1. Maryland
    Moves
    29 Apr '15 16:32
    Perhaps Hinds is similar to a petty criminal........a man of many convictions!
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '15 17:151 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Attacking people who can defend themselves is one thing.

Throwing a sackful of kittens off a bridge into the river is quite another.
    In your felinacide metaphor, who here do you see as the being the "kittens"?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Apr '15 17:49
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Fellini?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Apr '15 18:39
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    At one point you said to me you were Baptist. Is that now not true? You are adding apostasy to your other crimes now?
    I was baptised in a Southern Baptist church where I am still a member. I am still a protestant and closer to that belief than any other of the denominational churches. However, I have grown in my understanding and cannot claim that all my beliefs line up with any protestant denominational church.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Apr '15 18:43
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I was baptised in a Southern Baptist church where I am still a member. I am still a protestant and closer to that belief than any other of the denominational churches. However, I have grown in my understanding and cannot claim that all my beliefs line up with any protestant denominational church.
    So you are going Muslim?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Apr '15 19:01
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you are going Muslim?
    No, I am still Christian and married to a member of the United Methodist Church, but do not wish to limit myself to any one denomination.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Apr '15 23:50
    Originally posted by divegeester
    One guess.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Apr '15 23:57
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    If he knows the minor error in every denomination, then I don't see a problem with him listing them. He could do ten a day if more than that is too much for him.
    If on the other hand, he does not know the actual error that each denomination has, but hold the belief for other reasons, then he can simply say so.
    The argument that listing them would be too ...[text shortened]... one gets the impression he actually thinks that way rather than merely being hateful as you are.
    Alright, I'll settle for even half that task from you.

Show me a list of every single Christian denomination.

I bet you can't even do that. Odds are you'll miss a few of the more unknown ones. Even Christians don't know every single denomination.

But my point was that no, he doesn't know each error in each denomination. He said he "believes", not he "knows". I think even he would tell you there was some hyperbole involved. Maybe not, though.

My secondary point is that this isn't a bonifide "challenge" in a "debate". It's a bunch of trolls on an internet forum jumping with both feet onto a guy they see as "easy prey".
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 00:001 edit
    No, I am still Christian and married to a member of the United Methodist Church, but do not wish to limit myself to any one denomination.
    So you have a Methodist wife. Thank God for small miracles. 🙂

(Methodist would be my second choice if it came down to that.)
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 02:26
    Methodist, Presbyterian, Baptist, all have committed atrocities.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 02:38
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Methodist, Presbyterian, Baptist, all have committed atrocities.
    And so has Jehovah Witnesses. 😏
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 03:28
    And so has Jehovah Witnesses. 😏
    strange we have lynched no one after a service on Sunday, not blown anyone up with bombs, not nuked anyone, not massacred defenceless women and children, not engaged in genocide, no political assassinations. No i don't think we have committed any atrocities comparable to baptists, presbyterians or methodists.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 05:17
    strange we have lynched no one after a service on Sunday, not blown anyone up with bombs, not nuked anyone, not massacred defenceless women and children, not engaged in genocide, no political assassinations. No i don't think we have committed any atrocities comparable to baptists, presbyterians or methodists.
    You rail on an on and on about other people's morality, and yet you cannot even say whether or not you would allow your own child to die rather than permit them to have a blood transfusion.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 05:50
    I don't know if any Jehovah's Witnesses were involved in those type of atrocities or not, but Jehovah's Witnesses are known for allowing their children to die by refusing blood transfusions for them which i think is an atrocity.
  15. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 07:18
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zhzdnWVqSC48.k_qIZIE0xxPI

😲

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree