Merry Chrstmas!!

Merry Chrstmas!!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
17 Dec 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Indeed, its about as far removed from Christ as you can get.
It depends on the person Robbie.

Infidel

Moves
17 Dec 13

Originally posted by whodey
Ba king Rat!!

There is one in every crowd.
I bet there are a lot more than one, it's just not done to say that you don't like the most wondeful time in the world.

w

Moves
17 Dec 13

Originally posted by Great King Rat
I bet there are a lot more than one, it's just not done to say that you don't like the most wondeful time in the world.
Before Moses came along, people like you worked 7 days a week.

No doubt, you would prefer that as well. 😞

rc

Moves
17 Dec 13

I think people are simply more stressed out. I get that vibe when I go shopping, as far as I can tell they are more unhappy.

Infidel

Moves
17 Dec 13

Originally posted by whodey
Before Moses came along, people like you worked 7 days a week.

No doubt, you would prefer that as well. 😞
???

Yes, I don't like Christmas so obviously I must enjoy working seven days a week. Forget about how, just a couple of posts ago, I stated that I'd like to decide for myself how I spent my vacation days. Also, forget about how I recently agreed with my employer to start working 90% instead of 100% so that I can have more free time.

Cause if you don't enjoy Christmas, you're different. And we don't like those that are different, do we?

Infidel

Moves
17 Dec 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I think people are simply more stressed out. I get that vibe when I go shopping, as far as I can tell they are more unhappy.
We live in a very "succesdriven" society where, if you don't strive to own the biggest house, the most stuff, the newest car and the most money, you're weird.

When I tell people I'm perfectly happy with my mediocre income (slightly above average I think) and have no ambition to get a "better" job (=more money), they look at me like I'm crazy.

rc

Moves
17 Dec 13
1 edit

We live in a very "succesdriven" society where, if you don't strive to own the biggest house, the most stuff, the newest car and the most money, you're weird.

When I tell people I'm perfectly happy with my mediocre income (slightly above average I think) and have no ambition to get a "better" job (=more money), they look at me like I'm crazy.
I was calling from house to house and I met an attractive lady who lived in a large Victorian villa. She was rather distressed and after a lengthy conversation stated that she was going through a divorce, her husband, a surgeon was not interested in her or their children, he was only interested in sex and money. It really hit home to me that material possessions, houses, cars, careers are meaningless if they are a source of unhappiness and relationships are what really count. People think that the persuit of these things in themselves are a source of happiness which simply is not true.