1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 17:043 edits
    Originally posted by lucifershammer

And, actually, I think it would be more than "fanatics" who'd acknowledge it. There might be "sitting on the fence" Muslims who might be swayed by such an event.
    This is the real sadness. If the Christian God exists, it must break his heart to have his children act so unreasonably, eschewing the gift of reason that he has given them. But I can't believe that he'd actually stoop to having his name appear on a fish as a means to sway them back from Islam, anymore than I can believe that Allah would resort to that tactic in the first place. The very attempt presumes that the people don't have the rationality that he has blessed them with.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 17:22
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    This is the real sadness. If the Christian God exists, it must break his heart to have his children act so unreasonably, eschewing the gift of reason that he has given them. But I can't believe that he'd actually stoop to having his name appear on a fish as a means to sway them back from Islam, anymore than I can believe that Allah would resort to that tactic in the first place.
    Huh? First off, the reasoning employed with the postulation of Allah's existence is completely sound, given what said belief is compared with.

Second, how did the Christian God and Allah become so wound up in your statement of disbelief?
  3. London
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 17:36
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Second, how did the Christian God and Allah become so wound up in your statement of disbelief?
    I guess when you're obsessed with something, you can make simple errors such as thinking that "Allah" (in Arabic) = "Christ"* (in any language) on a certain fish.

* Or any other name for the "Christian God".
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 17:43
    I guess when you're obsessed with something, you can make simple errors such as thinking that "Allah" (in Arabic) = "Christ"* (in any language) on a certain fish.

And it only took three edits to get to, on top of it! Go fish!
  5. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 18:14

I made no such error. You just didn't understand my post.
  6. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 18:162 edits
    Huh? First off, the reasoning employed with the postulation of Allah's existence is completely sound, given what said belief is compared with.
    Do you, like LH, believe that there is no good reason to think that Allah would not communicate via the side of a fish, and that there is no good reason to think that the fish in question is not the result of such a communication attempt?
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 18:24
    Do you, like LH, believe that there is no good reason to think that Allah would not communicate via the side of a fish,
    Given the assumption of Allah, I suggest there is no good reason to limit his communication by any means he deems necessary. It would be disingenuous for me to believe the disembodied hand writing on the wall, and disbelieve this fish story.

and that there is no good reason to think that the fish in question is not the result of such a communication attempt?
    Given that I do not assume Allah's existence, I do not take the appearance as any more relevant than "finding" other religious icons on waffles, toast, sides of buildings, and etc.
  8. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 18:27
    It would be disingenuous for me to believe the disembodied hand writing on the wall, and disbelieve this fish story.
    Do you believe a story about a disembodied hand writing on a wall?
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 18:30
    Do you believe a story about a disembodied hand writing on a wall?
    Yes, but I don't give credence to this fish story respective of the origins, as I don't believe in Allah. It would only be disingenuous for me to believe one and disbelive the other, given an assumption of Allah's existence.
  10. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 18:40
    Yes
    Then you are a fool.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 20:44
    Then you are a fool.
    Lessee if'n I got this one a-straight. I gots the good doctor Scribblies on one shoulder a-hollerin' at me, says I'm a fool for believin' in them there Scriptures.

On the other shoulder, I gots the good Book tellin' me how a fool says in his heart, there weren't no God.

Hmmm...
    Good doctor, good Book.
    Good doctor, good Book.

I'm afraid, good doctor, how's I'm a-hafta go wit' the good Book, cuz'n you're a damn fool.
  12. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 20:57
    Lessee if'n I got this one a-straight. I gots the good doctor Scribblies on one shoulder a-hollerin' at me, says I'm a fool for believin' in them there Scriptures.

On the other shoulder, I gots the good Book tellin' me how a fool says in his heart, there weren't no God.

Hmmm...
    Good doctor, good Book.
    Good doctor, good Book.

I'm afraid, good doctor, how's I'm a-hafta go wit' the good Book, cuz'n you're a damn fool.
    I don't believe that the Scriptures tell of disembodied hands writing on the walls.
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 01:00
    I don't believe that the Scriptures tell of disembodied hands writing on the walls.
    Daniel 5 may change your mind.
  14. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 02:363 edits
    Daniel 5 may change your mind.
    Jesus, I guess you're right. I don't recall reading that before. Who knows how much other spooky stuff is in there that I've missed.

At any rate, if it's in there, it must be true. I suppose I must believe it too now, and by logical consequence...Praise be to Allah, he who has made himself known by the writing on the fish!
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 02:55
    Jesus, I guess you're right. I don't recall reading that before. Who knows how much other spooky stuff is in there that I've missed.

At any rate, if it's in there, it must be true. I suppose I must believe it too now, and by logical consequence...Praise be to Allah, he who has made himself known by the writing on the fish!
    Ah, Dr. Sribblies, you incorrigible rabble-rouser! You're always such a cad at these parties. Who would have thought your entire frontal lobe has gone missing all these years?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree