1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '11 21:56
    Since most of my posts are verbose and I think some people don't endure to read them all the way through, this thread I reserve for very very short things I want to say.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '11 21:591 edit
    Jesus looks beyond your faults and sees your needs.

It is YOU that He loves and YOU that He wants. He does not first want what you can do. He wants YOU first and foremost.
  3. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    17 Aug '11 23:58
    what a nice guy. too bad there aren't many people who follow his advice.
  4. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 01:232 edits
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Jesus looks beyond your faults and sees your needs.

It is YOU that He loves and YOU that He wants. He does not first want what you can [b]do.
    He wants YOU first and foremost.[/b]
    1. Women, just don't speak in church because it is a shame for you to speak in church. If you have a question, ask your husband at home.

"Let your women keep silence in the churches, for it is not permitted unto them to speak . . . And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church." 1 Corinthians 14:34-35.

2. Plus, women don't be a teacher but be in silence, and don't usurp authority over the man, because Adam was first formed, and also Eve deceived Adam. Women you bear Eve's transgression. Keep silent. Don't teach. Bow to authority of the man.

"Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression" 1 Timothy 2:11-14.

3. Lastly, women, stay plain. Don't dress up. Don't wear jewelry.

"In like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing" 1 Timothy 2:9
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 10:05
    This Jesus fellah sounds like Lord Kitchener.
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 21:494 edits
    Originally posted by moon1969
    1. Women, just don't speak in church because it is a shame for you to speak in church. If you have a question, ask your husband at home.

"Let your women keep silence in the churches, for it is not permitted unto them to speak . . . And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a [b]shame
    for women to speak in the deration, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing" 1 Timothy 2:9[/b]
    ====================================
    ==================================

Interestingly Paul mentioned the wife first in the apostolic team of Priscilla and Aquilla (Rom.16:3) .

"Let your women keep silence in the churches, for it is not permitted unto them to speak . . . And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church." 1 Corinthians 14:34-35.

Interestingly, Luke, Paul's companion in their missionary travels, spoke of seven daughters who were prophets (Acts 21:9)

==============================
    2. Plus, women don't be a teacher but be in silence, and don't usurp authority over the man, because Adam was first formed, and also Eve deceived Adam. Women you bear Eve's transgression. Keep silent. Don't teach. Bow to authority of the man.

"Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression" 1 Timothy 2:11-14.
    =================================

Then he writes "But I do not permit a woman to teach or to assert authority over a man, but to be in queitness."

We could take this as essentially Paul saying that this was his particular private practice. "I do not permit ..."

He has the right to instruct his protogege as to what has worked for him in his personal practice.

Anyway, God's Plan of Redemption by one Mary McDonough is a book of Christian teaching I would recommend to anyone without the slightest hesitation.

http://marymcdonough.ccws.org/

And how many hymns did Fanny Crosby write which have become classics ? Some 9,000 or so.

I wonder how many people will remember sermons from guys more than some of the wonderful inspirational songs written by Fanny Crosby ?

==============================
    3. Lastly, women, stay plain. Don't dress up. Don't wear jewelry.

"In like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing" 1 Timothy 2:9
    ===================================

That is good advice for men too. Don't dress so as to draw attention to yourself.
  7. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 21:53
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    what a nice guy. too bad there aren't many people who follow his advice.
    I'm with jaywill
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 21:53
    [b]====================================

Interestingly Paul mentioned the wife first in the apostolic team of Priscilla and Aquilla (Rom.16:3) .

=== ...[text shortened]... is good advice for men too. Don't dress so as to draw attention to yourself.
    You are risking not being short.
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 22:04
    Originally posted by JS357
    You are risking not being short.
    I gave up on that.I should not have opened such a thread.
    I don't know how to delete it once it is opened.

Sorry.
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 22:09
    I gave up on that.I should not have opened such a thread.
    I don't know how to delete it once it is opened.

Sorry.
    I'm not complaining. I like the idea, especially limiting posts enough to avoid RHP going to 'text shortened.' Hard to do.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 22:25
    Originally posted by moon1969

"Let your women keep silence in the churches, for it is not permitted unto them to speak . . . And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a [b]shame
    for women to speak in the ...[text shortened]... deration, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing" 1 Timothy 2:9[/b]
    You must remember to read things in context. It is known that Paul
    wrote letters sometimes to deal with problems the churches were
    having. I believe what Paul is proposing is his way of dealing with
    the church meetings so they go smoothly and with the purpose
    intended when men and women meet to worship. Certain things
    apparently were disrupting this purpose like the women being
    dressed in ways that would call attention to them. I don't believe
    these rules apply in all cases. We need to use our common sense.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 22:30
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You must remember to read things in context. It is known that Paul
    wrote letters sometimes to deal with problems the churches were
    having. I believe what Paul is proposing is his way of dealing with
    the church meetings so they go smoothly and with the purpose
    intended when men and women meet to worship. Certain things
    apparently were disrupting this ...[text shortened]... on to them. I don't believe
    these rules apply in all cases. We need to use our common sense.
    There was no such thing as common sense back then. The church was the ruler of all life and you dare not go against it or be ex-communicated or worse. They wanted women to be barefoot, pregnant with sons only, and especially to be quiet, and take every abuse the husband chose to mete out.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 22:36
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    There was no such thing as common sense back then. The church was the ruler of all life and you dare not go against it or be ex-communicated or worse. They wanted women to be barefoot, pregnant with sons only, and especially to be quiet, and take every abuse the husband chose to mete out.
    Where did you get this knowlege from?
  14. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 01:03
    [b]====================================

=== ...[text shortened]... is good advice for men too. Don't dress so as to draw attention to yourself.
    Short post my ass 😞
  15. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 02:36
    jesus was a communist long before it was discussed as a political ideology in the modern era.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree