Nde

Subscribermlb62
Spirituality 21 Feb '18 03:27
  1. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 03:27
    Every person experiencing near death say they no longer fear death !!
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 03:49
    Originally posted by @ogb
    Ndes are really interesting. From the little I know about them, a tunnel and bright light seems to be pretty common as well as seeing deceased relatives. Apparently, some can’t be explained away as adventures of the mind because some accurately reported seeing what surgeons were doing from a vantage point their physical bodies didn’t have and I think one accurately reported a conversation a relative was having in a waiting room while his body was in an operating room.

As Johnny Carson used to say, “Wild and wacky stuff.”
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Feb '18 02:24
    Death the illusion or Death the transformer?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Feb '18 05:21
    Walter Payton had a great quote on this. The famous Chicago Bears running back and one of the greatest running backs of all time was asked (I think by one of his teammates) if he feared death (a serious illness Payton had was what prompted the question.)

Payton said he did fear death but only because he hadn’t done it before.

This fits right in with the OP. People who know what to expect from an event no longer fear it.

It’s very interesting that although literally hundreds upon hundreds of millions of people have died, we who haven’t do not know what to expect. You have to die to know what death is like. No one can tell you. And once you die and find out, you can’t tell anyone.

“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”

(Proverbs 3:5-6)

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”

(Isaiah 41:10)
  5. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 02:25
    On the other hand..if you were aware that you could not die, would you still be religious ?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 03:30
    On the other hand..if you were aware that you could not die, would you still be religious ?
    Yes, because there is more to Christianity than salvation and the afterlife.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree