1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 10:47
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I am replying specifically to a statement that was made by R.J.Hinds. It has nothing to do with your silly assumptions and petty whining about this thread or that thread. it was made in response to a comment on the forum, now if you don't like that then perhaps this is not the thread for you.
    I am replying specifically to your statement ~ "I have not said that I am drawing no moral parallel, what I have actually said is that I have drawn no moral parallel, YET and I am simply prepared to leave the matter open at present" which, in light of your supposed retractions elsewhere, portrays you in a very poor light, especially when you are attempting to browbeat Christians ~ yet again ~ about murders committed 100 or more years ago.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 10:531 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am replying specifically to your statement ~ [b]"I have not said that I am drawing no moral parallel, what I have actually said is that I have drawn no moral parallel, YET and I am simply prepared to leave the matter open at present" which, in light of your supposed retractions elsewhere, portrays you in a very poor light, especially when you are attempting to browbeat Christians ~ yet again ~ about murders committed 100 or more years ago.[/b]
    If there are any moral equivalences, as I have stated, you will be the first to know. As it stands I am still waiting to ascertain in what way we have committed similar atrocities to those that were cited. Your whining about this thread or that thread or this puts me in a poor light are not very relevant at all and infact demonstrate really that all you have to offer is a reduction to a personal level time and again with practically zero content. Ironic considering that here you are preaching to others about how their posts put them in some supposedly bad light. Perhaps you would be better served looking at yourself? who can say?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 10:59
    If there are any moral equivalences, as I have stated, you will be the first to know.
    But only two or three days ago you retracted your persistent suggestion that there is moral equivalency. Are you taking back your retraction?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 11:02
    Your whining about this thread or that thread or this puts me in a poor light are not very relevant at all and infact demonstrate really that all you have to offer is a reduction to a personal level time and again with practically zero content.
    A reduction to a personal level? Isn't that a bit rich coming from you? Only three days ago, in highly personal remarks, you were insisting that divegeester had the same moral disposition as lynch mob murderers.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 11:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    A reduction to a personal level? Isn't that a bit rich coming from you? Only three days ago, in highly personal remarks, you were insisting that divegeester had the same moral disposition as lynch mob murderers.
    I am waiting on any comments that throw light on the assertion that Jehovahs witnesses have committed similar atrocities to those that were cited. That is not a reduction to a personal argument, its a call for evidence. Now if you do not mind unless you have anything or relevancy, anything that does not attempt to reduce almost every thread that you post in to a personal level, anything with actual content I'll be glad to consider it it, otherwise your whining holds little interest for me.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 12:08
    Well then, that's one line of questioning about robbie's daft and sneering moral posturing that he is apparently unable to face up to or process. 😀
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 12:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well then, that's one line of questioning about robbie's daft and sneering moral posturing that he is apparently unable to face up to or process. 😀
    More content-less drivel. Please find the tone control and turn it all the way up.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 13:04
    So can you tell us how many children we have killed in this way so as to make a comparison with our atrocities and those of Methodists, Presbyterian and Baptists? We have already seen how Methodists, Presbyterian and Baptists have cruelly killed 4.000 persons after church services on Sundays. The Methodist preacher U.S. Army Colonel John Chivington ...[text shortened]... g of dogs to better secure the frontier borders.

In what way have we hunted others with dogs?
    Local Child Protective Services often intrude on parents' rights and take into care sick Jehovah's Witness children whose health or life is threatened by the refusal to allow a blood transfusion.

Awake! magazine for 1994-MAY-22, Page 2. The issue's cover showed photographs of 26 Jehovah's Witness children who refused a blood transfusion and subsequently died.

A 2004-SEP UK report, the Confidential Enquiry into Maternal Deaths (CEMD) stated that:
    ... the very high risk of mortality in women who refuse blood transfusion was highlighted. The death rate in this group was 1 per 1,000 maternities compared with an expected incidence of fewer than 1 per 100,000 maternities.

Marvin Shilmer, "Deaths Due To Blood Refusal," Jehovahs-Witness.com, 2007-JAN-08, at: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/

Response Jehovah's witnesses: The transfusion of blood

YouTube
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 13:06
    Seeing that no evidence has come forth it appears that R. J. Hinds statement that Jehovahs Witnesses have committed similar atrocities to those of other Christian dominations both in nature and intensity is unsubstantiated and evidently false. We have not massacred innocent women and children, we have not lynched innocent people and we have committed no acts of genocide. Infact not a single similar atrocity has been found. Quite remarkable when one considers that almost every other major religious organisation has committed these acts.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 13:113 edits
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIxgeGcoZeU[/b]
    is that the best you can do? can you tell me how that equates in your mind to

I saw the bodies of those lying there cut all to pieces, worse mutilated than any I ever saw before; the women cut all to pieces ... With knives; scalped; their brains knocked out; children two or three months old; all ages lying there, from sucking infants up to warriors ... By whom were they mutilated? By the United States troops ...
    —- John S. Smith, Congressional Testimony of Mr. John S. Smith, 1865

do you think that it amounts to the same thing? Butchering women and children? Mutilating them? Hunting them with dogs? Can you tell me how it equates in your mind to the same thing? I'd be interested to know of the thought process that you have gone through.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 13:151 edit
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIxgeGcoZeU[/b]
    Before Chivington and his men left the area, they plundered the tipis and took the horses. After the smoke cleared, Chivington's men came back and killed many of the wounded. They also scalped many of the dead, regardless of whether they were women, children or infants. Chivington and his men dressed their weapons, hats and gear with scalps and other body parts, including human fetuses and male and female genitalia.[33] They also publicly displayed these battle trophies in Denver's Apollo Theater and area saloons.

Can you tell me how that equates to a similar atrocity in your mind, I want to understand the thought process.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 13:55
    is that the best you can do? can you tell me how that equates in your mind to

I saw the bodies of those lying there cut all to pieces, worse mutilated than any I ever saw before; the women cut all to pieces ... With knives; scalped; their brains knocked out; children two or three months old; all ages lying there, from sucking infants up to wa ...[text shortened]... to the same thing? I'd be interested to know of the thought process that you have gone through.
    You provide something from 1865 while I provide much more recent information. No telling how many children there were that died becasue they were refused blood transfusions, if all the world was considered.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 14:13
    It has nothing to do with your silly assumptions and petty whining about this thread or that thread.
    When you talk about "petty whining" are you referring to me challenging your accusation that I am as immoral, ignorant, prejudiced and bigoted as the perpetrators of the 19th/20th century black lynchings?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 14:171 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You provide something from 1865 while I provide much more recent information. No telling how many children there were that died becasue they were refused blood transfusions, if all the world was considered.
    No you made the statement that we have committed similar atrocities, i want to know in what sense are they similar? do you think that mutilating women, gouging out their unborn children with knives and parading them as trophies is the same thing? In what sense is that similar.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Apr '15 14:172 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    When you talk about "petty whining" are you referring to me challenging your accusation that I am as immoral, ignorant, prejudiced and bigoted as the perpetrators of the 19th/20th century black lynchings?
    More drivel that has nothing to do with the subject under discussion. Drop kicked into touch, neeeext. Sigh. . . . they never learn.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree