1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 13:36
    More Brain Stuff. . . From Cambridge University .

Olny srmat poelpe can raed tihs.
    I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! If you can raed tihs psas it on !!

I got this in the mail, stuff like this shows up from time to time.
    I was wondering if this is why we read things into each others posts from time
    to time. We are just processing what we are seeing and making what we think
    is there, there.
    Kelly
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 13:51
    Originally posted by KellyJay

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist a ...[text shortened]... me. We are just processing what we are seeing and making what we think
    is there, there.
    Kelly
    😵
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 18:01

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist a ...[text shortened]... me. We are just processing what we are seeing and making what we think
    is there, there.
    Kelly
    This is why sometimes when i make a spelling mistake, i dont correct it! ............interesting.

vishva
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 18:301 edit

is there, there.
    Kelly
    Its an old one but still fascinating, I first came across this when on a course about creative thinking. The purpose was to show how our brains look for familiarity (which prevents creativity). Optical illusions were shown as was this;

+
    + +
    + Paris +
    + in the +
    + the spring +
    ++ + + + + + + +

read it quickly
    works best written large and in a solid equilateral triangle.
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    23 Sep '10 19:32
    I
    WE
    TODD
    DID

Read it out loud with people around LOL

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree