1. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    10 Oct '16 03:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    No. I would say that anyone who acts upon their superstitions or religious beliefs in a grossly immoral way ~ from restriction of basic human rights at one end of the scale, to atrocities such as murder ~ is "evil".

I believe it is [b]actions
    that are "evil" and not ideas or beliefs that are not acted upon. Like I said, you claim God has co ...[text shortened]... unsound - or "evil", as you put it. I don't support there being such a thing as "thoughtcrimes".[/b]
    Which do you think is more likely to be true, a religion that teaches you to love your enemies and do good to those that persecute you, to repay evil with good, or a religion that teaches you to kill the unbeliever?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '16 04:02
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Which do you think is more likely to be true, a religion that teaches you to love your enemies and do good to those that persecute you, to repay evil with good, or a religion that teaches you to kill the unbeliever?
    I don't think any supernatural being has revealed itself to either Christians or Muslims, so I have no reason to believe either is "more likely to be true". It's like me asking you ~ a Christian ~ which set of gods is more "more likely to be true", the Greek ones or the Norse ones. I am supposed to second guess what a supernatural entity ~ about whom I have no knowledge and no evidence ~ might or might not want or offer, and then compare it to what the adherents to a couple of retail religions just so happen to think? It's a rather silly question.
  3. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    10 Oct '16 04:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't think any supernatural being has revealed itself to either Christians or Muslims, so I have no reason to believe either is "more likely to be true". It's like me asking you ~ a Christian ~ which set of gods is more "more likely to be true", the Greek ones or the Norse ones. I am supposed to second guess what a supernatural entity ~ about whom I have no k ...[text shortened]... adherents to a couple of retail religions just so happen to think? It's a rather silly question.
    Why do you think a supernatural being hasn't revealed itself to Christians? If you have good reason to think so please share it.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '16 04:28
    Why do you think a supernatural being hasn't revealed itself to Christians? If you have good reason to think so please share it.
    You have already asked me this several times and I have already responded to it.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '16 04:34
    ...a religion that teaches you to love your enemies and do good to those that persecute you, to repay evil with good...
    You have stated that you believe that someone who is 'angry with his brother' is equally as "evil" as someone who murders millions of people in extermination camps using purpose built gas ovens. How should the "evil" perpetrated by Adolf Eichmann have been "repaid with good" by Christians according to your ideology? Assuming you see them as your enemies, do you "love" members of ISIS?
  6. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    10 Oct '16 04:34
    You have only said you think so, you have never told me exactly why and given me a good reason why you think so.

Surely you should have something more that just a gut feeling to build your entire worldview on?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '16 04:37
    Surely you should have something more that just a gut feeling to build your entire worldview on?
    My "entire worldview" is not ~ strangely enough ~ built upon the fact that I am not a member of the same religion as you just so happen to subscribe to.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '16 04:40
    You have only said you think so, you have never told me exactly why and given me a good reason why you think so.
    I've told you where you can find the detailed answers ~ if your curiosity is genuine. I'm not interested in typing stuff on that topic for you and I am not the slightest bit concerned by whether you thing my reasons for anything are "good" enough for you. 😉
  9. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    10 Oct '16 04:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    You have stated that you believe that someone who is 'angry with his brother' is equally as "evil" as someone who murders millions of people in extermination camps using purpose built gas ovens. How should the "evil" perpetrated by Adolf Eichmann have been "repaid with good" by Christians according to your ideology? Assuming you see them as your enemies, do you "love" members of ISIS?
    I said they are both guilty of murder in God's sight, and the punishment for murder is the same. You are the one that said they are 'equally evil'. The Bible says we should love our enemies, not kill them.
  10. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    10 Oct '16 04:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    My "entire worldview" is not ~ strangely enough ~ built upon the fact that I am not a member of the same religion as you just so happen to subscribe to.
    Oh yes it is built on a gut feeling, how could I forget.
  11. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    10 Oct '16 04:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    I've told you where you can find the detailed answers ~ if your curiosity is genuine. I'm not interested in typing stuff on that topic for you and I am not the slightest bit concerned by whether you thing my reasons for anything are "good" enough for you. 😉
    Yes supposedly your entire posting history... Same old cop out.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '16 04:44
    Oh yes it is built on a gut feeling, how could I forget.
    My "gut feeling" about how we are perhaps hard wired as moral beings ~ maybe as a result of some kind of deity ~ has pretty much nothing to do with my "entire world view". You are simply projecting stuff on to me.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '16 04:45
    Yes supposedly your entire posting history... Same old cop out.
    I see you as a poster who is not worth the effort.
  14. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    10 Oct '16 04:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    My "gut feeling" about how we are perhaps hard wired as moral beings ~ maybe as a result of some kind of deity ~ has pretty much nothing to do with my "entire world view". You are simply projecting stuff on to me.
    My worldview is built upon my belief in God as revealed in the Bible. What is your worldview built upon?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '16 04:48
    You are the one that said they are 'equally evil'.
    You claimed that someone who is 'angry with his brother' is equally as "evil" as someone who murders millions of people. Not me. I don't think someone who is 'angry with his brother' is "evil" at all, whereas I think that someone who murders millions of people is. It's ludicrous. The 'all evil is equally evil' doctrine is yours, not mine.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree