1. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 12:54
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Many religious people believe that the 21 of December 2012 will be the last day on earth and the day they will meet their creator. They will be very disappointed the morning the 22 December. I'm glad that I'm not religious.
    I dont know of any Christians who believe that. What religion are you referring to?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 12:59
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I dont know of any Christians who believe that. What religion are you referring to?
    You just have to be religious to believe in this dooms-days talk, don't you think?

Christians also believe in dooms-day, don't they? Perhaps not at 2012, but still eventually? Then why not 2012?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 13:07
    You just have to be religious to believe in this dooms-days talk, don't you think?

Christians also believe in dooms-day, don't they? Perhaps not at 2012, but still eventually? Then why not 2012?
    Christians dont believe in doomsday.

They believe that Christ will return and change the world .. not end the world.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 13:092 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Believing 'the end is nigh' is no more or less weird than believing in God and all that goes with it. Either you are an extremist weirdo, or you are grossly misjudging 'the end is nigh' folks.
    How do you justify characterising such beliefs as 'extremist'?
    It's no surprise to me that this is your opinion and you are course, quite entitled to it. However it is my view that believing that the world will end next year on 12 Dec to the extent of being prepared to give away all your worldly possessions based on that belief, is not Biblically scripitural in evidence and is very "weird" indeed. If I meet someone who believes in God, this is not wierd in the slightest considering somewhere in the region of 90% of the worlds population believe in God. I accept that what you find "weird" may differ.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 13:12
    Christians dont believe in doomsday.

They believe that Christ will return and change the world .. not end the world.
    Sure? Doesn't Revelation say that everyone believing in the correct way will "come home to god in heaven", and the rest will die?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 13:14
    Sure? Doesn't Revelation say that everyone believing in the correct way will "come home to god in heaven", and the rest will die?
    Please quote the chapter and verse in Revelation.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 13:18
    Please quote the chapter and verse in Revelation.
    No, I cannot, I never read Revelation, it's too fantasy for my taste. I get nightmares from them. These visions looks like a mad mans vision, or a grave drug addicteds visions. Something must be wrong with this guy to wrote this. But it is in the bible, and therefore some christians believes blindly in it. The Revelations is one of the reasons I keep my bible out of reach from children.

But you can? Give me some refs and I'll read those parts. I stay away from the others, of course.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 13:24
    No, I cannot, I never read Revelation, it's too fantasy for my taste. I get nightmares from them. These visions looks like a mad mans vision, or a grave drug addicteds visions. Something must be wrong with this guy to wrote this. But it is in the bible, and therefore some christians believes blindly in it. The Revelations is one of the reasons I keep my b ...[text shortened]... you can? Give me some refs and I'll read those parts. I stay away from the others, of course.
    Ok .. you said Revelation has that. I did not. So I cannot help you as to where it is in the Bible. If you want to know the truth about anything you need to read it yourself and not listen to heresay and third party opinions.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 13:34
    Ok .. you said Revelation has that. I did not. So I cannot help you as to where it is in the Bible. If you want to know the truth about anything you need to read it yourself and not listen to heresay and third party opinions.
    Okay, not Revelations then. What do your bible say about Matthew 13:49 ?

"So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.”

My bible says "end of the world" (vid världens slut), so this is how I understand "end of the age". Meaning end of the world? Was Matthew wrong? The word is from Jesus himself, but that's only hearsay, of course.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 13:53
    Okay, not Revelations then. What do your bible say about Matthew 13:49 ?

"So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.”

My bible says "end of the world" (vid världens slut), so this is how I understand "en ...[text shortened]... ld? Was Matthew wrong? The word is from Jesus himself, but that's only hearsay, of course.
    You initially said :

... everyone believing in the correct way will "come home to god in heaven", and the rest will die?

Now you quote Matt .. .."So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.”

Any 5 year old can tell you that you have grossly misinterpreted the Bible.

If you are really interested in understanding the Bible then you would not do that. Unfortunately I know that you are an atheist and you are only interested in discrediting the Bible and what it says. So like I have said so many times before I dont throw the pearls of the Bible for the swine of the atheist world to trod over them. So end of discussion.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 14:031 edit
    You initially said :

... everyone believing in the correct way will "come home to god in heaven", and the rest will die?

Now you quote Matt .. .."So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.” [ arls of the Bible for the swine of the atheist world to trod over them. So end of discussion.
    Funny you should compare me with a 5 years old. AS most of 5 years olds cannot read, then some ohter has to tell them the 49th verse. Does that compare do you think? Is it this you base your christian retorics on?

I did a quick research, gave you the first ref I found, and you complain? Please...

So tell me how you interprete "the end of the age"? And tell me how you interprete "the wicked from among the righteous" if not "those who have the right beliefs from those who have not".

If I ask, then I expect to have annswers from those who know, and can explain. If you are not in that category, then keep off, you don't help.

If you further try to insult those who ask, then you show a really bad example of a True Christian.

You think I am an atheist? Why do you think that? Because I dare to ask things and just not take things fror granted as every fundamentalist would do? No, I tell you that, I'm not a fundamentalist. I think. I use my brains.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 14:08
    Funny you should compare me with a 5 years old. AS most of 5 years olds cannot read, then some ohter has to tell them the 49th verse. Does that compare do you think? Is it this you base your christian retorics on?

I did a quick research, gave you the first ref I found, and you complain? Please...

So tell me how you interprete "the end of the age"? A ...[text shortened]... alist would do? No, I tell you that, I'm not a fundamentalist. I think. I use my brains.
    You are asking to discredit Christianity, not to know or understand the Bible.
    Good luck to you. Hopefully someone else has the time to help you.
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 14:11
    You are asking to discredit Christianity, not to know or understand the Bible.
    Good luck to you. Hopefully someone else has the time to help you.
    Why do you even take time to write a posting, when you don't answer my questions? I ask because I want to know. Not to be insulted.

I just think you don't know the answer.

Do I have to be offensive in order to be a christian?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 14:18
    Why do you even take time to write a posting, when you don't answer my questions? I ask because I want to know. Not to be insulted.

I just think you don't know the answer.

Do I have to be offensive in order to be a christian?
    I dont engage atheists in bible discussions. Good luck to you.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 14:221 edit
    I dont engage atheists in bible discussions. Good luck to you.
    So why are you hear? You persist talking with atheists, because you are so weak in your faith that you are near to be one youself, right?

You are not very Christian like, are you? Jesus wouldn't be proud of you. He would answer every question from those who wants to know.

You just want to insult, and that's all. Something to build you religion upon, eh?

You're just a mere troll.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree