1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 14:25
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Wrong again. It was not certain that the girl would die, so it's incorrect and dishonest to claim that the Vatican WANTED her to die.

If you can't see this simple fact, then we cannot have a basis to even begin a proper discussion.
    The doctors did what doctors do, and they are special trained in medical stuff. Cardinals are not. If doctors say that they are saving her life and the cardinals don't think so, then I trust the doctors, as the girls mother did.

If we agree to this, then I skip my opinion that the cardinals wanted death upon the little girl.

But still - why excommunicate the doctors and the mother, they who wanted the best for the girl, and further had the medical training to make the right decisions, that the cardinals hadn't?

Do you think, dear Palynka, that the cardinal from the Vatican did the right thing, i.e. to excommunicate the doctors and the mother?
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 14:451 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    The doctors did what doctors do, and they are special trained in medical stuff. Cardinals are not. If doctors say that they are saving her life and the cardinals don't think so, then I trust the doctors, as the girls mother did.

If we agree to this, then I skip my opinion that the cardinals wanted death upon the little girl.

But still - why excommun rdinal from the Vatican did the right thing, i.e. to excommunicate the doctors and the mother?
    I already said several times that I disagreed with the Vatican, Fabian.

That doesn't mean I would be dishonest in representing their opinion, just to strengthen my opinion.

The archbishop and the Vatican senior seemed ready to risk her life to avoid the abortion. Isn't that enough to make your point? I certainly think so. So why go further when they didn't?
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 14:49
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I already said several times that I disagreed with the Vatican, Fabian.

That doesn't mean I would be dishonest in representing their opinion, just to strengthen my opinion.
    Okay, okay, sorry.

But the rest of you? Anyone arguing for the vatican banning? Anyone thinking this was a right decision. Or does the cardinals poke there noses where they don't belong? Is the law of god, as interpreted by the cardinals, of higher value than the laws of the people?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree