2. Joined
    24 Nov '07
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 07:27
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    ..the arab moon cult is a descendent of a sumerian diety known as "sin"
    whose symbol was the crescent moon...the sumerians are identified as the
    first city civilization...
    If you are implying that Islam originated from a moon cult, this is an incorrect view too and not factual.

The crescent moon is actually a symbol of the ottoman empire who estblished this symbol as a recognisable symbol of their empire. Islam doesnt actually have a symbol... however most islamic countries have adopted it as one it seems.

Interestingly i wonder if there are any muslims on this site who can shed any light... after all they should know best about their religion.

Apologies if my fact incorrect RE: bible, i meant compiled but again why are there different versions of it?
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 07:41
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    the gospels were written within 70 years of the ascension...and partly from a lost earlier document known as the Q document...which was written earlier..
    Do have any references to back that up or is it just your opinion again?
  4. Joined
    17 Jul '07
    Moves
    27 Nov '07 00:07
    Originally posted by xxxviciousxxx
    [b]....[text shortened].... They believe Jesus was just a prophet like any other but that he was not crucified but rather taken up to heaven by God and is still alive waiting to return to battle the anti christ. b]
    Just to clarify... did you really mean to say that Muslims don't believe in the "crucifixion"? My instinct is that you mean to say Muslims don't believe in the "resurection(sp)," but this is an honest question. I mean seriously... did god just pick him up in a cab on the way to the last supper?
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    27 Nov '07 05:21
    If you are implying that Islam originated from a moon cult, this is an incorrect view too and not factual.

The crescent moon is actually a symbol of the ottoman empire who estblished this symbol as a recognisable symbol of their empire. Islam doesnt actually have a symbol... however most islamic countries have adopted it as one it seems.

Interes ...[text shortened]... my fact incorrect RE: bible, i meant compiled but again why are there different versions of it?
    The Ottomans took the symbol because it was a popular pagan symbol and they needed something people would recognize.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Nov '07 07:042 edits
    Originally posted by bjohnson407
    Just to clarify... did you really mean to say that Muslims don't believe in the "crucifixion"? My instinct is that you mean to say Muslims don't believe in the "resurection(sp)," but this is an honest question. I mean seriously... did god just pick him up in a cab on the way to the last supper?
    You got it. Crazy huh? Especially in light of the crucifixion being a historical event and not just an event recorded in the Bible. The Muslims believe that Christ escaped the cross and God placed some other poor soul on the cross in his stead. It is the exact opposite of what Christians believe in that Christ died for our sins so that we might not die in our sins.

Believing that Christ was crucified brings up to many unpleasant theological problems since they deny that he died for our sins. First of all, why would God allow him to die on the cross? What was gained? However, the core reason I think that they deny Chrsit died was to refute his ressurection which is the key basis for the Christian theology. As Paul once said, if Christ was not ressurected, then our faith is in vain.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Nov '07 07:22
    Originally posted by whodey
    Especially in light of the crucifixion being a historical event and not just an event recorded in the Bible.
    What on earth do you mean by "a historical event"?
  8. Standard memberMerk
    Steamin transies
    Moves
    27 Nov '07 20:37

Interes ...[text shortened]... my fact incorrect RE: bible, i meant compiled but again why are there different versions of it?
    Ahem, looking beyond your ignorance of the moons use as a symbol....

Note that Ramadan tracks a moon cycle.
  9. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    27 Nov '07 21:13
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Do have any references to back that up or is it just your opinion again?
    Historians believe that an earlier document, no lost, called Q was a common source for the gospels of Matthew and Luke...since those books contained similiar events not mentioned in the first Gospel, Mark.

Some postulate that the lost book Q was a sayings book compiled by the Disciple Matthew and mentioned by some of the early christian writers.
  10. Joined
    25 Nov '07
    Moves
    28 Nov '07 00:37
    Originally posted by Merk
    Ahem, looking beyond your ignorance of the moons use as a symbol....

Note that Ramadan tracks a moon cycle.
    You do know that the moon is really only prominent because Islam sets timetables for its festivities based on the Lunar Calender. There is no reason to believe that mumu was attempting to integrate some moon cult from this one little tidbit of information. But then again maybe you can also enlighten me out of ignorance...
  11. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    28 Nov '07 04:18
    For anyone who is actually interested in this sort of thing... heres some food for thought....

Islam is not considered a new religion by Muslims. They actually believe they are following the original path of the prophet Abraham. This is due to the previous religions (Christaianity and Judaism) being corrupted by man to suit his own political and s ...[text shortened]... sidered to be false by the religions they came to supercede... why? that should be obvious....
  12. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    28 Nov '07 04:22
    To vicious
    There are different versions of it but they all say the same thing. The king James version is simply Old English. The Protestant version omits 5 or 6 books that the Catholic version does not. Essentially all Bibles say the same thing simply using synonyms for different words. That's all. Just because it's a different version doesn't mean it's a different story!
    Also, I would like you to tell me which books in the new testament were written 200 years after Christ died. I challenge you to tell me. You're wrong about that you know.
  13. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    28 Nov '07 04:27
    To twhitehead

The crucifixion is a historical event! As in it really happened! It's a fact that Jesus was crucified and died on the cross, I don't care what the Muslims say! They've got their facts wrong and they'll regret it later. By the way it's also a fact that Jesus rose from the dead on the 3rd day. This is not some made up fairytale. I'll pray that you someday open up your eyes and see the truth that is staring you in the face. Only someone who hasn't examined the Bible thoroughly can refute its validity.
  14. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    28 Nov '07 05:271 edit
    Originally posted by chappy1
    To twhitehead

The crucifixion is a historical event! As in it really happened! It's a fact that Jesus was crucified and died on the cross, I don't care what the Muslims say! They've got their facts wrong and they'll regret it later. By the way it's also a fact that Jesus rose from the dead on the 3rd day. This is not some made up fairytale. I'll pray ...[text shortened]... the face. Only someone who hasn't examined the Bible thoroughly can refute its validity.
    What's the evidence for the reality of this resurrection - other than contradictory accounts written after the fact?
  15. Joined
    25 Nov '07
    Moves
    28 Nov '07 05:39
    Originally posted by chappy1
    To twhitehead

The crucifixion is a historical event! As in it really happened! It's a fact that Jesus was crucified and died on the cross, I don't care what the Muslims say! They've got their facts wrong and they'll regret it later. By the way it's also a fact that Jesus rose from the dead on the 3rd day. This is not some made up fairytale. I'll pray ...[text shortened]... the face. Only someone who hasn't examined the Bible thoroughly can refute its validity.
    Wow! Hmm resurrection is a fact huh... lol

BTW: I love your reasoning behind understanding the bible. So if you find some inconsistency within the Bible, then its you that is wrong. Its not the bible that is wrong but you! And the only reason you see an inconsistency is because you in the modern century with all your education and technology cannot comprehend the indepth writing of those living in the stone age.....

Hmm so your entire understanding is based off one rule and one rule only: the bible can never be wrong.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree