1. Maryland
    Moves
    08 Oct '12 12:011 edit
    The bible has explanations about how we got here and how the universe began and how life originated. These are all things that the ancients thought about. The bible, however, does not mention microbes, sub atomic particles, the speed of light, the law of gravity, the composition of the atmosphere, or a list of all the elements, etc. These items were not included because man did not know about them and had no clue of their existence. This strongly suggests that the bible is a man made document because if god wrote the bible, to educate man about the universe and the world he created, he would have provided firm verifiable information. If the bible had mentioned DNA or the existence of Black Holes, I would be impressed!🙂
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Oct '12 12:07
    Originally posted by 667joe
    The bible has explanations about how we got here and how the universe began and how life originated. These are all things that the ancients thought about. The bible, however, does not mention microbes, sub atomic particles, the speed of light, the law of gravity, the composition of the atmosphere, or a list of all the elements, etc. These items were n ...[text shortened]... If the bible had mentioned DNA or the existence of Black Holes, I would be would be impressed!
    it also misses out the bit where god teaches adam outdoor camping skills so he can survive in the wild. there should be a cub-scout chapter with the 10 commandments of camping. or did adam get those skills from eating the fruit? did he take a bite then exclaim in a matrix-esque way 'i know survival skills'.
  3. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    08 Oct '12 15:061 edit
    I often wonder how people who in other walks of life are quite intelligent (and here play extremely good chess, much better than I) and yet in regards to the Bible they become inexplicably concrete, and cannot think in a mythic way. Its much simpler to do so, rather than the hilarious distortions they make to back up ludicrous literalistic Biblical based 'theories" of science and history. Talking snakes, earth 6000 years old,"God" yapping away like some divine commentator at a sports meet. They know exactly what "God" thinks too, do you notice that? It's all so anthropomorphic. Ah, the power of religious indoctrination.
  4. Maryland
    Moves
    08 Oct '12 17:46
    Very well put!
  5. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 04:48
    Very well put!
    Merci, Joe.
  6. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 05:00
    The bible has explanations about how we got here and how the universe began and how life originated. These are all things that the ancients thought about. The bible, however, does not mention microbes, sub atomic particles, the speed of light, the law of gravity, the composition of the atmosphere, or a list of all the elements, etc. These items were n ...[text shortened]... tion. If the bible had mentioned DNA or the existence of Black Holes, I would be impressed!🙂
    aha, but you're not looking through ruby spectacle glasses.

here, i just hit a random verse and out popped the obvious explanation for dna.

1Ki 22:34 But someone drew his bow at random and hit the king of Israel between the sections of his armor. The king told his chariot driver, "Wheel around and get me out of the fighting. I've been wounded

isn't it marvelous? you can find anything in the bible.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 08:28
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    aha, but you're not looking through ruby spectacle glasses.

here, i just hit a random verse and out popped the obvious explanation for dna.

1Ki 22:34 But someone drew his bow at random and hit the king of Israel between the sections of his armor. The king told his chariot driver, "Wheel around and get me out of the fighting. I've been wounded

isn't it marvelous? you can find anything in the bible.
    Excuse me. I guess I stumbled into the ignorance thread. 😏
  8. Maryland
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 10:20
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Excuse me. I guess I stumbled into the ignorance thread. 😏
    Yours is the 1st post in that category!🙂
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 10:24
    The bible has explanations about how we got here and how the universe began and how life originated. These are all things that the ancients thought about. The bible, however, does not mention microbes, sub atomic particles, the speed of light, the law of gravity, the composition of the atmosphere, or a list of all the elements, etc. These items were n ...[text shortened]... tion. If the bible had mentioned DNA or the existence of Black Holes, I would be impressed!🙂
    I would not be impressed with that, I'd be a little more skeptical if it did. God
    related to people right where they were, if God wanted to leave no doubt He
    could do that daily by just showing up. You have now enough to run with and
    ignore the choice is yours.
    Kelly
  10. Maryland
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 14:50
    You are like a horse with blinders!
  11. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    10 Oct '12 08:152 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I would not be impressed with that, I'd be a little more skeptical if it did. God
    related to people right where they were, if God wanted to leave no doubt He
    could do that daily by just showing up. You have now enough to run with and
    ignore the choice is yours.
    Kelly
    "God related to people right where they were, if God wanted to leave no doubt He
    could do that daily by just showing up."

What is your image of "God"? A bloke up there somewhere? Where is he? Why isn't he also a she? One minute he's a Holy Spirit,then he's a Father then he's a godman Son, but where and in what form? Do you see three thrones or One? Is God a bloke with a long white beard, like in the cartoons? Or young?

You are pretty buddy buddy with him, the way you talk about what he would and wouldn't do, how he thinks. So tell us please? What is his form? Where is he? You've got him all summed up, come on. I can't even imagine him. Can indeed a human mind conceive of the source of the billion galaxy Universe? But you appear to be able to. But careful, don't resort to using mythic imagery that's not allowed in your only interpretation of things is it? Its your way of describing and seeing these things or you go to hell, that's it isn't it?

Now literally, what does he look like and where is he? Please.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Oct '12 18:16
    http://evidencebible.com/witnessingtool/scientificfactsintheBible.shtml
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '12 18:32
    Originally posted by Taoman
    I often wonder how people who in other walks of life are quite intelligent (and here play extremely good chess, much better than I) and yet in regards to the Bible they become inexplicably concrete, and cannot think in a mythic way. Its much simpler to do so, rather than the hilarious distortions they make to back up ludicrous literalistic Biblical based 'th ...[text shortened]... you notice that? It's all so anthropomorphic. Ah, the power of religious indoctrination.
    Do you accept any of the non-evident beliefs and ideologies that exist within Bhuddism?
  14. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    10 Oct '12 19:00
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    http://evidencebible.com/witnessingtool/scientificfactsintheBible.shtml
    they have one of these for islam too, and hindu.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Oct '12 19:08
    You are like a horse with blinders!
    and you a donkey!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree