1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 23:512 edits
    LH directed me to a "Deist Philosophical Essay" website (though it's not boring like most philosophy) where I came across this. I find it striking and beautiful.

A Missive From God

by Bern Moses

It was written to be in concert with the basic premise of Deism, that an entity we identify as God created everything that exists, established the orderliness of nature and does not interfere in the course of human events, except as the gift of reason and love is applied in the pursuit of morality. The online Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines Deism as a movement or system of thought advocating natural religion, emphasizing morality, and in the 18th century denying the interference of the Creator with the laws of the universe. I believe that a careful review, examination and application of its premises would achieve a world that a creator would indeed be proud.

A MISSIVE ...

From: God the Source, God the Cause, God the Love of the World
    To: Us, Ourselves

Heed what I say. I understand your needs. I hear your cries. I am aware of your pain. I delight in your laughter. I feel your loneliness. I exalt at your joy. You are a miraculous product of My creation and, it's important you understand, I chose to be a part of you.

My concern is that you don't know, you haven't understood, you have been misinformed or you have rejected the obvious. My presence, My peace, My power and My pleasure are all within or available to you. My only assistance to you will come through your acknowledgment, acceptance and utilization of My gifts. You must not call upon Me to fill your needs ... Don't plea with Me to change the established order of things ... Avoid your tendency to depend upon Me for answers. Yet, you must not feel ignored or abandoned by Me, but rather remember that it was My choice to be with you, always.

I've embedded Myself in your spirit. That part of you that is compassion, intellect, intuition and understanding is the evidence of My presence and that I have chosen to depend upon you to accomplish our mission of love. I see someone's need through your eyes, I hear their cries for help with your ears, and can hold them only with your arms and assist or comfort them only with your hands and smile. As you respond to these needs, our love grows and strengthens and will continue to exist forever, enhanced by the essence of you. This is your eternal destiny ... The love you have exhibited and enriched by caring and contributing, melding with My love and the love of all those who have followed suit, combining and continuing to enlighten those who will follow. Surely you've noticed that each new generation evolves to a higher plane in all these facets of life and living.

I'm depending upon you to display and exercise our love, yet am often disappointed when the fear I provided for your protection, seems to dominate your behavior. Certainly, let the fear give you pause, but then embrace it for our sake and proceed to do what you must know I would do.

Perhaps the most frightening thing I see among you is incuriosity. That is the root of evil which accommodates indifference, inertia, ignorance and indolence. Not merely standing still but reverting and devolving, not just not becoming but becoming less.

This is the understanding you must have and transmit to others. I am love, I am within you and all the others. I depend upon all of you. The only way others may ever ultimately understand could depend entirely on you. I'm sorry if it seems that I have placed this burdensome responsibility on you alone, because that's not true. A proportionate amount exists in every human becoming, and the power of it all will only be fully realized when everyone recognizes and celebrates the gift, accepts the authority and assumes the responsibility. So, patiently look for Me in others, regardless of their race, color, creed or sexual orientation, and allow them to see Me in you.

All the disciplines in science, philosophy, and art are on their way to being miraculous as they approach their parameters of knowledge regarding matter and motion. I have secreted nothing. All wisdom, skill and talent is ultimately available to those who continue searching and practicing.

So don't look to Me for solutions, but keep watching for and listening to whatever excellence you find in others, in order to glean from their understanding and experience. Look to them for direction and guidance while at the same time seeking Me and our purposes in them.

Do not cling to myths, righteousness and exclusionary judgments while ignoring the laws of natural orderliness that have existed since the beginning.

Remain alert to every occasion provided to function in My favor. Have the courage to charge in and contribute your best to everything and everyone. Someday you will understand as I have intended, that this is Utopia. This is your Heaven. It was never My Hell, it was always yours, born out of your fear and need to survive.

You have been blessed with the capacity, the chance and the choice to make a difference. Make it count for us ... All of us ... All the time ... Always!

http://www.deistnet.com/deismmis.htm
  2. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 11:332 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    LH directed me to a "Deist Philosophical Essay" website (though it's not boring like most philosophy) where I came across this. I find it striking and beautiful.

A Missive From God

by Bern Moses

It was written to be in concert with the basic premise of Deism, that an entity we identify as God created everything that exists, established the ...[text shortened]... count for us ... All of us ... All the time ... Always!

http://www.deistnet.com/deismmis.htm
    The problem is of course that a Deïst God does not, will not and would not interfere in the course of human events ..... but as a short description of what the Gospel is all about, the Message, interference if you want of the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob in the course of human events, the above essay is a pretty good description.

