1. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '06 14:57
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Thanks for the considered post.

What is your response to Scribbles' and Nemesio's assertion that it would be unreasonable for a Muslim to treat it as some form of communication from Allah?
    I disagree with them, just ever so slightly. I don't think it's unlikely Allah would chose to communicate through a fish. Stranger things has happened. (Like the creation of me, for instance.)

But can you give a good reason why such a powerful being would need to reveal himself to us through the scales of a fish? I mean if he's that more intelligent than us, then surely he can find other ways to be seen, that are actually believable?
  2. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '06 15:00
    Originally posted by stocken
    I say, let's then have a look at more species of these fishes and see what other words we can read on them.
    Of course, I meant: specimens. 🙂

I'm such a dope!
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    02 Apr '06 15:481 edit

What is your response to Scribbles' and Nemesio's assertion that it would be unreasonable for a Muslim to treat it as some form of communication from Allah?
    To think that merely being a Muslim constitutes justification for beliefs that would be non-justified for a non-Muslim is ridiculous!

That would be like saying atheists are justified in rejecting worldly evidence of God merely by virtue of their atheism. Do you think such atheists are justified? If not, how can you think the AllahFish believers are?
  4. London
    Moves
    02 Apr '06 17:49
    I disagree with them, just ever so slightly. I don't think it's unlikely Allah would chose to communicate through a fish. Stranger things has happened. (Like the creation of me, for instance.)

But can you give a good reason why such a powerful being would need to reveal himself to us through the scales of a fish? I mean if he's that more intelligent than us, then surely he can find other ways to be seen, that are actually believable?
    Here, I have to refer back to what I said to Nemesio - the fish-message might not be for you, but for someone else.
  5. London
    Moves
    02 Apr '06 17:513 edits
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    To think that merely being a Muslim constitutes justification for beliefs that would be non-justified for a non-Muslim is ridiculous!

That would be like saying atheists are justified in rejecting worldly evidence of God merely by virtue of their atheism. Do you think such atheists are justified? If not, how can you think the AllahFish believers are?
    I said nothing about first-principles justification. I'm just saying that a Muslim believes in certain premises and a certain worldview - there is nothing unreasonable about accepting these fish-messages given the reasonability of that worldview.

This is analogous to the difference between probability per se and conditional probability.
  6. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '06 19:342 edits
    ...the fish-message might not be for you, but for someone else.
    You know what would really get my attention though? (In case he does decide to communicate with me.) If a whole bunch of fish swum in a formation that could be viewed from 200 meters above the water and spelled: Peace. I'd believe that.

Until the local fishing boat sweeps them all up in its' net with a malicious smile on its bow. 😀

This is a cruel world, so I can certainly see how some people needs to have the word of their God written by nature as evidence of them being on the right track. I seriously doubt that is the case, but I'll let them believe so. That's just the gracious person I am, I suppose. Uhum... 😏

[Edit: Whou!.. I just had a deja vu here. Haven't I written these exact same words in an earlier post? I think I might have... 😕]
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    02 Apr '06 20:01
    You know what would really get my attention though? (In case he does decide to communicate with me.) If a whole bunch of fish swum in a formation that could be viewed from 200 meters above the water and spelled: Peace. I'd believe that.
    What you read as "Peace," someone else may read as "Pisces."
  8. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '06 20:06
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    What you read as "Peace," someone else may read as "Pisces."
    I disagree with most of what you've said in these forums, and yet I must admit: You do have wit and intelligence beyond me. 🙂 That was funny on so many levels, I've probably missed some.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    02 Apr '06 22:01
    I disagree with most of what you've said in these forums, and yet I must admit: You do have wit and intelligence beyond me. 🙂 That was funny on so many levels, I've probably missed some.
    [Get ready for the collective groan]
    Thanks, but I really wasn't fishing for a compliment.
    =or=
    That line was just a test.
    (Take your pick.)
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 04:061 edit
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_1905910,00.html

Nemesio
    What or who are Moslems?
  11. Forgotten
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 04:09
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    What or who are Moslems?
    Google it RB
  12. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 04:12
    What or who are Moslems?
    Do a search on your church's website under 'infidels.'
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 04:311 edit
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Do a search on your church's website under 'infidels.'
    Did you mean Muslims? with an I not an E? And a U not an O?
  14. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 04:35
    Did you mean Muslims? with an I not an E? And a U not an O?
    Is there a log in your eye? Nobody's perfect.
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 04:39
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Is there a log in your eye? Nobody's perfect.
    He did not sin there by misspelling a word. You are taking the Bible out of context.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree