more from the Bhagavad Gita

more from the Bhagavad Gita

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
09 Sep 11

Chapter 2. Contents of the Gita Summarized

TEXT 55
sri-bhagavan uvaca
prajahati yada kaman
sarvan partha mano-gatan
atmany evatmana tustah
sthita-prajnas tadocyate

SYNONYMS

sri-bhagavan uvaca--the Supreme Personality of Godhead said; prajahati--gives up; yada--when; kaman--desires for sense gratification; sarvan--of all varieties; partha--O son of Prtha; manah-gatan--of mental concoction; atmani--in the pure state of the soul; eva--certainly; atmana--by the purified mind; tustah--satisfied; sthita-prajnah--transcendentally situated; tada--at that time; ucyate--is said.

TRANSLATION
The Blessed Lord said: O Partha, when a man gives up all varieties of sense desire which arise from mental concoction, and when his mind finds satisfaction in the self alone, then he is said to be in pure transcendental consciousness.

PURPORT
The Bhagavatam affirms that any person who is fully in Krsna consciousness, or devotional service of the Lord, has all the good qualities of the great sages, whereas a person who is not so transcendentally situated has no good qualifications, because he is sure to be taking refuge in his own mental concoctions. Consequently, it is rightly said herein that one has to give up all kinds of sense desire manufactured by mental concoction. Artificially, such sense desires cannot be stopped. But if one is engaged in Krsna consciousness, then, automatically, sense desires subside without extraneous efforts.

Therefore, one has to engage himself in Krsna consciousness without hesitation, for this devotional service will instantly help one onto the platform of transcendental consciousness. The highly developed soul always remains satisfied in himself by realizing himself as the eternal servitor of the Supreme Lord. Such a transcendentally situated person has no sense desires resulting from petty materialism; rather, he remains always happy in his natural position of eternally serving the Supreme Lord.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
09 Sep 11

that explains why you're so self absorbed. now to find true enlightenment, you have to let the self go.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
09 Sep 11
2 edits

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
that explains why you're so self absorbed. now to find true enlightenment, you have to let the self go.
You are making it up as you go along.

This will never be of any benefit for anyone.

Simply confusing people.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
09 Sep 11

Originally posted by Dasa

Simply confusing people.
I can see his point, however I'm sure Voidspirit hasn't actually visited a Krsna farm. Correct me if I'm wrong dude.
Philosophy and belief aside their is a general "air of well being" whenever I visit the farm in Murwillumbah.
I was anti Hares for a long time, then when I saw how they lived first hand I realized that even though their society has it's own problems, I find it a great improvement on the rest of "normal (christian )society, where the environment is is cared for much better as are the animals.
And despite many shaved head dudes walking around chanting "hare Krsna" (bit wierd, like some scizzed out bum talking to himself), there was no coercement or condesension towards me for not partaking in the chanting and choosing to worship in my own way.
I felt quite at home-you can stay there for free and eat for free, so for true minimalists who want circumnavigate the monetary system, they could go there, idefinately and remove themselves from (capitalist)society , which goes against not only the Hares, but many other religons.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
09 Sep 11

Simply confusing people.
the christian book contains a wonderful phrase "by their works you shall know them" (which reveals most christians as frauds)

applying that phrase to you, there is one of two possibilities:

1) you are accurately applying the teachings of the vedas in which case the vedas suck, or
2) your a fraud.

i'm going with #2 myself. you just ooze of shyster and your lying fraud has been revealed in other threads.

so i say to you, stop misrepresenting the vedas. it is irresponsible and dishonest. find another vocation or return to deep study and reflection of your faith, you have a long way to go before you can begin to share it with others.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
09 Sep 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I can see his point, however I'm sure Voidspirit hasn't actually visited a Krsna farm. Correct me if I'm wrong dude.
Philosophy and belief aside their is a general "air of well being" whenever I visit the farm in Murwillumbah.
I was anti Hares for a long time, then when I saw how they lived first hand I realized that even though their society has it ...[text shortened]... m (capitalist)society , which goes against not only the Hares, but many other religons.
Thank you for your unbiased .......say it as you see it attitude.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
09 Sep 11

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
the christian book contains a wonderful phrase "by their works you shall know them" (which reveals most christians as frauds)

applying that phrase to you, there is one of two possibilities:

1) you are accurately applying the teachings of the vedas in which case the vedas suck, or
2) your a fraud.

i'm going with #2 myself. you just ooze of shyst ...[text shortened]... of your faith, you have a long way to go before you can begin to share it with others.
When in the lions den or snake pit one must act accordingly.

n

Moves
09 Sep 11

When in the lions den or snake pit one must act accordingly.
Take your hand off it you fraud.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
09 Sep 11

Originally posted by nook7
Take your hand off it you fraud.
Nook would like to teach us how conscious life comes from a dead stone....

The floors yours so please inform us how this takes place.

I am listening.

n

Moves
09 Sep 11

Nook would like to teach us how conscious life comes from a dead stone....

The floors yours so please inform us how this takes place.

I am listening.
Nook in the 1st , 2nd or 3rd person has not said such a thing.

Open your sickeningly blinded eyes you deluded uber fool and grasp the concept that you do not know all. Your religion is just another religion. There are many many many of them all promising the same thing. There is nothing new in your idea and there is no way that l am aware of that you can prove one thing - ONE THING about it. So STFU and get off you collosally high horse and stop being a complete tool.

Total disgrace you are

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
09 Sep 11
1 edit

Originally posted by nook7
Nook in the 1st , 2nd or 3rd person has not said such a thing.

Open your sickeningly blinded eyes you deluded uber fool and grasp the concept that you do not know all. Your religion is just another religion. There are many many many of them all promising the same thing. There is nothing new in your idea and there is no way that l am aware of that you can pr ...[text shortened]... and get off you collosally high horse and stop being a complete tool.

Total disgrace you are
I hardly think that all religons are "promising the same thing" .Not even the major ones

n

Moves
09 Sep 11
1 edit

I hardly thin that all religons are "promising the same thing" .Not even the major ones
i stand corrected.

Many appear to offer the usual bag of eternal salvation with a diety of choice (most of the the mainstream ones have a one true god style offering). But, as you rightly said Karoly, they do not offer the same thing.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
11 Sep 11
2 edits

I hardly think that all religons are "promising the same thing" .Not even the major ones
Suppose someone A tells me that if I lend them £50 today then they'll pay me back with a new and enviable car on the same day next year; now suppose someone else B tells me that if I lend them £70 today then they'll pay me back with a new and enviable motorbike in six months time.

One might say that the particulars of these scenarios are different but if we squint even just a little then we quite readily see they're not that different at all; and moreover, what A and B are both offering is in fact bullchit.

The same is true with religions ;]

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Sep 11

Originally posted by Agerg
Suppose someone A tells me that if I lend them £50 today then they'll pay me back with a new and enviable car on the same day next year; now suppose someone else B tells me that if I lend them £70 today then they'll pay me back with a new and enviable motorbike in six months time.

One might say that the particulars of these scenarios are different but if we ...[text shortened]... er, what A and B are both offering is in fact bullchit.

The same is true with religions ;]
Not exactly. What kind of motorbike do you get if you're a buddhist?

Do you see my point?

I see yours