1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 00:08
    Originally posted by buckky
    Humans don't live by bread alone. Need or desire seems like splitting hairs. Whats irrational about wanting to be happy all the time ? Sometimes it seems like a dog chasing it's tail in the fact that constant happiness never appears to take place. Small moments of release from the contracted state we all inhabit is all we can hope for, but that still does not take away from the need or desire for more release into Bliss.
    The verbs 'need' and 'want' have to be transmuted to one word:'need-want'. Only in this way can we approach God.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 00:183 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    You could argue that some use science as a similar crutch. After all, just studying the truth behind our origins will NEVER answer what the meaning of it all is, however, for some it is enough just to know bits and peices of the puzzle instead of trying to get the big picture of what the puzzle actually is all about. They then often turn and deride those who try to peice together the missing peices of the puzzle.
  3. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 00:20
    Originally posted by Lord Shark
    I came up with a personal motto a while ago: eternal bliss now.

It was in response to the pass time people, including me, have of daydreaming sometimes in a wishful way. I just thought I'd take it to its logical conclusion.

So I'm totally in agreement with you when you hope there is a heaven and that you will be let in. Me too.

I disagree with ge ...[text shortened]... the term 'explanation' without even themselves noticing. Which is a neat trick actually.
    eternal bliss now

I love it! (We need bumper-stickers.)
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 02:00
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    Why should they not believe it? Try to be a happier person without wanting to be - get back to me on that. You can't get out of the box. You can walk around telling people that you're out of the box but you run the risk of being put in a real box (I won't name names.) Heaven (bliss) is a poor target (but the best a dumb animal can attain.) You have to a ...[text shortened]... it and you become egocentric, paranoid, and dangerous to others (again I won't name names.)
    Let's look at how Merriam-Webster defines englightened:
    1 : freed from ignorance and misinformation <an enlightened people> <an enlightened time> 2 : based on full comprehension of the problems involved <issued an enlightened ruling>

Let's take the simple case of an overweight person who tells himself that he's overweight because it's "genetic". Do he really comprehend the he overeats because he uses food as a source of comfort, substitute for love, etc. or is he deluding himself? He overindulges because he doesn't have control over his impulses. Is this rational?

What makes you believethat living without pleasure causes you to become "egocentric, paranoid, and dangerous to others"?
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 02:10
    Originally posted by buckky
    Humans don't live by bread alone. Need or desire seems like splitting hairs. Whats irrational about wanting to be happy all the time ? Sometimes it seems like a dog chasing it's tail in the fact that constant happiness never appears to take place. Small moments of release from the contracted state we all inhabit is all we can hope for, but that still does not take away from the need or desire for more release into Bliss.
    Seems to me that it's relatively easy to make a distinction between "need" and "desire". Do the overweight person reach for the piece of cheesecake really "need" it or does he merely "desire" it?

Take a step back. It is seeking to feel good that leads to most if not all the transgressions of man against man. Cravings overwhelm them and renders them incapable of rational thought. Is it rational to allow cravings to dictate one's thoughts and behavior?
  6. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 11:30
    Originally posted by vistesd
    [b]eternal bliss now

I love it! (We need bumper-stickers.)[/b]
    ...bumper stickers desined by "2 Advanced Unlimited"
    😵
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 11:31
    No religion😵
  8. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 13:16
    Originally posted by black beetle
    No religion😵
    There is Religion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree