1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Sep '06 12:441 edit
    Originally posted by Jee
    I really won't have a problem with that.

Unless you aint honest with yourself.

You might want to kill me but still feel inside of you that it's not right to kill someone and walk away so.

One friend asked me once:

- what would you do if you happen to find yourself on the same path as a bear

my answer was:

1) I dunno how to fight a bear
    2) I do ear

so, I'll just manage not to find myself in the same path as a bear.

And so I did.
    I really won't have a problem with that.

So if I punched you on the nose and really felt like it, you wouldn't think I have done something wrong???

You are not being honest with yourself.

Edit: What if I felt like chopping up a baby with a sword and did it in front of you?

How would you feel about my actions? Would I have done somthing wrong?
  2. Joined
    04 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '06 12:52
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    [b]I really won't have a problem with that.

So if I punched you on the nose and really felt like it, you wouldn't think I have done something wrong???

You are not being honest with yourself.[/b]
    Again you're trying to have A sharing B feelings.

A does and thinks what A feels to be right to do for him
    B doesnt have to agree with anything A does or think

If I feel that you did that honestly, not just to be mean, I will start wondering that I might have done something wrong to uslessly upset you and that I deserve it.

I got tons of example about that.

on 9/11 I felt that it was right for America to have some taste of their own medecine. Still I lost two close friends in it.

It's not because it's right that it doesnt hurt.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Sep '06 12:55
    Originally posted by Jee
    Again you're trying to have A sharing B feelings.

A does and thinks what A feels to be right to do for him
    B doesnt have to agree with anything A does or think

If I feel that you did that honestly, not just to be mean, I will start wondering that I might have done something wrong to uslessly upset you and that I deserve it.

I got tons of example about ...[text shortened]... ne. Still I lost two close friends in it.

It's not because it's right that it doesnt hurt.
    And if I took an innocent young baby and felt to chop it up into pieces in front of you?

If you saw it happening, how would you feel? Would you feel I am doing the right thing because I feel like it?
  4. Joined
    04 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '06 13:12
    And if I took an innocent young baby and felt to chop it up into pieces in front of you?

If you saw it happening, how would you feel? Would you feel I am doing the right thing because I feel like it?
    I cant guess how I would feel until I will feel it.

It is not because you do something that I think that you actually do what you feel.

I feel that most of the people are doing bad things even if they are good person. And I think that our life journey is only to discover who we really are.

I feel that people who act in a way that doesnt reflect who they really are, are in a permanent suffering.

You can do all the bad actions in the word and still not feel good about it, or just try to ignore that voice in you that tells you that it is wrong.

In the hindu philosophy, you will come back on this heart again and again untill you discover who you really are. So when I see somebody acting bad, I just smile and think "you'll be back for a spin on the wheel buddy"

That's why, in countries like India, nobody will stop for a person dying on the ground. If that person was a good one, it will make the union with the one, if it was a jerk, it will come back until it gets it right. There's nothing anybody can do about anybody else.

It's noone job to change anybody else. You can just share your feelings and maybe some person could open themselves to their own feelings and realise that, lets say they are using their anger in a meaningless way, like choping babies.

I like the sentence "People are better than their life"

One day one of my very close friends told me that he stopped being depressed the day we met. I didnt know that I had done that and even didnt know that he was depressed for the last 10 years because I didnt know him then.

Apparently it happened like this. One the first day I met him I said:

- how are you?

and he said

- I am depressed

and - apparently - I said - as a joke

- dont you have anything better to do than being depressed?

And for some reason, the light fall onto him and he just realised that yeah he had way better things to do than being depressed, that while being depressed he could not draw and paint and do all the things he really liked.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Sep '06 13:38
    Originally posted by Jee

It is not because you do something that I think that you actually do what you feel.

I feel that most of the people are doing bad things even if they are good person. And I think that our life journey is only to discover who we really are.

I feel that people who act in a way that doesnt reflect who the ...[text shortened]... while being depressed he could not draw and paint and do all the things he really liked.

I cannot accept this as an honest answer.
  6. Joined
    04 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '06 13:43
    [b]I cant guess how I would feel until I will feel it.

I cannot accept this as an honest answer.[/b]
    Why not ? Do you mean it doesnt fit in you lil sphere of thinking

Like I said in the example, I will see somebody killed and feel its right and see somebody else killed and feel it's wrong
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Sep '06 14:001 edit
    Originally posted by Jee
    Why not ? Do you mean it doesnt fit in you lil sphere of thinking

Like I said in the example, I will see somebody killed and feel its right and see somebody else killed and feel it's wrong

What you are saying indicates that you do not believe in absolutes whether you are willing to admit it or not.