Your post has my rec.
  3. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 11:40
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    The problem is of course that a Deïst God does not, will not and would not interfere in the course of human events ..... but as a short description of what the Gospel is all about, the Message, interference if you want of the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob in the course of human events, the above essay is a pretty good description.

Your post has my rec.
    Why is it a problem that a deist god wouldn't do these things?
  4. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 11:431 edit
    The problem is of course that a Deïst God does not, will not and would not interfere in the course of human events .....
    Is that a problem?

Is it not in fact a good thing since that puts more responsibility on us humans to make this world a better place and we cannot escape that fact by saying: "The judgement day will come and purge our world of all evil..."?
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 11:56

Your post has my rec.
    Like the others, I too am perplexed by your post. Why is that 'of course' a problem?
  6. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 12:10
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Like the others, I too am perplexed by your post. Why is that 'of course' a problem?
    I think its a case of the Deist belief system excluding the possibility of a god interfering with his/her creation.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 15:57
    Isa 45:1

1 "Thus says the LORD to His anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have held-- to subdue nations before him and loose the armor of kings, to open before him the double doors, so that the gates will not be shut:
    (NKJ)

Isa 44:28
    28 Who says of Cyrus, 'He is My shepherd, and he shall perform all My pleasure, saying to Jerusalem, "You shall be built," and to the temple, "Your foundation shall be laid."'
    (NKJ)

It's a good thing that God does intervene in the affairs of men.🙂
  8. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 17:05
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Why is it a problem that a deist god wouldn't do these things?
    Because he doesn't.
  9. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 17:184 edits
    As I said: Because he doesn't.

You can write an essay about which message a Deïst god would send to us humans, but the fact remains, according to the Deïst belief, that he doesn't. He doesn't interfere, remember .....

Besides that, it is too coincidental that this message in above essay is, as I already mentioned, a perfect concise description of the Message, the Gospel, the God of Abraham sent to us. He did interfere.
  10. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 17:24
    Besides that, it is too coincidental that this message in above essay is, as I already mentioned, a perfect and concise description of the Message, the Gospel, the God of Abraham sent to us.
    From a Deist perspective, every discovery made by humanity in its bid to uncover the order of the universe arguably would be a message from God. Rather than God prompting and pushing from behind like some sort of commissar, people are impelled toward God through being true to their own nature, which would be also be God's.
  11. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 17:30
    Originally posted by Halitose
    I think its a case of the Deist belief system excluding the possibility of a god interfering with his/her creation.
    You got it Halitose !
  12. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 17:32
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    From a Deist perspective, every discovery made by humanity in its bid to uncover the order of the universe arguably would be a message from God. Rather than God prompting and pushing from behind like some sort of commissar, people are impelled toward God through being true to their own nature, which would be also be God's.
    The essay assumes a lot of things about God. How do the Deists know this ? How did they get that information ?
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 22:03
    As I said: Because he doesn't.

You can write an essay about which message a Deïst god would send to us humans, but the fact remains, according to the Deïst belief, that he doesn't. He doesn't interfere, remember .....

Besides that, it is too coincidental that this message in above essay is, as I already mentioned, a perfect concise description of the Message, the Gospel, the God of Abraham sent to us. He did interfere.
    Gotcha. Yes, I agree that it is a problem with respect to the existence of such a message. Earlier, I thought you were saying that it is a problem with the mere concept of God, which I doubt is true.
  14. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 22:05
    Originally posted by stocken
    Is that a problem?

Is it not in fact a good thing since that puts more responsibility on us humans to make this world a better place and we cannot escape that fact by saying: "The judgement day will come and purge our world of all evil..."?

I don't see how believing in a Deist god would put more responsibility on us humans. If you believe in the God of Abraham you also cannot escape your responsibilities, certainly not by saying "The judgement day will come and purge our world of all evil..."
  15. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 22:07
    Gotcha. Yes, I agree that it is a problem with respect to the existence of such a message. Earlier, I thought you were saying that it is a problem with the mere concept of God, which I doubt is true.
    Gotcha. Yes, I agree that it is a problem with respect to the existence of such a message.

Thank God .... 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree