Michael the archangel

Michael the archangel

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Feb 14
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
The key questions in this are the ones Jesus asked Peter "who do men say that I am?" And "who do you say that I am?"

There are also some fundamental irrefutable truths to consider:
Jesus accepted worship/was worshiped
Angels are not to be worshipped
In Jesus dwelt the FULLNESS of the godhead in bodily form
Also the scripture I posted earlier, wh ...[text shortened]... at my response is when I'm asked "who do you say that I am?" And it won't be "you are an angel".
It seems obvious that the JWs would answer that question with ....

"You ae the archangel Michael. That is why we do not bow down to worship you. We don't worship false gods or angels."

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Feb 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
It seems obvious that the JWs would answer that question with ....

"You ae the archangel Michael. That is why we do not bow down to worship you. We don't worship false gods or angels."
Your comments are getting silly, you do know that don't you?

And no we don't not worship Jesus. If you do you are going against his own commands to worship "only his Father in heaven", aren't you?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Feb 14

The key questions in this are the ones Jesus asked Peter "who do men say that I am?" And "who do you say that I am?"

There are also some fundamental irrefutable truths to consider:
Jesus accepted worship/was worshiped
Angels are not to be worshipped
In Jesus dwelt the FULLNESS of the godhead in bodily form
Also the scripture I posted earlier, wh ...[text shortened]... at my response is when I'm asked "who do you say that I am?" And it won't be "you are an angel".
Where did Jesus say for anyone to worship him? No comments needed just the scriptures please...

Moves
03 Feb 14
2 edits

Originally posted by galveston75
Where did Jesus say for anyone to worship him? No comments needed just the scriptures please...
I didn't day he said that, I said he was worshiped. Matt 28.9 for an obvious example, but there are many others.

I wonder how Matt 28.9 is translated in your JW version of the bible...

Edit: just looked it up LOL. Actually it's not funny. If you are going to move the goal posts there really is no point discussing scriptures.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Feb 14

Your comments are getting silly, you do know that don't you?

And no we don't not worship Jesus. If you do you are going against his own commands to worship "only his Father in heaven", aren't you?
Well, I do know I am right and you just confirmed it.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Hply! Holy! Holy!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Feb 14

I didn't day he said that, I said he was worshiped. Matt 28.9 for an obvious example, but there are many others.

I wonder how Matt 28.9 is translated in your JW version of the bible...

Edit: just looked it up LOL. Actually it's not funny. If you are going to move the goal posts there really is no point discussing scriptures.
Being worshipped and allowing oneself to be worshipped are two different things......

Matthew 28:9
9 And look! Jesus met them and said: “Good day!” They approached and took hold of his feet and did obeisance* to him.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200003293?q=obeisance&p=par

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Feb 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
Well, I do know I am right and you just confirmed it.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Hply! Holy! Holy!
Lol.... you really don't care about being truthful with your worship do you? You just want to be right in your own eyes. How sad that it's that important to you to be willing to give up a true relationship with God.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Feb 14

"If I missed this forgive me but Robbie made a comment. This angel "Michael" defeats Satan the Devil, correct?
What other angel in the Bible would have this power and ability if this were not Jesus?"

Ron you out there?

Moves
03 Feb 14

Being worshipped and allowing oneself to be worshipped are two different things......

9 And look! Jesus met them and said: “Good day!” They approached and took hold of his feet and did obeisance* to him.

Your version of the bible is different to all the mainstream versions so there is little point in comparing scriptures to seek truth, is there. Ultimately we serve different gods and we each follow a different "Jesus", so we shall never find common ground.

Some here may seek to find mutual compatibility with you on certain aspects of this topic, but for me the Jehovah's Witness doctrines are so erroneous and so distasteful spiritually that I cannot, even for the sake of exploring these ideas, acquiesce the truth.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
03 Feb 14
1 edit

Jesus is indeed Michael the archangel but this does not mean that Jesus was an angel at all. It means the Captain of the host. Jesus is the commander of the host of angels. I'm read the link I posted and it makes sense. The JWs are right in a partial sense but not completely.

Manny

Moves
03 Feb 14

Originally posted by menace71
Jesus is indeed Michael the archangel but this does not mean that Jesus was an angel at all. It means the Captain of the host. Jesus is the commander of the host of angels. I'm read the link I posted and it makes sense. The JWs are right in a partial sense but not completely.

Manny
I am surprised that would believe this Manny. "Jesus is an archangel but not an angel"? I looked at that link, the page is so long, does it really require that much research to attempt to show that Jesus is Michael. The writer makes huge assumptions (the same ones the JWs do) based on ambiguous scriptures such as the "with the voice of an archangel" one.

Here is something to consider; when you look across the various so called Christian denominations, sects, cults from down the ages and also the 'trendy' movements of today and you consider where their error centres itself, it is always on the deity, identity, authority or the name of Jesus Christ.

rc

Moves
03 Feb 14
1 edit

ah yes, its one of the special instances where the eastern salutation to do obeisance suddenly becomes an act of worship in the case of Jesus.

Jesus seems to have magical effects on scripture, he can be of the creation and not a created entity at the same time, he can change indefinite predicate nouns into definite ones, he can be a firstborn of all creation but not of progeny, he can come with an archangels voice but not be an archangel,

his effect on scripture is miraculous, its only a matter of time before he rewrites the Bible entirely.

rc

Moves
03 Feb 14

I am surprised that would believe this Manny. "Jesus is an archangel but not an angel"? I looked at that link, the page is so long, does it really require that much research to attempt to show that Jesus is Michael. The writer makes huge assumptions (the same ones the JWs do) based on ambiguous scriptures such as the "with the voice of an archangel" one ...[text shortened]... rror centres itself, it is always on the deity, identity, authority or the name of Jesus Christ.
Actually Jesus made his fathers name known, infact, he prayed,

Our father in heaven, hollowed be your name (not hallowed be my name)

let your will take place (not my will)

and

Righteous Father, the world has, indeed, not come to know you; but I have come to know you, and these have come to know that you sent me forth. And I have made your name known to them and will make it known

another occasion where the fathers name miraculously becomes the sons name, wow, really wow, Jesus effect on scripture really is miraculous.

rc

Moves
03 Feb 14

I am surprised that would believe this Manny. "Jesus is an archangel but not an angel"? I looked at that link, the page is so long, does it really require that much research to attempt to show that Jesus is Michael. The writer makes huge assumptions (the same ones the JWs do) based on ambiguous scriptures such as the "with the voice of an archangel" one ...[text shortened]... rror centres itself, it is always on the deity, identity, authority or the name of Jesus Christ.
I would rather applaud Mannys objectivity and open minded approach, its truly refreshing.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
03 Feb 14