Memorable Conversions

Memorable Conversions

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
10 Oct 16

Originally posted by FMF
I see you as a poster who is not worth the effort.
Another theory is you can't answer my question, and you are hiding behind the excuse that I am not worth the effort.

F

Moves
10 Oct 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
My worldview is built upon my belief in God as revealed in the Bible. What is your worldview built upon?
My worldview is built on nearly five decades of reading books about history, religion, philosophy, anthropology and, most of my adult life, living an active, productive, eclectic life in half a dozen different cultures around the world .

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
10 Oct 16

Originally posted by FMF
You claimed that someone who is 'angry with his brother' is equally as "evil" as someone who murders millions of people. Not me. I don't think someone who is 'angry with his brother' is "evil" at all, whereas I think that someone who murders millions of people is. It's ludicrous. The 'all evil is equally evil' doctrine is yours, not mine.
I said in God eyes, if you get angry with your brother you may as well have murdered him, so it is written in the Bible.

Without the existence of God, there is no real reason why 'good' and 'evil' should exist in the first place.

F

Moves
10 Oct 16

Another theory is you can't answer my question, and you are hiding behind the excuse that I am not worth the effort.
But you are not worth the effort, in my view. What else can I say about that? And 30,000 or so posts ~ most of them forthright enough to rub a fair few people up the wrong way ~ on a Spirituality Forum ~ can hardly be described as "hiding"

F

Moves
10 Oct 16

I said in God eyes, if you get angry with your brother you may as well have murdered him, so it is written in the Bible.
So why did you just contradict me and say: "You are the one that said they are equally evil" when a couple of posts later, here, you admit it is your view after all?

F

Moves
10 Oct 16

Without the existence of God, there is no real reason why 'good' and 'evil' should exist in the first place.
If it is your belief in "the existence of God" that stops you from murdering millions of people, then I welcome it, and say good for you.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
10 Oct 16

Originally posted by FMF
But you are not worth the effort, in my view. What else can I say about that? And 30,000 or so posts ~ most of them forthright enough to rub a fair few people up the wrong way ~ on a Spirituality Forum ~ can hardly be described as "hiding"
You have everything but 'forthright' in answering my simple straightforward question.

F

Moves
10 Oct 16

You have everything but 'forthright' in answering my simple straightforward question.
Be that as it may ~ tell yourself whatever you want. I'm telling myself that you're a poster who is not worth the effort. 😛

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
10 Oct 16

Originally posted by FMF
So why did you just contradict me and say: "You are the one that said they are equally evil" when a couple of posts later, here, you admit it is your view after all?
I did not say muderering one person is the same as mudering millions.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
10 Oct 16

Originally posted by FMF
Be that as it may ~ tell yourself whatever you want. I'm telling myself that you're a poster who is not worth the effort. 😛
A.K.A: "FMF cop out."

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
10 Oct 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
If it is your belief in "the existence of God" that stops you from murdering millions of people, then I welcome it, and say good for you.
But you have a problem that it encourages me not to get angry with my brother? Or not to repay evil with evil?

F

Moves
10 Oct 16

But you have a problem that it encourages me not to get angry with my brother? Or not to repay evil with evil?
Getting angry with one's brother is OK. I don't think it's "evil".

F

Moves
10 Oct 16

I did not say muderering one person is the same as mudering millions.
What you said was getting angry with one's brother, looking at someone lustfully, and murdering 6,000,000 people were all equally evil.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
10 Oct 16

Originally posted by FMF
Getting angry with one's brother is OK. I don't think it's "evil".
Why is something evil in the first place? Is it only evil because you decide it is? If you change your mind about something does it's 'evil' status also change?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
10 Oct 16

Originally posted by FMF
What you said was getting angry with one's brother, looking at someone lustfully, and murdering 6,000,000 people were all equally evil.
Those actions are all sinful, I may be wrong but I am not in a position to say one sin is worse than another, God will decide.