I am wasting my time with you.

Keep well.
  8. Joined
    04 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '06 14:041 edit
    [b]Like I said in the example, I will see somebody killed and feel its right and see somebody else killed and feel it's wrong

What you are saying indicates that you do not believe in absolutes whether you are willing to admit it or not.

I am wasting my time with you.

Keep well.[/b]
    It is the same absolute truth that will tell me when in a case it's right and what in a case it's wrong

If you are trying to convince me of your truth, you are surely wasting your time, like I will be wasting my time in trying to convince you that you are wrong.

Enlarge your sphere of thinking and keep well
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Sep '06 14:19
    Originally posted by Jee
    It is the same absolute truth that will tell me when in a case it's right and what in a case it's wrong

If you are trying to convince me of your truth, you are surely wasting your time, like I will be wasting my time in trying to convince you that you are wrong.

You will never convince anybody if you don't use logic, and nobody will convince you if you are not willing to accept simple logic.

I agree. Without the involvement of logic you will always be speaking non-sense. 😉

Actually by discarding logic, I will become mentally unstable and decrease my sphere of thinking. 😛

No offense. Keep well!
  10. Joined
    04 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '06 14:34
    You will never convince anybody if you don't use logic. Actually by discarding logic, I will become mentally unstable and decrease my sphere of thinking. 😛

No offense. Keep well!
    Can't you see yourself through your own post?

Logic and logic only.

I aint telling you to disregard logic or to stop using it, I said just don't limit yourself to it. Was it Einstein who said that when all the logical solution have failed, it must then be an illogical one?

There's nothing logic in limiting oneself tools of analyse.
    Logic will advise you to take every possible tool to find your answers.

I aint discarding logic for myself. I just find it - after using it - not strong enough, not deep enough.

So I have logic + feeling as tools, you only got logic.

Why do you think the part we know the less about is the human brain. We dont have a clue what it is or what it does.

Its obvious a brain can not analyse itself, when feeling, creativity and imagination have no limits.

I would only be disapointed from this thread from not hearing from you your analyse of Love through your only three instruments of logic

1. Logical consistency.
    2. Empirical adequacy.
    3. Experiential relevance.

Put that on my romantic side
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Sep '06 22:01
    Originally posted by Jee
    Can't you see yourself through your own post?

Logic and logic only.

I aint telling you to disregard logic or to stop using it, I said just don't limit yourself to it. Was it Einstein who said that when all the logical solution have failed, it must then be an illogical one?

There's nothing logic in limiting oneself tools of analyse.
    Logic will advise y ...[text shortened]... stency.
    2. Empirical adequacy.
    3. Experiential relevance.

Put that on my romantic side
    Logic and logic only.

When did I say that?

I never said that logic is the only thing I use to test truth.

I aint discarding logic for myself. I just find it - after using it - not strong enough, not deep enough.

If you don't discard logic, why was everything you said about your beliefs illogical?

So I have logic + feeling as tools, you only got logic.

Would you care to demonstrate the logic behind your beliefs? Btw, I don't only use logic, I use feelings as well. Logical feelings. That is where 'experiential relevance' falls in. You seem to to rely only on feelings.

Before I give you my briefing on love, I would like to know how you explain it first.
  12. Joined
    04 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '06 22:07
    [b I would like to know how you explain it first.[/b]
    how I explain what?
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Sep '06 22:15
    Originally posted by Jee
    how I explain what?
    Love.

PS: You are allowed to respond to my entire post.
  14. Joined
    04 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '06 22:242 edits
    Logic and logic only. When did I say that?

That word is in every of your sentence. Are you kidding. You cant make a sentence without it.

I never said that logic is the only thing I use to test truth.

You've never talked about anything but Logic

If you don't discard logic, why was everything you said about your beliefs illogical?

Well it's your opinion. I think you are illogical by talking only about Logic

Would you care to demonstrate the logic behind your beliefs? Btw, I don't only use logic, I use feelings as well. Logical feelings. That is where 'experiential relevance' falls in. You seem to to rely only on feelings.

Logical feelings? Good grief! you aint even able to say feelings on its own! it's ridiculous.

So

when somebody thinks he uses logic - rationality
    when somebody feels he doesnt use logic - irrationality

As I have already said, for me, Love is the moment when you feel that you and someone else are actually the same unity.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree