Micro evolution

Micro evolution

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a

Meddling with things

Moves
19 Jul 05

What is the mechanism that prevents a succession of microevolutionbary changes adding up to macroevolution?

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
19 Jul 05

Originally posted by aardvarkhome
What is the mechanism that prevents a succession of microevolutionbary changes adding up to macroevolution?
Fix your avatar. That's really bugging me.

a

Meddling with things

Moves
19 Jul 05

Originally posted by David C
Hot reply...next attempt please

W
Angler

River City

Moves
19 Jul 05
1 edit

Originally posted by David C
me too 😀

The mechanism you seek is the one that God forgot to create, which is why he whacks us before we live long enough to observe the changes.

a

Meddling with things

Moves
19 Jul 05

Originally posted by Wulebgr
me too 😀

The mechanism you seek is the one that God forgot to create, which is why he whacks us before we live long enough to observe the changes.
How do you do the avatar thing?

W
Angler

River City

Moves
19 Jul 05

forum settings in my profile

you need the url of an image you want

Your Eminence

Scunthorpe

Moves
19 Jul 05

Try the help forum . I believe there are several threads about this . A wee bit of cruising titles and about 5 minutes reading should give you the basic how-to . Good luck .

y

Moves
20 Jul 05

The main argument about transition from micro to macro is the comparatively small amount of empiricle evidence in support of the macro. We have and are observing changes within the lower classifications; this is no longer disputable. However, no one has observed a case of macro-evolution because it is supposedly such a long process. The next best thing is the fossil record, which shows us indirectly what has occurred. There are hypothetical "transition" fossils between higher divisions, but the record has proven to be very disappointing as far as smooth transitions between major classifications. Of course there are explanations for the scant record, but explaining them away serves dually to explain away any solid evidence that we try to draw from the fossils.
What we have beyond that is mostly comparisions among living species. Similarities among organisms can certainly be explained by descent from a common ancestor, but others can claim that it is evidence for a designer/creator.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
20 Jul 05

What is the mechanism that pushes a succession of microevolutionbary changes adding up to macroevolution?

Your Eminence

Scunthorpe

Moves
20 Jul 05

Originally posted by Coletti
What is the mechanism that pushes a succession of microevolutionbary changes adding up to macroevolution?
Natural selection .

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
20 Jul 05

Originally posted by Moldy Crow
Natural selection .
What drives natural selection?

Your Eminence

Scunthorpe

Moves
21 Jul 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Coletti
What drives natural selection?
Nothing drives natural selection . It's like you're saying "what drives the odds of a pair of dice rolling snake-eyes."

Your Eminence

Scunthorpe

Moves
21 Jul 05

Originally posted by yousers
The next best thing is the fossil record, which shows us indirectly what has occurred. There are hypothetical "transition" fossils between higher divisions, but the record has proven to be very disappointing as far as smooth transitions between major classifications. Of course there are explanations for the scant record, but explaining them away serves dually to explain away any solid evidence that we try to draw from the fossils.
This , sir is incorrect . The fossil record combined with The Theory of Punctuated Equalibrium gives a very complete picture of the evolution of higher species .

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
21 Jul 05

Nothing drives natural selection . It's like you're saying "what drives the odds of a pair of dice rolling snake-eyes."
If nothing drives it, then it must be random. And if it's random, then it does not evolve.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jul 05

Natural selection .
Natural selection is an after fact occurance, it does not drive anything.
Kelly