1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 09:40
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Of course god is not real. I am just trying to get him to develop some rational thinking skills.
    Ok joe, thnx 🙂
  2. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 23:53
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    In Sweden the weather will be snowy, the winter is coming, and the roads will be icy and slippery.

I would love to see a commersial ad, something like this:

"Holy tires for sale!
    Blessed by the bishop for higher friction!
    Garanteed to prevent accidents for baptized drivers!"

And this would be possible if Christian Science is possible. It is n ...[text shortened]... t possible according to known science. Therefore we can safely laugh at the proposed ad above.
    You are welcome to call me a liar, I know different, however, you know not
  3. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    23 Oct '10 00:002 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    How do you know it was "christian science " that saved you?
    Christian science. What the hell is that anyway?
    It is the awakening from all the ignorance man is so entangled to, and shackled from, and I -Highly- recommend you take a gander at this~

http://www.spirituality.com/dt/toc_sh.jhtml

Check out fruitage, the 100 pages of healings just by reading this grand book, and the opening of their eyes to acknowledge they have always known, it is just RECALLING what is real from the dream man has made Life. (was written 100 yrs ago)

This book is the world's wake up call to reality. In fact, If I were the richest man on the planet and I was with you discussing this book, I would bring to your attention with a slight share of words how I would take all of my "value" that is considered wealth, the riches that I owned, and place them all in the Hotels of Waikiki. Remove all folk from the valley holding them. Place armed detonators in each, then detonate them. Jump up on the rubble after the clearing, with the book in my hand and say "Here, this book is way richer.", then toss you the book!
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '10 06:15
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    You are welcome to call me a liar, I know different, however, you know not
    It was meant as a joke, but it seems that I was nearer to the truth that was intended.
  5. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    23 Oct '10 06:19
    I do not lie that I lie not, however, I do speak the TRUTH that I shall NO LONGER one Grand day as all that is my responsibility of rectifying my foolishness be fulfilled, whether you believe it or not.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '10 06:30
    I do not lie that I lie not, however, I do speak the TRUTH that I shall NO LONGER one Grand day as all that is my responsibility of rectifying my foolishness be fulfilled, whether you believe it or not.
    So you actually believe that a tire that is blessed by a bishop is more effective that one tire that is not?
  7. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    23 Oct '10 06:49
    a troll, or a tire?
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '10 07:451 edit
    a troll, or a tire?
    I didn't mention a troll. I talk about blessed tires. What are you talking about?

This is a question for you, answerable with only a yes or a no. Everything else will be considered an evation from the question at hand. Here it comes:

Do you think it is possible to enhance friction of a tire, make it safer, against the conventiontal science, just by blessing it by a religious leader, like a bishop? Yes or no?
  9. Maryland
    Moves
    24 Oct '10 14:31
    I didn't mention a troll. I talk about blessed tires. What are you talking about?

This is a question for you, answerable with only a yes or a no. Everything else will be considered an evation from the question at hand. Here it comes:

Do you think it is possible to enhance friction of a tire, make it safer, against the conventiontal science, just by blessing it by a religious leader, like a bishop? Yes or no?
    It appears that the theists are stumped by your most excellent question!
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '10 16:59
    Originally posted by 667joe
    It appears that the theists are stumped by your most excellent question!
    I didn't do much to scare him off. I just said that the laws of physics cannot be changed by religious methods. And that scared him away.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Oct '10 17:11
    "Do you think it is possible to enhance friction of a tire, make it safer, against the conventiontal science, just by blessing it by a religious leader, like a bishop? Yes or no?"

No.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '10 17:52
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"Do you think it is possible to enhance friction of a tire, make it safer, against the conventiontal science, just by blessing it by a religious leader, like a bishop? Yes or no?"

No.[/b]
    Does this mean that there are no supernatural ways to change the laws of physics?
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Oct '10 17:53
    Does this mean that there are no supernatural ways to change the laws of physics?
    Not by mere mortals.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '10 19:28
    Originally posted by josephw
    Not by mere mortals.
    Agreed. But that wasn't my question.

We agreed upon that the laws of physics cannot be bent, right?
    There is no way to bless a tire to enhance the friction, you answered 'no' on that question.
    Did you change your mind so quickly?
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Oct '10 21:49
    Agreed. But that wasn't my question.

We agreed upon that the laws of physics cannot be bent, right?
    There is no way to bless a tire to enhance the friction, you answered 'no' on that question.
    Did you change your mind so quickly?
    "Did you change your mind so quickly?"

Are you changing the nature of your question?

This is your original question: "Do you think it is possible to enhance friction of a tire, make it safer, against the conventiontal science, just by blessing it by a religious leader, like a bishop?"

I said no to that question.

Then you asked: "Does this mean that there are no supernatural ways to change the laws of physics?"

To which I said 'not by mere mortals'.

I haven't changed my mind, but you are changing the nature of the question. Why?

Are you trying to trip me up, or are you confused by your own line of thinking?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree