.

There is nothing about what I have said that does not take into account we still have
    the written Word of God that we should be reading, but it does take us out of the flesh
    and puts us some place where God can direct us. Without which all we have is the letter
    and the letter kills, it is the Spirit that gives life.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Jun '16 18:14

repeat:
    "I have to rely on Jesus Christ for my own righteousness not my own. I do not reject Jesus
    teachings either. Please give examples of both of these.

Now I have answered some of your questions, maybe not to satisfaction, but I did the
    best I could. I have a couple of questions for you.

1. Is the Spirit of God required to belong to God now in this life time?

2. Can you please God and live a life fulfilling all God requires without the Spirit of God
    in this life time?"
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Jun '16 18:17
    I will answer it for you again.

1. A person follows Gods lead by:
    [b] following the teachings of His Son Jesus Christ

2. A person does the good works God has for them by:
    following the teachings of His Son Jesus Christ

Those like YOU KJ who constantly try to reduce, make light of, condemn, ignore the teachings of Jesus by:
    - Fabricat ...[text shortened]... God IS JESUS CHRIST.
    Gods good works that he has for Christians IS THE COMMANDMENTS OF CHRIST.[/b]
    If you'd followed the teachings of Jesus Christ you would not think saying the Holy Spirit is
    not part of Jesus' teachings.

John 14:25-27 English Standard Version (ESV)

25 “These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Jun '16 18:181 edit

"And Yes the Holy Spirit is a guiding force in my life. "

If this were true why do you question me over how and why He leads?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jun '16 09:32
    ... Without which all we have is the letter
    and the letter kills, it is the Spirit that gives life.
    The Spirit gives life and ...Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

The words of Jesus are spirit and are life.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jun '16 09:33
    "And Yes the Holy Spirit is a guiding force in my life. "

If this were true why do you question me over how and why He leads?
    I am questioning YOU and YOUR interpretation of those passages
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jun '16 09:37
    If you'd followed the teachings of Jesus Christ you would not think saying the Holy Spirit is
    not part of Jesus' teachings.

John 14:25-27 English Standard Version (ESV)

25 “These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to yo ...[text shortened]... s the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
    The Holy Spirit is guiding the lives of some people. These some people are chosen by God and one of the critieria is that they must be following the teachings of Christ.

Not all who claim to the Christian are guided by the HS.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jun '16 09:38
    repeat:
    "I have to rely on Jesus Christ for my own righteousness not my own. I do not reject Jesus
    teachings either. Please give examples of both of these.

Now I have answered some of your questions, maybe not to satisfaction, but I did the
    best I could. I have a couple of questions for you.

1. Is the Spirit of God required to belong to God now ...[text shortened]... God and live a life fulfilling all God requires without the Spirit of God
    in this life time?"
    1. Yes, 2 No.

However whoever belongs to God is not public knowledge.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jun '16 10:39
    I am questioning YOU and YOUR interpretation of those passages
    Then fine I shall also question you too!
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jun '16 11:001 edit
    The Holy Spirit is guiding the lives of some people. These some people are chosen by God and one of the critieria is that they must be following the teachings of Christ.

Not all who claim to the Christian are guided by the HS.
    I have shared that God gives His Spirit to His own, Luke 11:11-13 spells out how and why.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jun '16 12:01
    The Spirit gives life and ...Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

The words of Jesus are spirit and are life.
    Yes, they are and the Holy Spirit is given to us to teach us about Christ as well, one truth
    does not void the other.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree