1. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 17:36
    What do you spritual forum posters think about mediums? Two of my freinds are going to a medium to converse with thier dead relitives, one her doughter and the other her mum, and both beleive it is real and helps.

My feeling is it's a bad idea and nothing good can come of it. But maybe you have tried it?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 20:05
    Originally posted by yo its me
    What do you spritual forum posters think about mediums? Two of my freinds are going to a medium to converse with thier dead relitives, one her doughter and the other her mum, and both beleive it is real and helps.

My feeling is it's a bad idea and nothing good can come of it. But maybe you have tried it?
    I haven't tried it. I think there are a lot of fakes, however There are also some authentic ones.

Note: Not everyone should dabble in this kind of stuff.
  3. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 21:42
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I haven't tried it. I think there are a lot of fakes, however There are also some authentic ones.

Note: Not everyone should dabble in this kind of stuff.
    Not everyone- but it safe for strong people?
    I've been looking up some Bible references about it. Have you read Isaiah ch8? I find it hard to really grasp what passages are about, what they're really saying. I think this chapter is saying consulting a medium means rejecting God. Neither of my freinds are Christians but both are looking, as a Christian it is my duty to advise them. They know me and I'd feel like a hypocrite telling them of the love of God. If they're putting themselves in danger I must say something.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 21:54
    I've been looking up some Bible references about it. Have you read Isaiah ch8? I find it hard to really grasp what passages are about, what they're really saying. I think this chapter is saying consulting a medium means rejecting God. Neither of my freinds are Christians but both are looking, as a Christian it ...[text shortened]... lling them of the love of God. If they're putting themselves in danger I must say something.
    Hi Yo, if you are looking for clear Biblical guidance on the matter, see what you think of Duet: 18. from vs 9.
  5. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 22:15
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Hi Yo, if you are looking for clear Biblical guidance on the matter, see what you think of Duet: 18. from vs 9.
    Thank you, that's pretty clear.
    I'll have to think of a way of saying something.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 23:52
    I've been looking up some Bible references about it. Have you read Isaiah ch8? I find it hard to really grasp what passages are about, what they're really saying. I think this chapter is saying consulting a medium means rejecting God. Neither of my freinds are Christians but both are looking, as a Christian it ...[text shortened]... lling them of the love of God. If they're putting themselves in danger I must say something.
    I dont even know its safe for strong people.
    you really got to examine your motives for wanting to go to see a medium.
    Like if your path in life cLEARLY leads you there then maybe you need to learn something from a medium, but as far as the popular depictions of mediums go, I really think its a bit foolish ,at least, and quite dangerous if you are not careful.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 01:13

According to the Bible at Eccl 9: 5,6,10 the dead are consciense of nothing at all. So according to the Bible, if you do talk to someone, it will not be your relitive.
    Also check out Lev 19:31.
    2Kings 21:6
    Duet 18:10-12.
    Thanks...
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 01:22
    Originally posted by galveston75
    According to the Bible at Eccl 9: 5,6,10 the dead are consciense of nothing at all. So according to the Bible, if you do talk to someone, it will not be your relitive.
    Thanks...
    Nope,your wrong there dear friend. The dead have 49 days max to get out of here. In that time they can contact family members,etc. to fullfill their desires that may be lingering after after their deaths.

I dont need to quote the bible but if that turns you no well great. I simply dont view it as some be all and end all authority on spiritual matters. Not to say it doesn't have something to offer.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 02:08
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Nope,your wrong there dear friend. The dead have 49 days max to get out of here. In that time they can contact family members,etc. to fullfill their desires that may be lingering after after their deaths.

I dont need to quote the bible but if that turns you no well great. I simply dont view it as some be all and end all authority on spiritual matters. Not to say it doesn't have something to offer.
    49 days? What's that about?
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 02:09
    Thanks...
    I also would have to agree with G75 on this one. If you talking to someone it might be supernatural but it can't be good. Possibly Demons?
    Or the medium is a whack job trying to get money off poor unsuspecting people. I believe the occult & witchcraft is very real but you have to ask yourself where does the source of that power come from? Of course there are always fakes.

Manny
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 02:13
    Originally posted by menace71
    I also would have to agree with G75 on this one. If you talking to someone it might be supernatural but it can't be good. Possibly Demons?
    Or the medium is a whack job trying to get money off poor unsuspecting people. I believe the occult & witchcraft is very real but you have to ask yourself where does the source of that power come from? Of course there are always fakes.

Manny
    Good comment Manny.. Your ok....
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 04:01
    49 days? What's that about?
    I'm pretty sure its a Hindu thing.
  13. England
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 10:35
    saul [first king of the jews] did and awoke samuel from his sleep, he had previously outlawed the practice. and was told he and his sons would die on the same day.
    But since we christians belive god is not of the dead but of the living, the only question is "are they genuine" the mediums. ive never tried it myself, the nearest ive tried is the tarot cards, and the best i can say is at least i found it funny, but no way true
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 10:49
    If you can find it watch Derron Browns 'Seance'. He's an English magician, illusionist, mentalist, painter and sceptic if you don't know him. He conducted a seance with some student volunteers, they though what was going on was real but really he was in control of everything. Amazing results.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree