1. London
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 14:251 edit
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Nemesio: "Seriously, RBHILL, you need to come out of the mindless fundamentalism and embrace true
    spirituality."

True Spirituality ? .... and what might that be ? Of course your own brand of whatever you're practising. You belong t ...[text shortened]... here he's standing. Nobody knows where you are standing, Nemesio.
    That was uncalled for.

There is a point, however - what is the "true spirituality" Nemesio is exhorting RBHill to accept?
  2. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 17:06
    True Spirituality ? .... and what might that be ? Of course your own brand of whatever you're practising.

Wrong. My spirituality doesn't rely on a monopoly on tradition. So, I would be equally
    happy with spiritual Christians, Moslems, Buddhists, Jews, and so forth. You are projecting
    on me a viewpoint which you hold, not I.

You belong to a church you don't even want to name. In my view that's plain cowardice .... or maybe it is a condition you have to obey. Like for instance if you join the Freemasons or Satan's church.

You may view it as cowardice, but I've explained my reasons and my point of view. You just
    reject it.

For your information, Freemasons are not a religion, nor is it a substitute for religion.
    Neither is the vast majority of what they do a secret in any way. The only things which a
    Freemason swears to keep secret from Profane (that is, non-Masons) is what they call the 'modes
    of recognition,' which are the secret grips (or handshakes), signs (or hand gestures), or words.
    They also keep certain elements of their ritual secret (most obviously, those elements which
    involve using or teaching any of the modes of recognition). However, a great deal of it is perfectly
    suited for discussion with Profane. And a Mason is not under any obligation to keep their affiliation
    a secret, but they often choose to do so because of people, like you, who have an utterly
    misguided view of that noble Fraternity.

By the way, I am not a Freemason; all of this information (and a great deal more) I have acquired
    in conversations with active and dutiful Freemasons (one of whom is a regional instructor of
    ritual for this area and is an expert on Freemasonry).

At least RBHILL says where he's standing. Nobody knows where you are standing, Nemesio.

Are you a priest, Ivanhoe? Tell us where you stand.

Nemesio
  3. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 17:11
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    That was uncalled for.

That's ok. I don't mind when Ivanhoe acts uncharitably towards me. It only further reveals
    how distant he is from the Church which he claims to be a member of.

There is a point, however - what is the "true spirituality" Nemesio is exhorting RBHill to accept?

I didn't mean 'True Spirituality' in the sense that there is a singular and unique way in which
    to understand the Divine. I do know that being a closed-minded, purposefully ignorant, judgmental
    person is not 'true spirituality.' In many cases, as in RBHILL's, this is the product of a need to
    have literal inerrancy -- an untenable position -- in order to understand God. I reject this, not only
    because it is demonstrably untrue, but because I don't think that the Divine can be meaningfully
    reduced to a finite set of words or concepts.

Nemesio
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 17:21
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    LMAO! Allow me to be the first to offer a prediction of this thread's great potential to blossom into rich and pure amusement.
    Your prophecy has come to a beautiful fruition.
  5. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 19:041 edit
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    [b] True Spirituality ? .... and what might that be ? Of course your own brand of whatever you're practising.

Wrong. My spirituality doesn't rely on a monopoly on tradition. So, I would be eq ...[text shortened]... ng. Nobody knows where you are standing, Nemesio.[/b]

Nemesio[/b]
    I didn't ask for an expose on Freemasonry, but thanks anyway. I would appreciate though an expose on satan's church. Do you know anything about that ?

Nemesio: "Wrong. My spirituality doesn't rely on a monopoly on tradition. So, I would be equally
    happy with spiritual Christians, Moslems, Buddhists, Jews, and so forth. You are projecting
    on me a viewpoint which you hold, not I."

.... and what might that viewpoint be what I am projecting on you ?

Nemesio: "And a Mason is not under any obligation to keep their affiliation
    a secret, but they often choose to do so because of people, like you, who have an utterly
    misguided view of that noble Fraternity."

Exactly, they often choose to do so.

...... I have "an utterly misguided view of that noble Fraternity" ?

You have the gift of clairvoyance, my noble Nemesio.

Nemesio: "Are you a priest, Ivanhoe? Tell us where you stand."

No, I am not a priest. I am a lay Roman Catholic. I have no problem telling people where I stand. You however choose to be silent and secretive about your denomination or religious stances. Nobody knows where you stand, Elusive Nemesio.

By the way, you didn't explain what you mean when you talk about "True Spirituality". What does it entail ?
  6. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 19:10
    I
    No, I am not a priest. I am a lay Roman Catholic.
    Whoohoo! I knew it!

Pardon me while I take a few minutes away from my computer to engage in a ritualistic "I told you so" dance.

7. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 19:11
    Whoohoo! I knew it!

Pardon me while I take a few minutes away from my computer to engage in a ritualistic "I told you so" dance.

..... and who Dear Doctor told you I was ?
  8. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 19:161 edit
    Whoohoo! I knew it!

By the way Dear Doctor, it would be exciting and entertaining to make a poll on what denomination, faith or whatever conviction The Elusive Nemesio is practising.

I'll give you one clue ..... it is very modern ..... very very modern indeed ...... lol .....
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 19:25
    You know what is even more reliable?

RBHILL's reports of my coming out. That is the height of journalistic excellence. He did a lot
    of 'undercover' work to deduce this.

I know I've been caught with my hand in the cookie jar!

Nemesio
    Just keep your hands out of my 'cookie jar' please!

Unless you really know what you're doing...I might make an exception for an expert.
  10. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 19:37
    Whoohoo! I knew it!

I publically admit being wrong on this issue.
  11. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 19:39
    I'll give you one clue ..... it is very modern ..... very very modern indeed ...... lol .....
    RBHILL thinks I am a Roman Catholic.

You think I am a Deist (or the last time you took a public stab at it).

Darfius lumped me with the atheists a while ago (although I was
    kind enough to steer him from this).

Ivanhoe, you need to find another hobby other than worrying what
    religious tradition I practice. How about studying Christianity and
    being better at that?

Nemesio
  12. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 19:40
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Just keep your hands out of my 'cookie jar' please!

Unless you really know what you're doing...I might make an exception for an expert.
    😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲
  13. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 19:57
    RBHILL thinks I am a Roman Catholic.

You think I am a Deist (or the last time you took a public stab at it).

Darfius lumped me with the atheists a while ago (although I was
    kind enough to steer him from this).

Ivanhoe, you need to find another hobby other than worrying what
    religious tradition I practice. How about studying Christianity and
    being better at that?

Nemesio

Who says I am worrying ? I change my view .... you are an .... no, you're not a Christian because you made some very derogatory remarks about some aspects of the faith .... definitely no Christian.

You thought I was a Catholic priest ? Now that's what I call hilarious.
    What made you think I was ?

14. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 20:02
    You thought I was a Catholic priest ? Now that's what I call hilarious. What made you think I was ?
    I just got this vibe. I thought I heard sermons in utero in a
    few of your posts. Doctor Scribbles will be razzing me about it for
    some time to come.

Nemesio
  15. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 20:10

Who says I am worrying ? I change my view .... you are an .... no, you're not a Christian because you made some very derogatory remarks about some aspects of the faith .... definitely no Christian.

You thought I was a Catholic priest ? Now that's what I call hilarious.
    What made you think I was ?

Ivanhoe, I thought you were a priest as well. Your command of Roman Catholic policy and teachings certainly has to be on the level of any priest.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree